It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a Farce?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Oh! How could I be so stupid....

I get your game...pushing what you think to be the most important topic to the recent posts page....

Ok...you win...

But to satisfy your question, the stigma I was speaking of was the "lazy druggie" that accompanies recreational and medical users.

Good plan you had there though.

But your questions were answered.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by matt4GA
then why make it members only?

So that ATS isn't blacklisted as an "Adult" site from public places such as libraries and workplaces that utilize nanny-filters.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I wasn't discussing illegal activities. And who cares if some yahoo said that, why couldn't he be temp banned until he got hold of his wit? See I really don't understand that because a FEW mess things up everyone is punished? Another conspiracy if you ask me...

Well those "yahoo's" almost never change when it comes to those topics. I have seen it on various forums where topics like this come up. They are warned or banned or suspended and then they come right back and do it again.

There are a lot of things in this world where a "select few" ruin it for the rest of us.

If these things were discussed freely like some want to do then ATS would be blocked at various places.. I like that I can have a conversation with someone on such controversial topics and there are T&C to go by so the discussion stays on topic and remains civil. There are other sites I frequent where I wish the would be more strict on certain things. It just ruins the site when it's all trash talk and BS. Makes it even harder to weed thru the crap to find the gold threads

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Excellent question! Don't apologise for asking it.

We should always question all sources of information. There are plenty of people with an agenda on this site. As always, we should try to discern the truth for ourselves; but this is not an easy task.

Don't let your emotions get in the way is a good start; something some of the responders to your thread could do with learning!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

then why make it members only? And do you honestly think I'm not a long time lurker? I just came from the dirt buddy. And it's not my thread I google searched it and found out the topic was already here so I posted there. Is that a crime!?? j.k I know it isn't...

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I think you are NOT a long time lurker, at all! Why? Because you posted this thread...the same thread posted hundreds of times before your ten day adventure here.

Also because you posted this thread over something silly that you would already know the truth to if you actually were a long time lurker.

You seem to me to be the kind of cat who just can't say "oh...sorry, I was wrong and out of line"...try it...it works wonders with the staff and owners....but you need to mean it. Take me word on that.

LASTLY, why is that forum not public? Well gee mr long time lurker, if you were a lurker for any time over a few months, you would surly know that before a handful of weeks ago, the topic of "drug use" was NOT ALLOWED on ATS, and was an instant account ban on those who didn't observe the rule.

Now why? GEE! I DUNNO...it may have something to do with many of ATS' members (not all) having a HUGE problem with the subject of drugs...Like me...

But, after many years of consideration and hassle, and good reason, the drug-forum was opened. But with some rules...one- it won't be public, 2- n mentioning of personal use, recreational use, or legalizing drugs of any kind, 3-the drug forum will be highly moderated.

Going over your post myself, it seems you are just looking to write "yet another" sly post trying to advocate the legalization of marijuana...correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I'm sorry...but many of us do not want a happy-high-five-hippy-smoke-lounge on ATS...and some of us wish those types would keep that crap to themselves. For decency, for the youth who hang out here and for the fact that this site is not a place to lobby for getting "high".

Make sense to you YET!? Or are you just going to keep bumping this thread as if you don't understand where YOU MESSED UP, all the while defending your behavior as if you are in no wrong?

I find that to be tasteless...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was just trying to discuss... And its not my topic once again. I googled it and found it! Please stop bashing as I just posted there and it used to be on the recent posts section... I just found it odd they just all of sudden made it private.

P.S. Sorry for the long wait for the reply my internet cut out...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

then why make it members only?

So that ATS isn't blacklisted as an "Adult" site from public places such as libraries and workplaces that utilize nanny-filters.

yes, but to make it members only only because I brought the topic back to life... I found it interesting.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Please point out what I did or said wrong, so I can kindly reply ASAP. And yes I do believe the prohibition of marijuana is a conspiracy is there a problem with that? Am I not allowed to have differing opinions?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Last post not trying to bump, but I'd like to personally thank the site owner "SkepticOverlord" for being open minded. Thank You for letting us discuss this like "adults".

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add: Greatly Appreciate your forum space, time, money, etc.... Really I also find a lot of useful info here as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I wasn't discussing illegal activities.

Good for you.

And who cares if some yahoo said that

If you're serious about the subjects in that forum, then you should. The main benefit of discourse is that it can enlighten people, and help to influence public opinion. If you don't see how having to wade through pages upon pages of "Bill and Ted's" Friday night may discredit, or turn people away from valuable threads, then you might need to re-access the situation.

why couldn't he be temp banned until he got hold of his wit?

