It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These 3 things... Resistance is futile ! Islam rising

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by tungus

How exactly is this "stated goal of Islam" to be achieved?

Should I be expected to convert to Islam at gunpoint? Or perhaps I should prepare for the possibilty of an angry mob of muslims besieging me in my home demanding I convert.

Sounds ridiculous right now, I agree. Also, no one in the 7th century Sassanid Empire of Persia, could foresee that their people will think of themselves as Muslim one day. Here is the response letter of then Shah of Iran Yazdgerd.

Keep in mind that Islam has been around for a very long time, much longer of the longest lasting battery of the i-pod generation American who has no idea what they are dealing with.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Fromabove

Hate to break this to ya... I said that very thing to a Muslim friend of mine, and oddly enough, I'm still alive last I checked. ...and he is still my friend...and still Muslim. Odd that...

If that is true then he hasn't read the Quran lately. When someone, even if they be a Muslim, insults or blasphemes the prophet Muhammed, or his god Allah, a response is necessary to ensure that such a person repents completely, receives just punishment for the action, or if not, they are to be slain with the sword (killed). So what your Islamic friend did was simply turn his back and deny his god and his Quran. Such people are doomed to the worst of hell when they die, according to the Quran.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

That would only be true if every Muslim would take the Qran literally...or if they were extremists.

Here's a clue: THE MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS AREN'T EXTREMIST FUNDAMENTALISTS!!

Just like the majority of Christians aren't crazy fundies who believe in a young earth or that Harry Potter is an enemy of god...or that evolution is wrong and the talking-snake theory is the only correct theory.

If you take 2000 year old scriptures literally you're a complete idiot, no matter which religion you follow. The people who wrote it had less than 1% of the scientific knowledge we have now.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

In Islam, you must take scripture literally. Unlike other religions that allow interpretation, the Quran cannot be interpreted. It says what it means. It only seems that there are moderate Muslims, and peaceful ones, but that is only among themselves not among the infidels (non believers). Preaching done on the Quran in the Mosque only relates to the "explanation" of the scripture. When a cleric issues a fatwa it has the force of Islamic edict and law as it relates to any command in the Quran. Such as "death to the infidels" ie, America, cartoon writers, movie makers, etc.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

It does seems that the percentage of violent extremist Muslims vs violent Christians is skewed to the Muslim side. Even if it is a small percentage, it adds up to a lot of people when you have around a Billion followers.

And if the number of extremist Muslims isn't large, then we shouldn't be worried much about a pastor burning some books and offending the Majority of Muslims now should we? It's not like we start a Crusade when some Muslims kill aid workers or burn Bibles.

Why don't we hear about Violent Hindu or Buddhist extremists?? Maybe both sides could learn from them......

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by MrXYZ

It does seems that the percentage of violent extremist Muslims vs violent Christians is skewed to the Muslim side. Even if it is a small percentage, it adds up to a lot of people when you have around a Billion followers.

And if the number of extremist Muslims isn't large, then we shouldn't be worried much about a pastor burning some books and offending the Majority of Muslims now should we? It's not like we start a Crusade when some Muslims kill aid workers or burn Bibles.

Why don't we hear about Violent Hindu or Buddhist extremists?? Maybe both sides could learn from them......

One other thing to notice is the many many Christians who are vocally against burning Qurans. Yet most all Muslims never say a word about Bible burnings, beheadings, or condemn the deeds done in violence against other people, nor the hate filled speeches of their Imams.

The tally of hard core ready to go Muslims that would do Jihad if called is said to be 10% so that would be about 100 million worldwide. That will easily go to about 40 or 50% when Qurans are burning.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by MrXYZ

In Islam, you must take scripture literally. Unlike other religions that allow interpretation, the Quran cannot be interpreted. It says what it means. It only seems that there are moderate Muslims, and peaceful ones, but that is only among themselves not among the infidels (non believers). Preaching done on the Quran in the Mosque only relates to the "explanation" of the scripture. When a cleric issues a fatwa it has the force of Islamic edict and law as it relates to any command in the Quran. Such as "death to the infidels" ie, America, cartoon writers, movie makers, etc.

That statement is total bull#, if it were true you'd have to run for your life every time you see a Muslim. I had to spend time near Mekkah during Ramadan for work, was the only white non-Muslim dude (at least I saw not a single other white guy), and everyone treated me with respect.

I went to the gold market there, wearing shorts and flipflops...at 2am...and I'm still alive. I even had some pilgrims help me translate stuff.

Most muslims are moderates.

edit on 10-9-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
All the Muslim families I know have 5-7 kids. If each of those kids reproduce at the same rate, and their kids do so as well, before very long we find ourselves living in a Muslim country. I truly believe this is what they are trying to accomplish, conqueror countries by excessive breeding.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
All the Muslim families I know have 5-7 kids. If each of those kids reproduce at the same rate, and their kids do so as well, before very long we find ourselves living in a Muslim country. I truly believe this is what they are trying to accomplish, conqueror countries by excessive breeding.

Here the math. In other words: Kiss the west goodbye

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Has it occured to you, yet, that many Muslims choose to interpret the Quoran other than literally? They needn't pick up a sword and go whacking off peoples heads to prove they're good Muslims. That's why they're called moderate Muslims...

Radical Islam can also be called fundamentalists, and perhaps should be, whilst the moderates should be called Radical. The face of Islam is changing, whether you want to see it or not. Given half an opportunity, it will continue to change.

Religions adapt to changing times, or they die. Islam, like any healthy entity, is changing. Only truly blind people, or ones so caught up in their own neurosis' can fail to see this. This doesn't deny the danger posed by fundamentalist Muslims, but it may help put it into context.

Islam itself is not the danger. Certain followers of Islam are the danger.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The face of Islam is changing, whether you want to see it or not. Given half an opportunity, it will continue to change.

It's changing but for the more fundamentalist it seems. You aren't contending that Islam is getting more moderate are you? They still treat women as something just above property, have hardly any tolerance or respect for other Religions or peoples in their home countries and don't seem to be assimilating much at all into European countries.

I wish Islam was getting more moderate......I just don't see it. Show me how the face of Islam is changing for the better.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Islam and Mohammadism are both religions and ideaologies and social structures (Sharia Law)

this thread, so far, is only adressing the religion component of Islam...

the practices of things like Gold Dinars = with 4.3 grams of gold will eventually bring stability to the fiscal systems in the world today, as in doing away with the USD as the world's reserve currency, doing away with
insurance, derivatives, toxic paper of all types, fiat notes, usury, fractional reserve banking practice,
just to cite a few of the corrupt & fraudlent practices of our current systems....

Sharia Law will become the replacement for the crooked legal systems in the west, with shyster lawyers that buy their degrees and practice corporate law among other things...

No.... the inevitable will happen, Islam will be looked on as the stabilizing factor in a deteroiating 20-21st century western dominated 'System' of life-business-socio/economic lifestyles...
Islam, Mohammadism is the replacement for the defunct greed of predatory capitalists... it is the next stage in thwarting global entropy that is happening right now.

i surly do not expect to survive this '2012' paradigm change, as i will never calaim to be a 'servant' of Allah (PBHN) *** yo, i'm covering the bases until the global 'Shift'

edit on 11-9-2010 by St Udio because: clean up the post

new topics

<< 1   >>

join