It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Events Proves Pastor Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
quote from cbc

In March of 2001 it was ok for the Muslims Taliban to destroy 2 Buddhist religious relics that were revered by many Buddhists, but now, it's not ok for people to burn their Quran? Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz0z3aYHf5t

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
even in this video the muslim announcer is proud of it
And yet there was no outcry from the media over that event, not even single 3 hours air time on the news, like this quran burning.

During the war in Yugoslavia the western media had a blackout frenzy on where Muslims destroying and burning historical christan churches, including the destruction of orthodox churches.

The whole western world was in denial, stating and claiming that the muslims had the right to do it.

And now the Mulisms outrage were again by violence and threats, protests chanted death to the christians and well they had a right to burn the american flags.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

not even single 3 hours air time on the news, like this quran burning.

Perhaps that's because when a Buddhist relic is destroyed Buddhists don't start bombing innocent people. Extremist Muslims will use the Koran burning as a way to gain new recruits and get more people outraged about American intolerance.

Does the Pastor have a right to burn the book? Sure he does. Is it a smart idea? Nope, and it'll probably get some people killed.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'll just leave this link here

www.nytimes.com...

You know. It's a viscious cycle of back and forth barbarism on both sides.
We really need to just leave well enough alone. And just be segregated.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
In March of 2001 it was ok for the Muslims Taliban to destroy 2 Buddhist religious relics that were revered by many Buddhists, but now, it's not ok for people to burn their Quran? Read more:

That's because Muslims are a group of 1 billion+ individuals, that can't be classified as a group by a single set of views, beliefs or attitudes, any more than you can group all the 1 billion+ Christians together under a single bracket.

You certainly can't judge all Muslims by the actions of the Taliban, any more than you can judge all Christians by the actions of the Westboro Baptist church.

During the war in Yugoslavia the western media had a blackout frenzy on where Muslims destroying and burning historical christan churches, including the destruction of orthodox churches.

The whole western world was in denial, stating and claiming that the muslims had the right to do it.

The Yugoslav civil war was a terrible business.

Much of it was ''six of one, and half a dozen of the other'' with the participants in it.

Some Bosniaks carried out atrocities against Serbs and Croats, Some Serbs carries out atrocities against Croats and Bosniaks, some Croats carries out atrocities against Bosniaks and Serbs.

There were many Mosques burnt down by Serbs, just as there were many churches destroyed by Bosniaks.

And now the Mulisms outrage were again by violence and threats, protests chanted death to the christians and well they had a right to burn the american flags.

You get ignorant people everywhere.

The people burning the US flags are clearly ignorant, and no better than this pastor.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What this comes down to is this; in most of the world, there is no individual per se, there is only a 'group'. Individuals are not acknowledged. This was a key part of early America, and of Christianity. The God of the Bible deals with individuals, not groups like the god of Baraq, if he in fact acknowledges someone greater than he. He subscribes to a religion that teaches the genocide of Caucasians, in direct opposition to the Bible. NOT Christian, but also not Muslim. What relgion do you call self worship?
When they hear of ONE American doing something, then it is ALL Americans. You are all talking about how the group does not speak for all the individuals. Elsewhere, it usually does. But not in 'Christian' cultures.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

As a Zen Buddhist myself I'd like to shed some light on the differences between what the Taliban did to the standing Buddha statues and what the pastor is doing by burning the Korans in Florida.

First of all, to the majority of Buddhists, these statues were not directly religious objects. We do not worship statues, or believe them to be divinely inspired in the Western sense. Make no mistake, what the Taliban did was horrible and a crime against art and Buddhist culture, but it does not diminish our religion as a whole.

Imagine that say a group decided to burn the painting of St. John the Baptist by Leonardo da Vinci. This would be a terrible thing, a great artistic treasure would be lost forever, and it would be a loss to all of society.

Now instead imagine that the same group decided instead to burn 200 copies of the Bible, which according to Christians is the inspired word of God. This would be an attack directly upon Christianity itself, the ideas behind it and the theological claims of the religion.

