It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a Farce?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think to myself, Is ATS a "arm" for a political machine designed to keep us separate and confused?

With ATS's 12,000 active members is it really the place you want to be sharing info you feel is important to the world...

How many of those 12,000 members do you think are CIA/FBI/KGB/ETC??

I'm not sure if I trust ATS anymore and If this thread is deleted, It will just further my opinions and thoughts.

Why I'm writing this to you, Today I posted in the thread in my signature and noticed not once , but twice it wasn't moved towards the top of recent post's. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I feel it is, as it's now located in the "Master's forum".

Is ATS the master of manipulation in this new day and age. I mean what on ATS is really abovetopsecret. Not to bash or anything I find the community great, Just the people in charge seem to have their own agenda. Which to me is looking like it includes money and power, Sort of like our politicians that try to keep everything out of light.

I hope ATS staff will address this thread with an response, which just isn't the delete button.... Kinda feels where this is heading, Buried, as almost all important things are...

ATS I hope you are who you pretend to be.

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: added 2 ,'s

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I should not worry about it too much. Most people on these Boards don't really take half these conspiracies seriously and the "secret services" are probably laughing along. There's nothing secret or even worth manipulating, except possibly to make the paranoid a bit more paranoid. I think the secret services have more to keep themselves occupied than listening to yet another re-hashed conspiracy about 9/11, Mossad, Zionism or "it was the aliens that did it".

As the quote goes "Just because they really are out to get you doesn't mean you aren't paranoid".

Regards

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by matt4GA
Today I posted in the thread in my signature and noticed not once , but twice it wasn't moved towards the top of recent post's.

Because posts in that forum are not included in the recent posts summary.

Just the people in charge seem to have their own agenda. Which to me is looking like it includes money and power,

There's a long-list of ways by which a person could make much more money online than running a fringe-topics discussion venue.

Can you point to any administrative or management policy that was not directed toward improving one of these?
1) quality of content
2) easy by which anyone can participate
3) awareness of the content our members create

I find the community great

Then why have you created a thread that insults those who run it?

edit on 9-9-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: added an additional comment

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This thread will be deleted, but not because ATS is part of TPTB. It will be deleted because the exact same thread comes up every two weeks and has no merit. If ATS was part of TPTB, most of us would not be here, able to post. I am sure there are members who are part of intelligence agencies and agencies probably read stuff here. It does not mean that ATS is part of any conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You have been a member what less than a month and you already know everything about ATS.

There have been plenty of these silly threads lately. If you don't like the site and think these thing then why the hell do you come on it? Just to pass judgement on the members and the people who run it?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks "Site Owner" for your timely reply. Just give me a second to come up with some cogent thoughts... Please don't delete as I really feel this way...

Now I'm not sure who you are, but to me it seems like your only pro government info... It seems to me as anything that goes against the US government's thought process should be excluded from here...

How is that not one of the most important threads on this site.... Do you feel we don't have a drug war conspiracy happening right in front of our eyes...

With over 70% of people incarcerated for drug related crimes, Isn't it obvious the prison system is just a cash crop. I write this to you today w/ respect and an open mind. I just don't see how this wouldn't be talked about every day as I feel it's basically what's keeping our country in a wheelchair....

I'll read your post and make necessary changes... I hope you don't take this in a offensive way as I am just trying to clarify.

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: rewordage is needed , but edit to add: I like the community , why bash on me I'm just forming a thought (like everyone else) that might not be right.... I'm a people person ok?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The OP expressed his opinions in a valid way.

I don't see that he insulted anyone.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Your answers are right there in front of you.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
People worry about things like this way too much.

Who cares?

This is a fun place to post.

It's a fun place to read what other people post and share Questions and comments.

I'm not saying that there's nothing to worry about at all but whether or not TPTB have anything to do with ATS is not one of them.

Honestly, what is anyone doing here that could get them arrested or assassinated?

Who cares if they know that we know?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

How many of those 12,000 members do you think are CIA/FBI/KGB/ETC??

Answer 11,999.

I believe that this whole edifice has been assembled to influence me .

Yes , i am that important .

Now you will have to excuse me ....... i have some Gas-lighters to film .

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A farce?
No.

In fact I think(but do not know for certain)thatATS has helped "steer" topics of interest into the wider shpere of the dreaded MSM.
Not only alphabet people check out the site-jounos do as well I think,and sometimes stories which I first heard about on ATS end up on evening news.
Not saying all journos get their news from ATS,but I think some do check it out for juicy topics.

The mustang thread being a recent example.
And today even,the 911 demolition theory is being discussed by many more than fringe groups such as us ATSers.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

... the people in charge seem to have their own agenda. Which to me is looking like it includes money and power, Sort of like our politicians that try to keep everything out of light.

As a fairly long time member it looks to me like they do a lot of thankless hard work simply because they have a genuine passion about providing a free facility for people to discuss conspiracies and related stuff. Beleive me, it takes a lot of passion to run a big forum and build it up the way ATS has grown. Especially when so many people seem to join up simply to complain about it ......

Okay, so advertising revenue pays for the private jet, the penthouse suites and the scantily clad girls drenched in champagne .....
But that's not why they do it. Although it does help ease the pain!

link   
One thing i've noticed though, is that whenever a thread like this is made it often gets deleted.

Why is that?

link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I don't see that he insulted anyone.

Thread title: "ATS a Farce?"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You say "who cares" eh? Well I care. If I wanted slanted views, disinfo and opinions I'd watch CNN FOX MSNBC etc..

I just thought this would really be the place for open ended commentary and facts even if they weren't in their respective order to the US policy's.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hi Matt,

I respect your comments and questions but you joined 1 week ago. Welcome to ATS.

The point of my first line is to ask:

Did you have these doubts before you joined and if so why did you not just lurk till you felt comfortable joining?

Threads get deleted for numerous reasons and alot of them I dont know. But here we abide by their rules and not by our own.

There have been numerous threads on your questions and if you ask a moderator or fellow members they will help you find your answers.

Sorry if it comes across harsh but it feels to me a bit like getting on a roller coaster and then complaining that it moved.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Irish Matador because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

So you seem to be upset because the thread you think should be top isn't? Is that what I am understanding?

I agree yes it's an important topic but what is top on the boards is based on member participation in that thread.

Is this the reason you think the way you do about ATS?

Im curious because I think you should read ATS a little more because you don't seem to really get what ATS is about.

I have seen threads that are anti-government. They allow these topics as long as you follow the terms and conditions. Drug threads have a tendency to get turned into personal experiences and weekend chat about it and it gets derailed and as far as anti government stuff, well I think they are ok with it as long as it's not extreme and completely inappropriate. I like that they have rules like this, it keeps it much more civil to discuss topics like this compared to many other sites that let you say and do whatever you want.

link   
reply to post by matt4GA

So in the ten (10) days you have been a member, you think you have figured it all out? If you spend a bit more time here, you will see that the admins and mods actually give a damn about the members and content. Not many other forum sites can say that.
But if you doubt this, you are free to flee.

There is plenty of anti US threads here if that is bothering you. There are plenty of threads on just about every subject, looking from just about any side you can think of.
Farce?

edit on 9/9/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: I felt like it.

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Okay yes, fair point.

The OP's title could have been phrased differently.

I certainly don't think this site is a "farce."

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Site Owner please don't see my post as an insult... It isn't against you trust me... I just want anwsers, is that to much to ask?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join