It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 18, 2005 - My near death experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are several things that may, or may not, be taken from this thread. Hopefully this goes over well. This is my first thread!

On Sunday, September 18, 2005 at 7:32 in the morning, I was in a single vehicle car accident.

On Saturday September 17, 2005 I attended poker night at a friend's house. We live out in the country and we're apt to doing things like - having large get together's at one another's houses. At that time we were doing once a month poker parties. I say were because #1 that was the last poker night and #2 the person who hosted the majority of the parties decided we were no longer friends after my accident. Either way - I spent that Saturday evening drinking (crown and diet coke) and playing cards. At the party with me were my 3 year old son and my boyfriend. At some point in the evening I realized that I needed to take my son to my sister's house. (Intuition?) My sister only lived about ten miles from the house we were partying, so I dropped him off and went back for more drinking and playing cards. At around 2:00 a.m. everyone was either leaving or eating. The rest of us were gathering around the kitchen table, done with card games for the night. Here we sat, eating, smoking cigarettes, and talking until the sun came up. As far as I can remember we were all done drinking not long after 3:00 a.m. When the morning sun came through the blinds we all decided it was finally time to go home. I went out to my car, kissed my boyfriend and told him I was going to pick up Trey, my son, and for him to meet me at my apartment. The last thing I truly remember clearly is getting in my car and backing out of the driveway.

After that what I know as fact comes from the police report filled out by the state trooper who was first on the scene. Apparently I came to a curve in the road, kept going straight off of the road, over corrected to get back onto the road, went straight across the road and ran into a tree.

All at a speed of about 25 - 30 mph. I was not wearing my seatbelt. When I impacted the tree I was discharged through windshield and thrown about 30 feet.

Luck was on my side for many reasons that morning, the first being that the person's property where this was all going down just happened to be outside on his front porch and was able to call 911 right away. As I said before the last thing I remember clearly was backing out of the driveway. The next thing I remember is seeing my dad.
My dad died June 3, 2002. But on that morning he was clearly there. I'm not exactly sure that I was floating up, it felt more like hanging in oblivion but the light around me was changing. It was shimmering. My dad was above me and he was glowing. I will never be able to find the right adjectives to describe the gold or the glow that surrounded him. I know he looked so peaceful and for lack of a better word - angelic. He looked like he did when I was around 4 or 5 years old. With the longish late 70's early 80's hairdo. He gently shoved me down and said "not now little one, we need you here." He had always called me little one.

After that the very first thought in my head was that I was being abducted by aliens! Turns out that the sound of the chopper blades and the EMT's cutting away my clothes invoked that image.
Another thing that turned out lucky for me is my proximity to a big city with an excellent medical center. When the state trooper arrived on the scene he reported that he could not find a pulse. The EMS report as they first arrived was the same plus very low blood pressure. I think that for a period of time there I was a goner. I know that the Life Flight trauma team saved my life - brought me back to life.
I was in the ICU at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston for exactly 30 days before being moved to shock trauma, and eventually rehabilitation. All in all I was in the hospital 7 weeks.
I had a collapsed lung, lacerated liver, ruptured spleen, right femur fracture, left tibial fracture, shattered left ankle, fractures of vertbrae's T3 - T7, lateral body fracture C2 (neck), fractured right scapula, fractured left ribs 2-11 (hurt the worst), and my right scapula (shoulder) was torn open to the bone and was so badly shattered and damaged that it was a miracle that I didn't lose the whole arm. Over the course of those first two weeks I had 7 surgeries to put in rods, screws, and skin grafts to cover up the gaping hole in my back.

When I woke up in ICU, not sure what day it was but I was no longer intubated, I remember seeing both of my brothers standing above me, and I told them "I saw dad." That's my first memory of talking after the accident.
When I finally went home I was in a wheelchair and neck brace. My 3 year-old son wouldn't come near me. It took him a few days and finally he crawled up on my bed and tapped my neck brace and said it was scary.
Am I more spiritual or closer to God after my experience? I think so, but it wasn't immediate. I think I have a better understanding now, because to me - clearly there is an afterlife. My dad wasn't a spiritual man. We didn't go to church. He was often drunk and mean. He was college educated and a hard worker, but not someone I would describe as a Christian. So by seeing him and the overwhelming look of peace and love that he represented and emitted - I believe there is a place that is heaven. I think that our soul does go on to exist somewhere else.

