It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTERPOL issues global alert for increased terror threat if Koran burning in US goes ahead as planne

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

INTERPOL issues global alert for increased terror threat if Koran burning in US goes ahead as planned

www.interpol.int

LYON, France – INTERPOL has today issued a global alert to its 188 member countries following the request of Pakistan’s Minister of the Interior, and its own determination, that if the proposed Koran burning by a pastor in the US goes ahead as planned, there is a strong likelihood that violent attacks on innocent people would follow.

Minister Rehman Malik personally contacted INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble to engage the world police body’s assistance in warning law enforcement of the increased terrorist threat if plans reported by the media to burn the holy book were carri
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is not good one bit.
If they burn the quran, which I peronally dont care one bit about, could this be the Spark to the WW3 ?

If muslims start blowing up people all over the world, the world will strike back...

It also makes me think of the NWO's plan of setting the Religions up against eachother for their own purpose..

Your thoughts on this guys ???

www.interpol.int
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/9/2010 by ChemBreather because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Unbelievable. So who controls who?

If we pass on freedom today what kind of threat will we yield to the next time?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Unbelievable. So who controls who?

If we pass on freedom today what kind of threat will we yield to the next time?

Exactly, your damned if you do and damned if you dont..

The general rule is : Never back down for threats or terrorism.
If he backs down, he gave in to external forces and if he burnes it, they will/might retaliate..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If someone wants to burn a book or a holy book what ever the case may be, then that is his own right to do so. I myself have no reservation as to who burns or says what about anything or anyone. However, if the radicals decide to once again show their uneducated and not to mention illiterate followers to murder and create confusion, then i guess the time that has been spent over a decade gathering intelligence on particular members, is going to be put to good use and well overdue.

Lets face it, Muslims are no different to Christians or Buddhists , or the other hundreds of religions across the globe. It's high time many need to comes to terms with that, when playing in the major leagues then your in for the whole 9 yards.

edit: Buddhists

edit on 9-9-2010 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Agreed. The real issue should be the threat to American citizens for exercising their right to freedom of expression. Threatening to kill people is a crime where the latter is not.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It is simply amazing that a small church with 50 members could cause such a worldwide problem. Ignoring them would be the best thing to do. Who cares what this small group does? Interpol is just adding to the problem by giving them even more publicity. They are making it seem like thousands of Americans are participating in this.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think it's a wake up call to all of us that a group of 50 people can, with intention alone (at this point), ignite the world. Imagine what we as a people could do to change the current trajectory of local, national and world affairs if we could band together in this way and stand up for what we believe in like this pastor has.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I agree, if we don't burn the books and bow down to INTERPOL then what’s next? They'll tell us to not protest because it could cause the terror level to rise from orange to blood red. If we do burn the books and directly cause an increase in violence around the world we are screwed too.

If carried out this will be played all over the Islamic news channels to stereotype Americans as Christians and prove to their population that we are truly in a Jihad or Holy War against them. This is just trying to incite rage in the Middle East, mainly Iran, to get them to do something stupid so we have a real reason to start another war.

What I don't get is why Islam cares so much about us burning their holy book? Maybe, most of them don't really care at all and the MSM to make it seem as if they are all extremists and will be extremely pissed at us in order to stereotype every Muslim in one group... They are all terrorist bad guys now. I am sure most of them could care less about us burning books on this side of the Earth. I bet they are against it and are sicken by it, but they would never kill anyone over it. Does the Vatican condemn every burning of the bible and promise violence and destruction? How many times in movies or T.V. shows have you seen people tear out pages of the bible and smoke them? We don't make that big of deal over it, or threaten to kill someone. I don't think the majority of Muslims would either.

If Rev. Terry Jones and MSM are going to group all Muslims together as the "bad guys," then we must group the people that fund radical Islam together. Rev. Terry Jones is funding the “bad guys” by buying all those Korans in order to burn them.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I enjoyed reading your reply. As you so clearly pointed out, that Hollywood does have a fixation on bible or demonic movies that are well accepted across the world. What is funny, is that these so called leaders who encourage such behavior also enjoy watching those movies themselves and then pointing out to the not so educated " see how evil they are" thus fueling the hatred to anything other than their religion. Once again i stress that sadly those who do carry out those suicide attacks have an education level equal to that of a 5 year old. As i write this reply the phrase " bomb them back to the stone age " does trigger some happy thoughts.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
It is simply amazing that a small church with 50 members could cause such a worldwide problem. Ignoring them would be the best thing to do. Who cares what this small group does? Interpol is just adding to the problem by giving them even more publicity. They are making it seem like thousands of Americans are participating in this.

This is exactly the point. The main instigator is not the pastor, its the media, and the military who are giving the burning power and significance.

They all realise that this would have passed off as a non event had they not made it into such an issue. I still dont quite understand why they are not covering all the other people who are threatening to also burn the quran on the same day because if the pastor backs down, lots of others will carry out the threat......hmmmm

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If the news wasnt covering this, it would go by almost unnoticed. They have made it into an international issue. Besides, whatever actions are taken as a reult of this "offense" are the responsibility of those people performing the actions. the blame cannot be shifted to this man, even if I disagree with what he is doing. It's his right.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OK I have tried to IGNORE this issue as I think everyone should have from the begining, but this new release has me concerned. If there is a terror event will the church be held accountable? Is this the opportunity, the window 'they' have been waiting for?

