It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why burn the Quran when you can...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why burn the Quran when you could burn thr PNAC or the 9/11 Comission Report?
It's sad to think that more Qurans will be burnt in one day, by Americans, than how many actually read the 9/11 Commission Report, or probably even heard of NIST. This whole GZ mosque, and "Lets burn the Koran" hoopla is all about taking the focus away, once again, from what was more likely the case back in 2001.
So have fun burning Qurans, even though just as many will be printed tomorrow. You actually consider the amount ov money TPTB are going to make from this burning, I mean with their publishing companies and everything. This accomplishes nothing.
So PLEASE, if you are going to pay them to waste your money, burn something that is a fallacy, or an insult to humanity.
Burn the 9/11 Commission Report.
Burn PNAC's "Rebuilding Americas Defenses."
Burn the NIST Report.

Wake up.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was wondering what was coming after that and hoping it wasnt going to be what I thought it might. However, you make a good point. The book burnings are pointless unless you looking for a reaction. So it might be a good idea to burn the 911 report!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

ha, what you think came after? I feel its bs. I feel a priest who thinks they are so close to god, is really comiting a grave "sin" here. I want to argue with him and drop him down a few pegs.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This was the goal of Al-Qaeda and we are letting them win. Let me explain.

I watched this documentary about Inside Al-Qaeda(?) and he said that for a decade prior to 9-11 he was studying Al-Qaeda. Apparently they told him that since they are too small to every take the US head on in any conflict that the only way for them to win is to make us (Americans) become more like them (Al-Qaeda). By this we would turn against Muslims, we would push aside everything we stood for and that would be the way of destroying us.

They said that if they can make America and Americans disregard their constitution and its guaranteed protections and privileges provided then they can change us. They can make us into them and no one would like us then. They also said that they wanted 3 places taken out; The Whitehouse(because they wanted Bush dead for what his father did), the Pentagon(because it is the place of war) and the Twin Towers(because of its financial importance). But they said above all that they would want to destroy the Twin Towers because they knew if you want to control the American psyche you must take away their wealth. Because they consider us Materialistic and through attacking our wealth they could prove that we are not the 'tolerant, free and Christian nation' that we claim to be.

Osama said that he sees himself as a martyr, he wants to avenge what happened to the Muslims in 683(The Holy War) where the Islamic Empire(Ottoman) was pushed out of Europe and defeated by a so-called 'Holy Alliance' formed by the Pope (?) XI. They particularly had a grudge against Poland and apparently they celebrated when the president of Poland's plane crashed. Supposedly there was a man during the 683 war who lived in a cave, was very wealthy and had recruits who sacrificed themselves for him against the European Christians.

He says that his final goal is to make the countries of the world who are currently friends into enemies or where they no longer trust each other and begin to pull away. Where Europe would no longer trust America because they see it as too dangerous or too extreme and where the world begins to see America as the evil empire instead of the empire for good. He claims that his real finale is when all nations are broken apart and where no one is trusted any longer and that will be the time when his alliance (Al-Qaeda) will be able to leak into countries and begin taking them over and there will be no countries coming to their rescue.

And also about Iraq, apparently they were happy that we went into Iraq because they claim that Osama can't expand much and operate when he is confined to a cave so he needed a strong ME country where he can establish a base from which his network will operate. He says he wants it in Iraq and he will get it by making Iraq fall so that he and his men can move in, but only once our troops leave.

And finally when they were asked what happens if/when their dream is finished they said they don't have any plans. No plan for taking care of the people. They just want to torture the Muslims and make the Muslims afraid of the Christians/Westerners by Al-Qaeda turning us into Islamophobics and create a hatred for Muslims.

So when we see stuff like this occurring such as the Mosque controversy or the burning of the Koran it is just more proof that Al-Qaeda's dream of destroying us from the inside is not only in full swing but is working!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

That sounds interesting, but for now it seems like a lot of quoting without a linked source.. If you could provide, I would be interested to read more of that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by Misoir

That sounds interesting, but for now it seems like a lot of quoting without a linked source.. If you could provide, I would be interested to read more of that.

That is just what I got from that movie that I watched.

It's called My trip to Al Qaeda

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'll have to look at when I get a chance. I appreciate it.
I just wish more people would agree that this burning is so counter-productive, and does nothing but condone hate, and fuel more animosity.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
geez, threads die quick these days.

well burn a 9/11 commission report this rememberance day.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't think the after effects for this "Burn a Quran Day" will be good.

I think something like this would just fuel or create more Muslim extremists.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Striker122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

something like that.. its just condoning hatred and violence. People need to start growing up, and being nright, not just trying to get attention.

new topics

top topics

join