It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Hello Mod, if you need a volunteer for the Junior debate I am willing.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
BillfromCovina has joined the tournament. All but one of the debates should be moving soon. A couple of matches have been changed- all of the involved parties have been U2U'd.

We still need one more debater to go up against Orange-Light.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It may be worth noting that while one debate is already complete, another debate has apparently not even started yet, and it's been three days since the 24-hour extension was invoked.

I supose that means that some of us will get especially long recovery times, which is not unwelcome...but what's going on with saltheart foamfollower vs KrazyJethro?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
U2U has already been sent to prod that debate into motion.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sorry folks, I got a contract where I had to go up north for the last three days. No internet connection available, I just returned.

I will forfeit if necessary, otherwise I will give my opening statement up or more.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
No problem. Life happens. The debate can continue as normal.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
No problem. Life happens. The debate can continue as normal.

Yes, it does and it now means that I will in no way be able to finish my debate in the next few days. If it was held off till Tuesday however, I can guarantee a clean finish but as of right now, it doesn't look likely at all (damn near impossible should I say) which is why I'm posting now requesting that it be postponed till the said date. If my oppnent was to disagree with this however then I shall understand but I'm just in dire need here.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I was sooooo ready for this when it was originally planned. I just don't have the time now. Hell, I don't even have much time to visit ATS

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

My life has been...interesting this week as well, I am in full agreement if mods allow.
edit on 21-11-2010 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm back. I was unexpectedly competing for computer time yesterday. That may happen once or twice more between now and Thanksgiving.

We finally found an opponent for orange-light. All debates should be moving today. One debate was scrapped- we will need to bring somebody into Round 2 one a bye to make that work out.

I will be checking in once in a while through the day, but wont be highly active for the next few days and probably wont be doing late nights again till after Thanksgiving.

I also suggest that we award everyone an additional 24 hour extension that may be used between Wednesday and Friday if needed (for Thanksgiving)- anyone have thoughts on that?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well ... nothing particularly negative except where I'm from (and others I guess) we don't have thanks giving or really celebrate it.

I imagine it's an American only thing. Would future debates have time off for other holidays for persons in other countries? It's been fairly flexible so far anyway.

My only side suggestion is perhaps after a persons 24 extension their opponent should maybe be allowed an 36 hours instead of the usual 24? Just because extensions are quite unexpected and interfere with one's organized time to write a response? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am still waiting for my opponent to post a response this morning. I really, really don't want to win by forfeit! I was just getting into the groove and enjoying it. I hope a solution can be found and the debate continue.

As far as extra time during Thanksgiving, that sounds like a winner to me! I am the one that does all the cooking at my house, so any extra time is a bonus!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
All I have to say is this. It took almost a month or two to enact the contest. Than, if many people did not KNOW, that fall is a harvest time. Now I can excuse those in the cities, but most of us know that in the REAL world, those that provide for the rest of HUMANITY, the fall is the harvest time. It was an actual bad time. I do not harvest, but I do provide services for those that do. Mainly mechanical and a little computer work.

Anyway, this is why I am sure the debate has been fluid. Come on, give everyone a break! JHEEEEEEZ!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by Rising Against

My life has been...interesting this week as well, I am in full agreement if mods allow.
edit on 21-11-2010 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

Thank you and I really do hope it's allowed also. I want to complete this debate sooooo much now and it's incredibly frustrating knowing that if it was to continue the way it is, finishing would be impossible.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Debates can be paused by mutual agreement. Just make sure to come to a clear understanding about it and don't make it ridiculously long.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree that extra leeway can be given for the holiday season...but fighters should communicate specifically with their opponents and understand exactly what time period to expect beyond the 24 hours...

My two cents...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Okay, my opponent has forfeited. Now what? Do I just wait for another turn?

Sorry, Vagabond, I know you feel harassed! I was just starting to enjoy the debate and feel rather prematurely ejected!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was wondering if it was possible to get an update on the rankings...I could do the math and the edit but feel uncomfortable doing so as I am currently a participant.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have to apologize AGAIN!
I lost internet service earlier this week. Replaced my modem and still did not have service. I am still losing connection about half the time. Down to my router or my LAN component of my puter. Still working the problems.

Later.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I seem to have the luck of having opponents with time issues. Nothing against them at all of course. If anyone understands it's me.

I'm a father of 4, sole breadwinner, and happen to live in the 2nd richest county in America without a college degree, so I couldn't understand more.

I'm a pretty laid back guy, if folks haven't noticed in the past 7 years I've been on ATS, so it's not a big deal. I would, however, like to finish my debates in a reasonable time. Unfortunately I've been sick now for 8 days and feel like a huge load of crap, so that sucks.

Hope I've been putting in a decent show so far.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join