It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 16 dead in Russian republic after suicide car bombing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

At least 16 dead in Russian republic after suicide car bombing

edition.cnn.com

Moscow, Russia (CNN) -- A car bomb exploded in the Russian republic of North Ossetia on Thursday, killing at least 16 people -- including an 18-month-old baby -- and wounding up to 112 others, government and local health officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Suicide Attack Kills 3 Soldiers in South Russia
Radical Islam is world's greatest threat - Tony Blair

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well it seems to be heating up in Russia, this now the second attack in less than two weeks and the third for the year that we know of, Noone has claimed responcibilty yet.

I have a feeling that this situation will only get worse. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and the surviving families.This was a pretty dastardly despicable act.

I hope the Russians find those who are responsible and they die from lead poisoning.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: to mash the keyboard some more with my hairy knuckles to correct a typo

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well the death toll is up to 17 now. Here is a follow up story.

Top Caucasus official says police on trail of Vladikavkaz bombers

The bomber was identified as a man named Archiyev, and the car owner has been detained.

The bombing is the latest in a series of terrorist attacks that have rocked the troubled North Caucasus in recent weeks, including a suicide attack on a military camp in Dagestan.

"There are leads going to people involved in this incident," Alexander Khloponin said.

President Dmitry Medvedev said the culprits will be punished.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
On top of the latest and (un)greatest as usual slayer.

Prayers go out to all those involved and affected as usual. I do not care who is right, who is wrong, what side of any line you stand on, acts like this are as cowardly, evil and despicable as they get.

I find myself in the same state of mind that I have been in many times before. If the suicide bomber could see the death, the destruction, the dead infant, would they do it again? When will morons learn that not only are you killing civilians, brothers and sisters, but you only embolden your enemy's resolve with acts like this?

For every bomb that explodes in a public place, you have recruited thousands of enemies.

Things are definitely heating up in Russia though, which is always concerning. As far as international relations are concerned, Russia is usually good about taking care of themselves, but their tactics can be down right ruthless. I'm on campus and in between classes, I'll certainly be back to comment later once I've had time to digest the details.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
HI Slayer.
Things are looking bad over there at the moment.
I saw this on RT,a nasty and pointless attack on people going to buy food.
Totally sick.

They only just observed the anniversary of the horror at Beslan last week near to that area.

Maybe the checens have re grouped and wish to get revenge for what russia did to them or something.
If its this bad now-God help those folks if Putin gets re elected(which we can say is pretty much a certainty).
The Checens hate Putin,and he pretty much hates them too IMO.

More violence

edit on 9/9/2010 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Clearly nowhere is safe, and we are at war against terrorism, and all those cater to the belief that it is alright to blow up, maim, and kill innocent people in order to pursue one's political agenda.

We are fighting a world war against those who seek to force their political and religious beliefs upon the world at any cost.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

How do you know this has anything to do with religion? I would lean more toward politics, considering the location.

edit on 9-9-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Good point.
We don't know exactly the why and who yet. However there was a very recent attack carried out by religious extremists just last week. So are they linked? That still has to be determined.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
HI Slayer.

If its this bad now-God help those folks if Putin gets re elected(which we can say is pretty much a certainty).
The Checens hate Putin,and he pretty much hates them too IMO.

When I read that I was about to reply with....Reelected?
If Putin decides for sure that he wants the office he'll have the office!
No reelection about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Very true,Medeved will be out in 2012 and superputin will be back in the saddle(like he ever really left).

On todays event This from RT:

As the deadly blast hit Russia’s city of Vladikavkaz, Muscovites were mourning the victims of the terror attack that struck the capital 11 years ago.
Back on September 9, 1999, a powerful blast destroyed an apartment block on Guryanova Street located to the south-east of Moscow, killing 92 people and injuring 264, among them 86 children.

rt.com...

That attack I think was blamed on Chechens,so maybe this is they,doing an anniversary attack.
Horrible whoever did it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Politics and religion go hand in hand. Terrorism is about forcing one's beliefs on others.

Either they get their way, or they will anonymously and indiscreetly kill others.

Religion deals in absolutes where there is no compromise, and that is why almost all terrorist acts are carried out be religious nutcases.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the cnn article does not point to anyone in particular except the owner of the car, so it is open to interpretation.
I will go with religious fanatics with a political interest serving on the side.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Is that for here or to go?
Would you like some Fries with that?

The waiting game to find out if somebody will claim responsibility is what gets me sometimes in these situations.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Russia seems to have more terrorist problems then the US, has ever had. One of their schools gets taking out a few years back and now car bombs. Car bombs (while not exclusively) are calling cards of Radical Islam. Russia has seen its series of car bombs over the past decade.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I wonder if this will stir the Russians up enough to be a bit more cooperative in certain global issues?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
government psi-op, i guarantee

but which government? and is this just the beginning?

today is a very special day in the mayan calender, well just my observations of it, i'd post a thread about this but i can't post new threads yet, anyways

Sept 9 2010 (today) is 19 mol in the Haab calender, the same as Sept 11 2001

it is also the 2 Cimi (kee'mee) in the Tzolkin, meaning Death, World Bringer, Opportunity, Resolution, this is the same day sign and the same wave (the 2 represents the second day of the 13 cycle within the 20 day signs) as Columbine

obviously Columbine, Waco, the OKC bombing where all psi-ops/blood sacrifices to moloch, but when you look into both the haab and tzolkin and apply them to the date of psi-ops/natural disasters/big events then they start to make more sense, i completly forgot about vtec massacre, but check the date and the corresponding mayan dates, for me thats when it really sunk in how are government is using a completely different time concept to control us

try it fo yourselves, i may well start a thread on this when i have the ability and the time, but long and the short of it, today is the same day as columbine in the tzolkin, the same day as the Twin Towers in the haab, the day of the 6 epochs (may be wrong going by memory) meaning our bodies are in sync with the earth/universe and are able to accept change, and is also the second wave of the 13 day cycle.

day 1 is setting your goal, days 2-5 prepare and gather the resources needed to manifest that goal, days 6-11 is the action and completion stages, with day 13 used to reflect and prepare for the next cycle

today is the 2 of 13 days but also marks the start of the so called black or magic days, strange times are instore, i think today is gonna mark the beginning of exceptional events that will shape things in the very near future, look for yourselves in the tzolkin, and you will see the magic/black/portal days ahead

edit on 9-9-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I completely disagree with your last statement. Over the past 10-15 years terrorist attacks have often been carried out by religious extremists (within the US and Middle East). However looking at a history of Europe in the 20th century, we can see that most terrorism was based on politics and right/left ideology, not religion.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is a brief but informative link. It pretty much covers all religions.

Religious Terrorism

The world's great religions all have both peaceful and violent messages from which believers can choose. Religious terrorists and violent extremists share the decision to interpret religion to justify violence, whether they are Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, or Sikh.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I wouldn’t think so, I think there more inclined to deal with their own garbage then jump into the US war on Terror Fray. Although they may be helping out behind the scenes, With Intel sharing, But then again who knows.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join