It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tri-C students recruited to fill the seats for Obama's appearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I knew this rally to good to be true because Obama has lost his luster in my neck of the woods here in Ohio.

Too Funny!!

With less than an hour before President Obama's scheduled speech, 75 seats remained empty in the recreation center at Cuyahoga Community College's Western Campus.

So organizers went around campus and recruited more students to fill the seats.

Student Jennifer Rahal, of Parma Heights, whose class was canceled today, was working on her art work in the coffee shop in the basement of the building when the call went out for more guests.

After dropping off their stuff at a bag check, the newly invited guests cleared security and filed into the gym.

www.cleveland.com...

Actually, I am kind of surprised that Obama doesn't just fly in his fan club from rally to rally. Watching all of the smiles and heads nodding in joyous agreement reminds of an infomercial crowd for Ronco's Showtime Oven.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It isn't the first time I have heard of something like this. I have actually seen union notices asking their members to attend Obama and ObamaCare rallys. Some of the notices mentioned paying the members to attend. I know of several people who took vacation days to do this and get two checks.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Actually, I am kind of surprised that Obama doesn't just fly in his fan club from rally to rally. Watching all of the smiles and heads nodding in joyous agreement reminds of an infomercial crowd for Ronco's Showtime Oven.

I'm surprised, as well, since these elitists no doubt think the rest of us are too stupid to notice that the same people would be in every picture and video of the events.

The next step down for obama will be when - like in the movie Real Genius - people just leave their audio and video recorders on the seats to record the event, but don't actually show up themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Really?

This is a politics wide event, even extends to other countires.

I have seen many requests for students to attend Liberal (Canada) puplicity events, in Alberta anyways, some even going so far as to grant you bonus marks in certain areas...political sciences, economics, etc. (depends on what the meeting is about).

It's just used so that the cameras can record a full room.

Nothing new, and nothing Obama specific

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
This is a politics wide event, even extends to other countires.

This goes beyond politics as well. Sports arenas and concert venues regularly release unsold tickets the same day as the event for a fraction of the price so they can claim a "sell-out".

Seriously, if you're viewing any political rally, regardless of affiliation, as anything other than entertainment and brainwashing for the sheeple, you're deluding yourself.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Ohio is a hot bed state in the coming midterm election and Obama wants to maintain the appearance that he has the support of Ohio and the unions. Big problem for Obama is that his union base is suffering greatly in NE Ohio.

Obama's ego is to large to let a room go unfilled. If this particular speech was just a run of the mill address I could see your point. But, this event was a campaign stump hence the finger pointing and blame game antics. An empty venue would be a glaring indicator of his slipping poll numbers and of the fact that Dems seeking reelection are beginning to distance themselves from him.

Obama is morphing into a political pariah.

top topics

join