It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's want list of patients using painkillers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The sad reality is that everyone gets lumped together. Pharmacists are the gatekeepers, and they should be. I personally know several people with legitimate problems who sell their pain meds, and it makes me sick. It is a real, documented scientific fact that those with severe chronic pain problems have more heart attacks and strokes, more successful suicides, more depression and terrible sleep problems. Some would still deny these people adaquate pain medicine. I have needed a total knee replacement for at least 15 years, I have arthritis and torn cartilage in my other knee, I have two herniated discs in my neck with radiating pain into both arms and hands. I have two more herniated discs in my low back, with radiation into both legs and feet. I have rotator cuff tears in both shoulders with acromio-clavicular impingement syndrome and bilateral partial frozen shoulders. I have diabetic neuropathy in all four extremeties. I get 15 Lorcet 10s a month and I have to sign a contract with my Doc to get them. They work, but they don't last very long, maybe a week. I am relieved to just have some temporary relief. My wife has equal or worse problems from rheumatoid arthritis. She's had to have 4 very major surgeries in the last two years as a result, and in the last 6 years she's broken at least 11 bones and had two total knee replacements, not to mention three plates and 32 (!) screws put in. There is no way average people can comprehend these kinds of chronic pain problems. The DEA is just doing their job, I understand this, but they are lumping us all together, and that is wrong!

edit on 9/11/2010 by deadred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How about they just arrest those who are doing the selling? They could also arrest the junkies who are high on whatever is their drug of choice.

Had to use vicodin after surgery. What on earth does anyone like about it? Made me crazy and a pacing fool on it. However, the pain was unbearable and I stopped as soon as I could.

So many people suffer from chronic pain and need something stronger than advil. They should not have to worry about getting arrested as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The strangle hold which the goverment puts on our lives from birth to the grave is getting progressively tighter.
I too suffer from chronic pain.....My doctor just took another job somewhere else....
I have been looking for another family doctor for myself.(i am sixty five soon)
The doctors who advertise that they are taking new patients, quickly reject me when i tell them what drugs i am prescroibed.
So far not one has accepted me as a full time patient.
My meds go back ten and more years for serious injuries, and the aftermath, of such.....
I am not seeking to obtain a larger quantity, nor do i wish to get stronger pills.
I just need a doctor to take me on as a patient who has the ability to proscribe the type of pain meds i need.
Ive been looking for a year or so now and my perscription runs dry in three more months....
At this raate i may not even have a doctor by that time to proscribe anything.....
We chronic sufferers not only have to deal with the pain(which brings depression to most.....even suicidal thoughts to many)
we have to accept some kind of social stigma that demeans us as human beings because we take opiates under a doctors care......eeeeww pill junkies!
No matter where i go i have seen this happening.
Its as if one is suddenly somethng less than they were the instant before its known you are a cronic pain guy.
This is aparent immediately in any strange doctors office you visit.
On top of this indignity, now the cops want to come by to check to see if we still have the proper amount of pills we should have left on any given day?
thats where this is headed make no mistake.....its so much more efficient for the cops...dont you think?
Whatll the neighbours say when they pull up?
Oh heres the cops to count old man Clagstroms morphines again...look martha !
This is just another prelude to cameras in every room(so we can catch em in the act....)
a cop n every corner, and prisons bursting at the seams with social degenerates that are waiting for the ovens....

edit on 2-10-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join