It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

There are a lot of things that go into creating a debate tournament. Especially one this size.

You have to organize the competitors, create topics, find judges, there is actually a lot that goes into it, and from what I understand only one person is setting it up. A person who has a real life, a real job and does this all voluntarily.

So, like everything, patience is a virtue.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Just checking! Can't wait to see this go down. Someone needs to get medals and candy for the three finalist.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
So, like everything, patience is a virtue.

A virtue maybe ... a good survival trait ... not always.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Death_Kron

I've got the beer stocked up already (although that might not be so much of a good idea )

It's not, and I have proof...

Friends don't let friends debate drunk

I enjoy the occasional boys night out with buddies. We passionately debate politics. Our views span the political spectrum and we are lifelong friends...so we play rough. I always enjoy those debates after a few beers...they seem informed, intelligent...insightful.

Then one night it was my turn to be designated driver and I remained sober for the night and listening to the usual debates ...I thought to myself.....these guys are slobbering group of idiots...and realized this must be how I sound as well after a several drinks in a political debate.

Just sayin. I agree with Wukky..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I have a request:
When this thing starts, would whomever's in charge send U2U's to notify participants? It's been 46 days since registration, and I'm losing enthusiasm for checking this thread every day.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
My intention here is not just to end My debate opponent's control over the minds and souls of countless people but also to stick to the facts and offer only those arguments that can be supported by those facts. We must cope with the present if we hope to affect our future and seek some structure in which the cacophony introduced by my debate opponent's crotchets might be systematized, reconciled, and made rational.

Where some may benefit by convinving themselves that Esoteric Teacher's logic is questionable and also from assuming I am inept, and my debating styles may be indistinguishable from some form of inane brutum fulmen, I assure you my overtly childish antics may surely be an effective tactically motivated attempt at a pre-emptive strike.

In short future debate opponent: I am watching you
And if you don't like it, you better pour yourself a tall cool refreshing glass of suck it the
up and press on.

Have a great ATS day,
ET

P.S. Are we having fun yet?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
In short future debate opponent: I am watching you
And if you don't like it, you better pour yourself a tall cool refreshing glass of suck it the
up and press on.

I am who i am, and you are who you are. You are not like me. That is why i don't fear you. Since you are not like me, it doesn't matter which side i play. It will only make the challenge easier. That is a hint if you are watching me

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
What shall we debate? I love a good debate.
I'm in.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I'm in.

You are way too late

Tournament is already organised

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I'm in.

You are way too late

Tournament is already organised

Well..damn.
Call me for round 2.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Is there any word on when this will start?

edit on Tue, 19 Oct 2010 02:16:22 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I reckon either Semper actually did catch something potentially fatal or it is a test...

But I will not fail this one!! No sir, I called my boss to tell him my leave of absence will be extended for an unknown number of days. All the snack have gone stale and I already consumed my "debate-reserve" of beer but I don't care!! I will remain patient until that moment arrives when Semper decides that enough contestants have dropped out/lost interest for him to make a chance at winning this.

Good strategy!! But you'll have to do better than that to beat me.....

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Is there any word on when this will start?

edit on Tue, 19 Oct 2010 02:16:22 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

somebody murmured something about october 4th but the year wasn.t given

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Now Orange Light that was a good one, roflmbo!!

Line two because I am still laughing.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Semper said something on ATS Live about getting everything set up by wednesday. Of course, he didn't say which wednesday.....

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
we are getting closer

this year oct 4 was a monday!

now figure wednesday october 4th will be

since 2012 is a leap year

plenty of time to get prepared!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I'll have nanotechnology figured out by then...so all other Fighters need not apply...

Sorry, Semper...Rabble Rousers Need an Outlet...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

2017! I will be POTUS by then! Good Lord!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

2017! I will be POTUS by then! Good Lord!

Gawd help us all...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ah it reminds me of the good old days in the Coliseum.

The Gladiators knew they all eventually would die but oh, how they hankered for those few brief moments of glory before being torn asunder, fallen, and to die a painful humiliating death splayed out upon the dirt.

I know you all are full of anticipation for these brief fleeting moments of fame even knowing it shall all end in such bitter ignominious defeat.

Right now I want you to all savor these moments, these moments made of those impossible dreams, where in your minds eye, you too can be a champion, a victor, and thrill to the adulation of the undulating crowd.

For in short order, all to briefly, you will step upon those virtual sands of the debate forum where all eyes shall see those hopes dashed, those dreams ended, that call to glory end up in humiliation and defeat, where surely you will wish then, as you crawl away vanquished and pummeled, neutered and traumatized, stupefied and reeling that you had tried out for something more appropriate for your skills, like the research forum.

Ah alas, forgive them father they know not what they do.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join