It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wishing a Happy Jewish New Years to all This September 9th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Hebrew New Year 5771 or 5772 signifies the time since the first New Moon that happened before Creation. Now that more people don’t know that is a conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleSam55
The Hebrew New Year 5771 or 5772 signifies the time since the first New Moon that happened before Creation. Now that more people don’t know that is a conspiracy!

Thanks for sharing that, but how could there be a New Moon before creation, wouldn't that be since the time of creation?

Not trying to be cute in that question, I really don't know.

Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As promised earlier we aren't just dong Jewish New Years this year, but Muslim Eid too, in Proto's quest to promote greater Religious awareness and tollerance here on ATS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now look I hate to complain, especially this early in the New Years but last years Eid thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did a lot better than this years Jewish New Years thread, so let's try to get this New Years Party here into high gear (everyone stop being so stingy with your replies) and then move the festivities over there too, so I don't have to have a big mess to vacuum and a lot of glasses to wash in just one place!

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Rosy Hashanah wIshes for all!

Ketiva ve-chatima tovah!

edit on 10-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: Sp

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

Happy New Years friend, I hope it's a wonderful one!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Happy New Year

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

But that is my point...

There is a conspiracy... lack of knowledge concerning the "New Moon" BEFORE creation.

The Hebrew year was started with that event... "the New Moon before creation".
I, also, would like to know more.

If there is anyone out there who could further explain this event and how it happened, etc., I would love to read it.

But isn't it interesting that that the Hebrew year system is based on such a shrouded and mystical event.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hi,

This is my first post ever, so, please bear with me here

The day of atonement comes 10 days after the Jewish new year's and is considered the most holy day of the year (which is one of the reasons that in 1973 Syria and Egypt attacked Israel at that very day...), Traditionally in Israel (where I live), no one drives, obviously no one works, and kids enjoy a day of riding bikes. Religious and observant people fast from the evening of the holiday for about 25 hours, during that time you go to temple and pray for forgiveness. Basically, in Judaism, it is customary to first ask for forgiveness for sins between a man and other men, and only then ask forgiveness from god.

Now, the Jewish new years (Rosh-HaShana) usually marks when the Torah was given to Israel (please correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I remember), where Simchat Torah (which comes several days after Yom-Kippur) marks the beginning of reading the Torah (the old testament to those who don't speak Hebrew
), basically, every week (on Friday night) you read one piece of the Torah, and Simchat Torah marks a full cycle.

Hope this helps you in understanding a bit more about Judaism... and though I have not read the entire thread, and have not noticed if someone provided you with this information, I do hope that it helps.

As for politics, don't get me started
I do think that there's a ton of disinformation, and people not knowing the entire truth (i.e. not having "feet on the ground" so to speak) about what's going on here...

I do agree with you that religion is a type of conspiracy, in that way that it provides a frame of control over people, some of whom don't even realize it...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
We go to temple today and tomorrow, well some do.

So wait, an administrator of ATS happens to be Jewish? I'm a bit surprised that haters of the site haven't picked up on this, unless they have and I've been living under a rock.

I hope when holidays such as Kwanzaa and Christmas come around, all the "Happy/Merry ___!" threads don't end up in BTS, or we might have a real conspiracy on our hands.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

So wait, an administrator of ATS happens to be Jewish? I'm a bit surprised that haters of the site haven't picked up on this, unless they have and I've been living under a rock.

The great news is that the Terms of Service are what first and foremost define the Owners, administrators and moderators. You can argue any position here on ATS as long as you do it within terms of service, and if you claim you can absolutely prove something, well you do have to be able to prove it.

The only people who see a conspiracy in how the site is run are the ones who can't abide by the terms of service or get upset when speculative and circumstantial evidence does not meet the claims of absolute proof and have their threads moved to the hoax forum as a result.

If you belong to a special interest group, a political party, or a religion, ATS often appears to be Anti-All and Each, only in part because there is such a diverse membership. While a lot of members will claim their group, political party, lifestyle, nation, or religion is being picked on exclusively or the most, when you objectively look at the boards, no matter who you are, where you are from, or how you define it, some posters on ATS are against it.

I hope when holidays such as Kwanzaa and Christmas come around, all the "Happy/Merry ___!" threads don't end up in BTS, or we might have a real conspiracy on our hands.