It would really suck to be one of the 3 letters right now trying to decipher the intel on this one!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The Nazi book burnings were a campaign conducted by the authorities of Nazi Germany to ceremonially burn all books in Germany which did not correspond with Nazi ideology.

On April 6, 1933, the Main Office for Press and Propaganda of the German Student Association (Deutsche Studentenschaft) proclaimed a nationwide "Action against the Un-German Spirit", which was to climax in a literary purge or "cleansing" ("Säuberung") by fire. Local chapters were to supply the press with releases and commissioned articles, sponsor well-known Nazi figures to speak at public gatherings, and negotiate for radio broadcast time. On April 8 the students association also drafted the Twelve Theses which deliberately evoked Martin Luther and the historic burning of "Un-German" books at the Wartburg festival on the 300th anniversary of the posting of Luther's Theses. The theses called for a "pure" national language and culture. Placards publicized the theses, which attacked "Jewish intellectualism", asserted the need to "purify" German language and literature, and demanded that universities be centers of German nationalism. The students described the "action" as a response to a worldwide Jewish "smear campaign" against Germany and an affirmation of traditional German values.

In a symbolic act of ominous significance, on May 10, 1933 the students burned upwards of 25,000 volumes of "un-German" books, presaging an era of state censorship and control of culture. On the night of May 10, in most university towns, nationalist students marched in torchlight parades "against the un-German spirit." The scripted rituals called for high Nazi officials, professors, rectors, and student leaders to address the participants and spectators. At the meeting places, students threw the pillaged and unwanted books into the bonfires with great joyous ceremony, band-playing, songs, "fire oaths," and incantations. In Berlin, some 40,000 people gathered in the Opernplatz to hear Joseph Goebbels deliver a fiery address: “No to decadence and moral corruption!” Goebbels enjoined the crowd. “Yes to decency and morality in family and state! I consign to the flames the writings of Heinrich Mann, Ernst Gläser, Erich Kästner.”

en.wikipedia.org...

So as I see what is the difference between that mass media display and this one? It is the same mentality.
And yet just like before the msm wouldnt miss a moment of this circus act.

edit on 9-9-2010 by antar because: Edit for proper Ex tagging

CX

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I really don't understand how this is being played out?

They are taking this that seriously that they are issueing a global terror alert, so they realise the consequences of the book burning going ahead. Yet nobody from the authorities have lifted this guy yet.

If someone were to say that on a certain day they were going to blow up the holiest Islamic shrine, knowing that the consequences would be dire, they would be arrested in a split second.

Whats the difference? When it comes to a holy book, burning one can have the same effect as blowing a sacred place up.

I know theres the issue of arresting someone for something they haven't done yet, but when there is so much at stake, i think he should be locked up for the safety of others. Yes i know many others have done this, but IMO society has no place for these people, whether they be from the church, the forces or just ordinary members of public.

CX.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Terry Jones, I refuse to use the word Pastor, is a fundamentalists of the most extreme nature. He is doing this for publicity - probably to attract more lunatics to his asylum. Mr Jones seems to forget his fellow citizens have the right to freedom to religion and assembly - even though their Mosques are routinely attacked in the United States (see the lastest FBI figures) American is a secular republic, not a nation exclusive to Christianity.

If fundamentalists burn the Qu'ran, what's next? Mosques, homes? Jewish centers were targeted in the 80s and early 90s due to the resurgence of the Klu Klux Klan. You think these people will stop at burning a book, when Terry Jones concluded Islam and Muslims are the work of Satan?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
These people planning the burning don't care if their actions cause increased terrorism and warfare. I'm sure they're part of the "end times prophesy" crowd, and maybe they figure that what they're doing is just helping God speed up the process of terminally igniting the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

If someone were to say that on a certain day they were going to blow up the holiest Islamic shrine, knowing that the consequences would be dire, they would be arrested in a split second.

Whats the difference?

The difference is the pastor is not breaking any law, he is not committing criminal damage, he is not hurting anyone. If is merely making a harmless choice. The response of any muslims is also just choice. This is not something you can either legislate on or act on.

You cannot 'act' on someone just because someone else is choosing to take their actions a certain way.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

TPTB have got to be loving this (as in, opportunity is knocking...) what better way to continue to divide and conquer the peoples of different countries/religions, huh? They just sit back and watch us do ourselves what they would be accused of "false flagging" otherwise. Unbelievable (well, not really). People still have not learned anything from history...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All in all the only thing accomplished so far is Obama making the country look weak in the eyes of the world. This man hasn'teven srtruck a match, and he's already accomplished the goal of inflaming people still living in the 12th century the world over..............he may be an idiot, but what he's doing is protected. Maybe Obama could use this as a teaching moment, and not one of cowering on the world stage. If the government didn't want this to happen, it wouldn't have........he controls the media, and one of the alphabet agencies could have handled this...of course while denying him his rights, but none the less, we wouldn't look like we do now on the world stage. Another EPIC fail for Obama and his hope......but right on on change, the wussifiction of America continues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join