Now which of these two is worse? Well for society at large the loss of the irreplaceable painting would be of course, but to Christians specifically the burning of the Bibles would be because of the direct affront to all of their beliefs and what they consider to be undeniable truth.

Fortunately for Buddhism, we cannot be attacked in such a way, our religion is not contained within one book, and the ideas we share are so diverse that it is hard to find one thing to symbolically or physically attack that would cause harm to all of us. We also love challenge and debate as it brings greater understanding. When our beliefs are denied or come into question it is giving us an chance to learn and grow as well.

Christianity and Islam however are very similar religions from a functional standpoint, so being in one it is very easy to know where to jab the other so it draws blood. This radical pastor in Florida knows where to hit Islam where it will provoke the biggest reaction possible.

In the end this pastor is no better than the Taliban, he just has a more effective means to hurt another religion. Thankfully, the vast majority of Americans have shown themselves to be better than this man.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Again Look at the picture at article just to prove my point again.

so the photo at the top shows some of the tolerant dudes we are dealing with here, that are somehow allowed to burn whatever they want...

Pakiston is full of a bunch of crazy ungrateful bastards! They burn the American flag and chant death to America less than two weeks after the United States gives them millions of dollars and helicopter support to deal with the floods. Very tough to respect the Muslim faith!

Very true isn't it?

US is one of the LEADING contributors of aid to Pakistan and I saw no evidence of THANKS from these same US flag burning scumbags. Tell me again G&M why we should send Pakistan aid?

Ah, nothing like a good ol' flag burning to protest a Koran burning.

Again the comments are interesting and alot of the prove the point.

GOD isn't in a book, these holy books and every holy books were written by men.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So the point is.....?
Because nutcase muslim governments are intolerant we should be too?
That our country is should be as uncivilized as they are?
Enlighten me.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So, you're basically saying that 2 wrongs do indeed make a right? I don't understand. Either way they are spreading hate. Do you feel we should fight hate with more hate?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

We have to prove to Muslims that those words in the Koran weren't written by the GOD or rather there holy muhammad.

Because i noticed that many muslims believe the book was written by muhammad this why they believe its scared and believe in the book.

Once they realize the truth they will spread there hate on there leaders, because the leaders are using islam a means of control and conquer.

Do you feel we should fight hate with more hate?

No spreading Truth

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
One messed-up group of Muslims blow up statues of Buddha and we should applaud a racist numbskull offending 1 billion people? Makes sense to me!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

We have to prove to Muslims that those words in the Koran weren't written by the GOD or rather there holy muhammad.

Because i noticed that many muslims believe the book was written by muhammad this why they believe its scared and believe in the book.

Once they realize the truth they will spread there hate on there leaders, because the leaders are using islam a means of control and conquer.

Why must "we" overthrow a religion where the overwhelming majority of adherents lead peaceful and productive lives? Why destroy the faith of a billion people when the faith itself is not what you are fighting?

NATO is fighting terrorist extremists, again it must be made clear that these men are bad Muslims, they fail at their faith.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

In March of 2001 it was ok for the Muslims Taliban to destroy 2 Buddhist religious relics that were revered by many Buddhists, but now, it's not ok for people to burn their Quran?

It was not OK for the Taliban to destroy those ancient Bhuddhist relics. Why do you think that was OK?

It is not OK for people to burn the Quran.

You logic fails from the get go.

Geez, I think I was 4 years old when my father explained to me 2 wrongs do not make a right. Grow up.

They have the "right" to burn Quran's...though I think the pastor is a very special kind of idiot for doing so and he will in fact risk US lives abroad.

edit on 9-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: grammer

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We?
We who?
The United States? We should dictate to the world what religion they should follow?
Are you serious?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

We?
We who?
The United States? We should dictate to the world what religion they should follow?
Are you serious?

I cant recall Islam been an Religion, its more of an ideology.

Maybe a visit to bosnia would change your mind on Islam.

new topics

top topics

join