It's been done countless times before. Ironically, often when they come back they start a thread with some crazy title like "ATS a Farce?", and vent about how their right to fee speech has been trampled upon instead of taking responsibility for the fact that they broke the T&Cs.

Mods here have a tough enough time trying to help the thousands of members here, and really got tired of having to constantly deal with such careless posters. They'd rather be helping members instead of banning.

See I really don't understand that because a FEW mess things up everyone is punished? Another conspiracy if you ask me...

And there's the crux of it. Finally (it's still a relatively new forum) having a forum to discuss such conspiracies in a mature manner is not punishment. For a long time such topics had to be trash binned because mods had a hard time keeping up with all the rubbish/off-topic discussion. Members fought for a place to be allowed to responsibly evaluate substance related conspiracies.... and were rewarded with the new "members only" forum, not punished.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I was just trying to discuss... And its not my topic once again. I googled it and found it! Please stop bashing as I just posted there and it used to be on the recent posts section... I just found it odd they just all of sudden made it private.

P.S. Sorry for the long wait for the reply my internet cut out...

The drug forum has been private since its first day being born.

Oh, am I bashing? I'm sorry...at least I didn't call you a farce right?

I'm not bashing you...I watching you explain away all these reasons why you were not wrong or out of line. Fact remains, nobody should need this many explanations to understand a simple thing...surly not when they are a "long time lurker" as you say.

You say you are a long time lurker, but then add you found this thread in question by googling the topic? Weird...users of this site normally find threads here by actually using the site...

Also- as far as I know, all drug forum threads do not show up on google...as in, they are private to search engines...I may be wrong...but if I am not, then your claim looks as silly as your claim that ATS may be a farce due to your post not being bumped in the recent posts section...

Not impressed...I'm done here...too smoky, too dull, too ignorant and without a base.

Good day sir.

ps- Try to learn a little about the site before you go kicking it in the private forum.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Please point out what I did or said wrong, so I can kindly reply ASAP. And yes I do believe the prohibition of marijuana is a conspiracy is there a problem with that? Am I not allowed to have differing opinions?

You can have that opinion, nobody said you couldn't. I think it's the way you approached it. If you want to discuss those topics, there is a forum for it and as long as you follow the rules for that forum you will be fine.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

yes, but to make it members only only because I brought the topic back to life... I found it interesting.

A little full of yourself?

It wasn't made members only because you brought the topic back to life. It was a thread that predates the creation of the new forum, and was moved to it's proper place now that the place exists.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Someone saying how good stuff looks makes others want to do it... Man sounds like the gateway drug theory...

So do you think I need to be banned for making a topic with the title "ATS is a farce?"

I'm not talking about consuming drugs, come on now... no T&C being broken , I'm assuming as I feel I would have been warned already.

This all started because a thread was once public and then became members only very recently...

That is why I had the thoughts I had, Which I see as intelligent as everyone elses...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I almost want to do the photo thing, but I won't go there.

TOP RIGHT:: GOOGLE SEARCH BAR...

I don't want to quote either as I feel its excessive.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

A little full of yourself?

It wasn't made members only because you brought the topic back to life. It was a thread that predates the creation of the new forum, and was moved to it's proper place now that the place exists.

ok 2007 , I thought the T&C was enforced in 2005... Was it really that recent?

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: Edit to add: and no I'm not trying to be "full of myself"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I do believe the prohibition of marijuana is a conspiracy is there a problem with that?

Yeah a huge one...you just listened to everyone, including the owner of this site, tell you that that sort of rhetoric is not allowed here...

Yet you proceed to say this here?

Wow...now I understand why you are not "getting this".

Good day.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
LOL OK?

I'm not advocating it's use once again. I'm saying it's a conspiracy due to the fact many company's including Big Oil, Big Pharm, and Gov't's have a lot of money to lose if it was legalized... Have you ever tried to have an intelligent conversation on the subject?

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add: Rather than say "I'm not getting this"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Have you read SO thread about this?

READ HERE

If you have, go read it again and if you have a related conspiracy to discuss, discuss it in the proper forum.
This really isn't difficult to understand, right?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm trying to steer as far as way as possible why staying real to myself and real for everyone else. Once again I'm not advocating it's use. Im advocating the conspiracy of it be illegal. Just like alcohol prohibition. I honest to god don't care what you guys do in your spare time.

I'm just saying 70% of people in the US prison system are there for drug related offenses, That is wrong. Our prison system just feeds on the poor and helpless and then when they get out what do they have? Nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join