It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo in Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hi to everybody this topic will talk about ufo in religion your god he comes from the sky in a flying saucer.

Nag Hammadi Library, a book of ancient Gnostic writings, Jesus Christ is called 'Allogenes', which means 'alien'.

The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350

La Tebaide" by Paolo Uccello (painted c.1460-1465). The detail shows a saucer shaped UFO

Jesus and Mary on what appear to be disc-shaped lenticular clouds. It is titled "The Miracle of the Snow", by Masolino Da Panicale (1383-1440). It hangs at the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Florence, Italy

17th century fresco from the Svetishoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta

this is a paint that shows sputnik painted around 1600

and the real one

nothing to do whit religion now gray painted on walls of pyramid

Ok so i guess whe can tell that ufo and alien are everywhere from giza to europe to maya to china and every god did came from the sky space whatever.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowneedtoknow
Hi to everybody this topic will talk about ufo in religion your god he comes from the sky in a flying saucer.

You are projecting your modern perceptions on works of art hundreds of years old without any consideration of the context of the paintings or the symbolism involved.

Remember your Bible stories? Specifically the shepherds at the Nativity? That is the scene depicted in the background, the object is an stylized angel as a cloud. It is a common motif in paintings of the time...

This is a painting of the annunciation; not a UFO but a "vortex" of angels in Heaven. Again, Another common motif in painting of this scene.

This is a stylized Sun and Moon bearing witness to the Crucifixion. Again, another common theme.

17th century fresco from the Svetishoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta

And if you had a better resolution image, you would see the spot inside the circle is actually a dove. The dove within a circle is a common stylization of the Holy Spirit. You will notice it appears in an earlier painting you posted...

And in that case, the painting represents the Trinity.

this is a paint that shows sputnik painted around 1600

A satellite or a representation of the "Celestial Sphere", all creation, that appears in other paintings of the era...

nothing to do whit religion now gray painted on walls of pyramid

It's not a "grey" it's a plant. You are looking at a low-resolution image...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e0137e5a414.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 9-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Please provide sources for your information and include the proper EX tags for words that are not your own.Please read: Posting work written by others.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So basically your hypothesis is that people in ancient times saw UFOs (weather anomalies, meteorites, odd clouds, whatever) and attributed them to various manifestations of gods or deities?

Is there any real debate about this? People saw things in the sky and tried to explain them in ways that made sense to them? Well... duh!

It's just that these days we have a few more good possible explanations, rather than just "the gods did it." As for real, unexplained UFOs, we still don't know jack.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Im going to save a lot of time and just say no. Im new to ATS however i believe every UFO site with a board has at least 10 threads for every one of those pictures all of which have been debunked

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
So basically your hypothesis is that people in ancient times saw UFOs (weather anomalies, meteorites, odd clouds, whatever) and attributed them to various manifestations of gods or deities?

Not unlike today. We project our folklore and beliefs on things we cannot explain.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Not unlike today. We project our folklore and beliefs on things we cannot explain.

Exactly. What we essentially have is 5,000 plus years of UFO sightings, and thanks to science we have a few better explanations for some of them. But for the really, truly weird sightings, we still don't have a clue as to what's going on. "Aliens?" "Time travelers?" "Manifestations from other universes?" Who knows.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have discovered in my independent research that there is indeed a group of ETs who have traveled around the world claiming to be "Gods" and threatening annihilation if they are not worshipped. They created all major religions and secret societies to create war and chaos on this planet. They pit on country or one religion against each other--just as they are doing now behind the scenes.

I call them the Serpent Staff Pleiadians because of their repeated use of the Serpent/Staff symbol. (The All-Seeing Eye above the Great Pyramid is also one of their symbols.) It appears they're still active because they tried to make Billy Meier one of their modern day prophets. See Wendell Stevens' Pleiadian Contact Notes for details.

It's too big a topic to detail here but I have placed my research documentation (two books) on my website which anyone can read free of charge. I don't make a penny on it. I have spent many thousands of dollars and much of my life doing this research. *Snip*

Peace,
TLC

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Removed Personal Website as Per the T&C

edit on 9/9/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

yes, he is not considering that, but you are not considering the most important fact

people reported FLYING CROSSES, FLYING PEOPLE, weird things in the sky, in rich details thought all cultures of our history

so, well,

one - the religions are true, and there were flying crosses

two - those reports are fake

three - they were in "acid"

four - they were trying to explain something that their brains couldnt process

so, its not ALL about pictures, but about statements and a lot of material published during our history

I really dont know which theory is right, but, you just cant say that its all just a bunch of "symbolic" interpretation, because you cant say that about the statements that we can find

but I agree, the secret is in the interpretation, so we must use our intelligence to try to analyze their situation and what they could be referring to, in those pictures, statements ...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Is there any real debate about this? People saw things in the sky and tried to explain them in ways that made sense to them? Well... duh!

It's just that these days we have a few more good possible explanations, rather than just "the gods did it." As for real, unexplained UFOs, we still don't know jack.

watch Ancient Aliens, documentary from History Channel ... its a good thing for u to get to know this alternative theory

lets be real here, everything written on these ancient books and on these ancient paintings need to be anaylzed by what they represent: an ancient perspective about something

so, nowadays we may describe something they saw completely different, since its all based on our current beliefs and information available ...

so, if I want to believe that all religions came from aliens, I could say that and nobody could try to argue that I am wrong, since its a matter of interpretation, not facts ... just like a lot of people interpret these religious books as angels flying, evil, hell, ...

in my personal opinion, I dont support the mainstream view (hell, heaven), since it cant be explained by science, but I can relate to the ancient alien theory, its much more plausible than most religious mainstream views

but I really dont know the truth, I just think its great to understand all the possibilities

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

But your having a good start of knowing the truth and the best part of it I see, is that your trying as much as you can to fined the truth not like these sheep's that pretend to be experts in debunking everything they are afraid of when they themselves dont even know anything their own heritage.

Good job my hat goes off to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

---

Hi blueshift,

Horse dung. Us simple people have nothing more than video cameras, and through them, sent the government to the shadows. Between Video Cams and the Internet we have'm by the balls and compartmentalization leaves the weird and wonderful truth that government brass don't know the truth themselves--lol.

Decoy

top topics

join