It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion Attack Caught on Tape at MGM Resort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The lions seemed to be relaxed at first. Lying down and just stayed calm. After sometime, the male lion suddenly stood up and approached the trainer nearest to him and wrestled him down. The trainer was able to survive the attack with the help of the other trainer while he continues to stalk him.

www.youtube.com... (no blood)

The lion certainly was showing who was boss!! I dont think the lion wanted to kill the trainer as it certainly had the power to do it. I also find amazing how the Lioness tries to help the trainer!!

Confined in such a small place all the time maybe was just trying to make his day interesting!!

www.worldcorrespondents.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I would hardly call that an attack, I saw more signs of submission, looks like playing. Saying that there is no way I would have wanted to trade places!!
If you look at the comments, a guy points out that you can see poeple smiling in the reflection, I suppose entertainment is entertainment to some people!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It didn't seen very tough for a huge lion the other trainer with the bald head seemed to man handle it pritty easily oviously not a wild lion, a wild lion would of had them for breakfast!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Did you see the female lion? It looked like the female lion rushed to the aid of the guy being attacked. That was amazing, if that's what the female lion was doing. What else could se have been doing? She literally jumped on the back of the bigger lion and was biting his back. Anyway cool though I must admit, I was expecting a gruesome attack.

It was funny, at first you could see the lion look over at the guy, as if to say "I really don't like you, what are you doing in my encolsure?" The lion was giving him that stare that just screams "Get the hell out of my home, you pisssant".

--airspoon

edit on 9-9-2010 by airspoon because: added 2nd paragraph

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Yes attack is a bit strong but I have to follow ATS rules as per headline!!

When the initial "engagement" was over you may notice that the Lion goes on the hunt. Sort of like " yeah I can have this guy. Now where has he got to??"

The trainer certainly wasnt waiting around for a 2nd round. Even the other trainer was vamoosing as well!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Sorry Airspoon to disappoint. There are some young people on ATS.

If I find a video where the trainers guts are on the floor and the window, I will send you the link by u2u.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The cat seemed to just be playing... no wild animal should be in captivity in my opinion. Zoos, Shows... ect. I find cruel.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Definitely not an attack - big cats get frisky just as little cats do. Loved the way the female was protecting. They are so beautiful!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The thing you have to remember is that with an animal as strong and potentially aggressive as the lion, there is a very fine line between just being playful and being dangerous. In the space of a few seconds a human can be badly mutilated by these powerful beasts.

I agree the behaviour of the female lion was very touching. You could see she was trying to calm the male lion and reassure him that the human was no real threat.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Did you see the female lion? It looked like the female lion rushed to the aid of the guy being attacked. That was amazing, if that's what the female lion was doing. What else could se have been doing? She literally jumped on the back of the bigger lion and was biting his back. Anyway cool though I must admit, I was expecting a gruesome attack.

I thought that she might have been trying to stop him attacking the two men, because she thought he ( the lion ) might have come off worse.

In the same way that you might hold your friend back when - in a moment of drunken stupidity - he thinks it's a wise idea to get in a heated altercation with two bigger and, more sober, men.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Maybe she though that she would have a go while his back is turned, you know the kind, just trying to get a dig in while the oppotunity was there! Maybe he did something in the morning and that was her chance, animals have memories and emotions too.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My house cat does this all the time

The first thing I noticed about the video is most likely the issue here.

Neither trainer looked comfortable around the lions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
My house cat does this all the time

The first thing I noticed about the video is most likely the issue here.

Neither trainer looked comfortable around the lions.

I agree, the tainers almost looked like they had never been around these lions...

And they ARE so beautiful... I wonder if the female just wanted to get into the play also... looked like fun to her.

In my earlier post hope I didn't come off harsh... but I really don't agree with any animal being in captivity.

new topics

top topics

join