It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage. European parlement member.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wanted you all to see a rant from Nigel Farage.

It was posted on Dumpert a Dutch part of the site Geenstijl.nl.

Listen to what he says. What bothers me most is that the ones he is addressing don't deny anything.
Well... they laugh about it.

Link !

How obvious can it be ?
Thoughts please ?

Kind regards

~ Sinter

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes they laughed, but they were laughs of embarrasment.

I am not right wing like Nigel but he is not wrong in what he says about this corrupt union.

S&F for you my friend

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was watching vids of him on You Tube yesterday. I don't know much about his politics or the views of his party, but man I enjoyed his speechifying at the EU Parliament! He seems to be the UK's answer to Ron Paul more or less, in that he is hugely vocal in trying to maintain national sovereignty and resists this globalist push to power. I also like the fact that in most European Parliaments, it's not taboo to personally attack other PM's, unlike the US Congressional model that, while more civilized on the surface, doesn't allow these types of outbursts that can actually help to drive important points home and make the whole process a bit more interesting. I bet the US population would be more involved and aware of the goings on in Congress if they were throwing clever insults at each other and calling out the ones who've been hauled to court for fraud etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Farage does spew a lot of sense sometimes, unfortunately his approach is bordering on comical and he will never be taken seriously by the vast majority of people. If he is the moral mouthpiece we have to put our faith in then I despair.

It also doesn't help that the party he represents (UKIP) has a reputation for having racists, sexists and holocaust deniers within it's ranks.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I'm unaware of farage's political history, so thanks

To bad actually. I've been enjoying his speeches a lot. Usually he places his finger exactly on the sore spot.
I never really followed politics, Since I was thrown in the dark and sinister trenches of conspiracies, I learned a lot.

When he was telling van Rompey what he felt about him. Hilarious ! ( a few months ago )
He couldn't be more correct tho. And that is what bothers me the most.

This guy is telling us loud and clear what's happening. It doesn't even get denied or censored, but people simply don't care or something.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

Insults are not really appropriate in Dutch politics, but it does happen.

Personally I enjoy it , but I do not think politicians should go around insulting each other.
I think so because they are not in kindergarten anymore and it shows a lack of discipline. What I do not mind is when it is the truth. The truth can be insulting'but it needs to be said IMO.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Yer, I can see his appeal, but he certainly is a strange character, Mr Farage. On the one hand he boasts about truth, fairness and honest whilst simultaneously boasting about using £2 million in expenses, on top of his £64,000 a year salary.

He claimed that he didn't 'pocket' the money and instead used it to 'help promote Ukip's message that the UK should get out of the EU.' Which doesn't seem to be working very well, if he is to be believed at all.

Like you say, his videos are hilarious but it is because of this that he can be easily discredited and basically written off as a loony with a big mouth. It also doesn't help when you surround yourself with the type of shady characters that he seems to act like a magnet for - benefit fraudsters, false accounting and money laundering can also be added to the ones I listed earlier.

All things considered; good message, bad messenger.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I read the article, but it does not proof Farage lied about that 2M. I do get your point and I think it is a bloody shame to say the least.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I get really sick of people who claim a party like UKIP is bad because members of it have turned out to be bad. They dont seem to realise that what goes on in a party like UKIP goes on in every single other party, and often on greater degrees of disgusting. Those people were probably plants, and obviously self-serving anyway.

There ARE good, honest people out there fighting for us, and people wont listen yet they lap up all the poison spewed by the MSM and our current rulers. Parties like UKIP go against the grain so its in the current ruling parties interests to make sure nobody supports those that can actually challenge the status quo. Can you imagine the chaos it would cause if UKIP actually got what it wanted?

I dont support any particular party, but people fighting on our behalf, who genuinely care about the welfare of our nation and future of this planet, should definitely have our support.

Remember: Nobody is perfect! Including me, I didnt read the entire thread properly before writing the above - he's obviously got his vices but again, theres not a person alive who has lived a blameless life.

edit on 9-9-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip because: yes

new topics

top topics

join