My simotaneously running Jewish New Years and Muslim Eid threads are conspiracy oriented, it's a conspiracy by me, to encourage members of these sects to share more about what their religion means to them, and how it works for them, to ecourage other members to learn more about them, so they don't fear them and stereotype people in them.

The politics of Israel have nothing to do with Judaism as a religion, one is a nation one is a religion, yet there is a lot of stereotyping and misunderstanding involved, the politics of Iran for example is a nation, while Islam is a religion, and once again a lot of stereotyping and misunderstanding is involved.

A bad policy in Israel does not make Judaism bad or responsible, just like a bad policy in Iran doesn't make Islam responsible.

Yet a lot of members do have a hard time seperating the politics of nation, from the politics of religion, and they form some pretty false and often silly and destructive opinions as a result of that.

These threads are an attempt to expose the truth of what I believe are simply very different human beings who all practice their chosen religion in unique and often very different not stereo typical ways that too many people on ATS would like to paint all members of as birds of a identical feather.

They aren't, and there are a whole lot of people on ATS and indeed throughout the world who desperately need to learn that lesson.

Seperating Nation from religion, politics from religion, and finally religion from the individual, so we can get back to trying to see each and every person for the unique being they are, instead of just lumping them together like a dozen extra large grade a eggs.

These threads aren't meant to be solely a pat each other on the back, best wishes, affairs, or a vehicle to elevate one religion over another, but, a chance for us all to learn more about what makes these religions special to the very individual and unique people who celebrate them, by giving them a chance to share their very own unique way they practice it.

It's a conspiracy to learn more about our differences and that it's ok to celebrate them and not fear them.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It’s Jewish New Years today and I would like to extend a hearty New Years to all the Jewish members of ATS.

As a Gentile I don’t understand much about the Jewish calendar and how it marks time and what the significance is religious wise, in keeping a separate Calendar. I am not quite sure either how Jewish New Years might be celebrated differently than the one most of us celebrates on January 1st each year.

I am very curious about these things though.

While people on ATS seldom agree about Israeli politics, I think we all might agree that culturally the Judean religion has made some very significant contributions to world wide culture.

Yet many of us really don’t know much about the Judean traditions, like the separate calendar that still marks the end and beginning of the religious year.

So having said that I would really enjoy if some of the Jewish members of ATS would be kind enough to help us all celebrate with them today by sharing more about the Calendar its significance, and how the holiday is celebrated by traditional Jews.

It seems to me that divisions and misunderstandings over religion are increasingly driving world events to a crisis point.

I humbly believe one of the best ways to avert that is for all of us religions and non-religious alike to better understand the cultures that drive and are reflected in these religions, so we don’t have to be fearful or ignorant of what we don’t know.

I can’t think of a better way to start out a New Year than on that hopeful note and an invitation for everyone to learn and share more.

Happy New Years to all of ATS’s Jewish Members, and many, many more.

I am not a Jew myself - I'm uncircumcised, and not even much of a Southern Baptist as I was raised - but I do have a Jewish heritage in the woodworks.

Nice to see a message of peace and goodwill, amid so much hatred and bigotry - thank you.

To all my Muslim friends, I am so glad that freak down here in Florida canceled his Quran burning.

Thank you for this message of goodwill.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

You are welcome my friend, as I struggle to encourage others to consider celebrating Jewish New Years, and Muslim Eid right now in an atmosphere of what at times is super charged hate, I am trying to go the opposite direction.

To illustrate that it's the perfect time to reach out across the religious spectrum, and restore the notion that each person is a person, an individual regardless of their religion, nation, sex, sexual orientation, or color. To please just stop with all the stereotyping and take more time to actually consider the individuals being lumped together through stereotyping for what they really are, individuals.

We are holding way to many people to account, on all sides of the divide, for the extreme and sometimes very questionable actions of a few, a few individuals, and we are loosing our humanity in the process.

It's not that hard to make an effort not to do that. To do the opposite, to embrace and celebrate the individual and what makes them different.

It seems cliche but what the world needs now is really just love.

It's reassuring to know there are still some people who can spare some! Thanks for doing just that my friend.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Wishing A Happy Jewish New Year To All.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join