It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Paster cancells Quran burning

-- Rev. Terry Jones of World Outreach Center in Florida says he is canceling Quran burning event on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-9-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
With worldwide attention I figured the death-threats must be pouring in with details of his home/family/church/etc...

I'm glad this isn't going through.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO with Freedom of Religion or State as far as I'm concerned.

www.cnn.com/breaking

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
One Christian, effectively silenced.

I am just SO thrilled.

Who's next?
Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

link   
What is done is done, he has already marked himself and only time will tell how far reaching the consequences of this mans actions will be.

Intent.

link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Paster cancells Quran burning

-- Rev. Terry Jones of World Outreach Center in Florida says he is canceling Quran burning event on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yah beat me to it C.D420, by about 15 seconds lol!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, according to Terry Jones the IMAM of the NY Mosque has agreed to move the Mosque? Apparently they reached some deal?

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
At least Americans don't back down to terrorist threats.What a joke. So in short he was unable to exercise his right as an American for fear of being attacked by terrorist. George Washington would be proud.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I saw the Pastor interviewed. He got in WAY over his head on this one. He went from small town to big leagues and realized how much trouble this could cause.

I think it's funny that they are trying to say it's the result of some "deal" he brokered. Sounds like he's just saying that to save face.

edit on 9-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
At least Americans don't back down to terrorist threats.What a joke. So in short he was unable to exercise his right as an American because of fear of being attacked by terrorist.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

I was thinking it would be funny if he announced, "We're not going to burn the Quar'ans....instead we are going to dump them into a sewer pit, and blow them up with 10 pounds of C4!!!"

+10 more 
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

No, he realized that what he was doing was totally moronic. Having the right to do something does not make it right.

Or, he was bluffing the whole time and simply wanted attention. He also hoped this would bring bigoted fools to his "church" and make him money,

I'm thinking option 2.

link   
Looks like a compromise. He agreed not to burn the books if the imam in NY would consider relocating the NYC mosque. He is going to NY to meet with a New York Imam regarding the relocation of the Islamic Mosque near ground zero. Maybe that is what he was look for all along.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

WHAT! He's gonna meet with a Muslim?! But, but, they're the enemy!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
IMAM is reporting in Reuters, and NBC that the IMAM has made NO DEAL to move the mosque....Apparently this Terry Jones character is just lying even more?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Let us see how many people praise this man for deciding not to act upon his stupid idea.

Man has stupid idea.
Man decides not to act upon stupid idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

lorida Rev. Terry Jones says he is canceling the planned burning of the Quran and instead flying to New York on Saturday to meet with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the man behind the planned New York mosque.

Is anyone buying this CRAP?

First... outrage about the mosque. Then... outrage about burning the Quran. At first I thought they were just two different events with no real relation. I thought it was odd how these events show up back to back, and it almost seems planned, like someone is purposefully raising these issues.

NOW.... the two seemingly unrelated events are coming together. Rev. Jones is going to fly and meet the the guy behind the mosque. What the heck is going on? It seems fake, like some big act, play, movie, etc..

To add to the act, play, movie, whatever... now Donald Trump is trying to play superman and buy the mosque location.

Anyone else feel that all this is just fake in some way?

edit on 9-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
He canceled. How fitting. He got in over his head? Perhaps, but he also accomplished what he wanted to and gained the attention he wished to gain while making the point he wished to make. I wonder if this will blow over for him or if the consequences of his actions will have longer lasting affect?

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think it is funny how muslims demand religous tolerance and have no problem burning flags and bibles, but have no tolerence of their own.

Pretty telling, IMO.

Telling, indeed.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

He should have gotten it in writing, this supposed deal with the Imam. If the Imam did in fact lie and double crossed this guy, we might see a Quar'an burning yet!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed
Anyone else feel that all this is just fake in some way?

This has the hands of the FBI/Whitehouse all over it. They knew this guy wouldn't back down unless HE got something. So maybe the FBI/Whitehouse contacted the Imam and arranged this deal.

The Imam looks good because he prevented blasphemy against the Quar'an
The Preacher looks good because he stopped the Mosque near Ground Zero.

Called a Win-Win - it's how the Cuban Missle Crisis was averted.

edit on 9-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: layout

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Finally found a source. I know most of you probably don't care for Social Media source but this is the Twitter of Reuters so I'm quite sure it's legit.

twitter.com...

Update: Imam denies deal to move mosque away from ground zero, contradicting Fla. pastor - Reuters

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
he can cancel all he wants.
some of the blogs I've been seeing
are stating they are gonna go ahead
with the burning anyway without
this pastor involved.
so it's not over by any means

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join