The following picture is one of my son that was taken right before I got out of the hospital. He was at a friends house playing with her daughter. I included this for obvious reasons. That being the anomaly that some would call an angel or spirit caught on camera. I would have to say I am pretty skeptical about those things. I mean it could totally just be the camera, the film, the lighting, etc. When I was first given the picture I asked to see the rest of the pictures from that roll, this was the only picture that came out this way. It was also the only picture my son was in, so maybe there is something to it.. I know it was a traumatic time in our lives. Maybe it's my dad watching over him for me. I will never know, but would love to hear other opinions.

Thanks for reading my story. It took some time to get the courage to post, (who wants to open themselves up to criticism?) and it may just fall to the wayside. Either way, thanks for reading..

edit on 9-9-2010 by christine76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2010 by christine76 because: To try and get my pictures smaller..

edit on 9-9-2010 by christine76 because: Picture size.. (sigh)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What an amazing story, and so well written. Thank you so much for having the courage to share it with the world. I know it's not easy opening yourself up like that. Good on you for having the strength to share it with us.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thank you, It's because of you and your thread!
Now, how do I get my pictures smaller???

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I will launch photoshop and resize the images for you. I'll send them via private message so you can edit the opening post with the resized images. 550 pixels is about the max width limit.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I should really have that down.
Now to work on my avatar.. Lol..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by christine76
The next thing I remember is seeing my dad.
My dad died June 3, 2002. But on that morning he was clearly there. I'm not exactly sure that I was floating up, it felt more like hanging in oblivion but the light around me was changing. It was shimmering. My dad was above me and he was glowing.

christine I was reading over your experience again and I have a couple questions. Did the light around you come from a single source? Is it possible your father was floating in front of the source of light making it seem like he was glowing when it was really the tunnel of light emanating from behind him? btw- I know exactly what you mean by shimmering light, gives me chills thinking about it....such a beautiful sight...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately, and I do not mean to demean you, but what you experienced is no different than what you would experience whilst dreaming or under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs. This is something that has been demonstrated repeatedly
Here's some info

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I don't see how anyone can "prove" what happens to someone when they are at or near death - unless they go through it themselves. Nevertheless, I will look at your link. Although I have already read things such as pupil constriction to explain the white light, and the brain dying to explain seeing loved ones and the such. But how can you explain so many people with the same experience? Not only that, but there are also many accounts from people who have the "other" experience. The NDE that is Hell-ish. Not everything can be explained by science - my opinion, of course.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, and I agree with you that there is something beyond what we see and feel.

The most important lesson to be learned from your post, though, is that drinking and driving is not a good idea, and always wear your seat belt! I'm glad that you're okay, but from those pictures, it's obvious that you were not far from being "not okay."

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I do think the light was behind him. I don't really remember the feeling of floating "up", but I very vividly recall the sense of gently being pushed down. There were different degrees or variations of that brightness, but the real gold, I hate to say gold because it was so much more than that, surrounded my dads face - if you can call it that. It was obviously not his actual face, but that is how I related it to being him. What if it was his soul, which I knew so I automatically generated his face to him, since I was still in limbo and not actually moving on? Wow, did that make sense? Either way there was also a void around me and it was definitely white. I would compare it to the dark matter in space, where there is black space, I have that same feeling about the memory - it was white space. But like you have pointed out the brilliance was definitely behind my dad. So do you think he was coming through the tunnel? I always kind of wondered about that since I never saw a tunnel and so many people talk about it in their own NDE's. Every since I started this I think about my memory much more deeply than I ever really have before. It gives me a lot peace -despite what anyone says or tries to disprove. I experienced it and that cannot be taken away..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Thanks, and that is exactly why I included the whole story without leaving out all of the bad decisions that led up to the actual NDE. I didn't feel like I could just say "I was in a car accident and had a near death experience" because it was more than that.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76But like you have pointed out the brilliandefinitely behind my ce was dad. So do you think he was coming through the tunnel?

I was trying to imagine your experience in my mind and that was my first thought..that he came through the same tunnel of light that he was blocking you from entering because it wasn't your time or because you needed to come back to share the experience.

Originally posted by christine76It gives me a lot peace -despite what anyone says or tries to disprove. I experienced it and that cannot be taken away..

It was your experience meant for you and you alone. It's your responsibility to share the story when you can. Don't worry about others interpretation of YOUR experience. I don't even address them anymore, it's okay that they don't understand, those that are meant to will.

top topics

join