It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Behead, Burn and Urinate on Holy Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

My opinion is that the pastor of this church expected that mainstream Christian churches would follow along and burn Qurans of that day, hence "International Burn a Koran Day". However, many Christian churches actually teach the Bible which states that a person is to love their neighbor, forgive others, turn the other cheek, and do not repay evil with evil. I don't expect many churches to follow this pastor and this church.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
In many ways todays radical Islam is very reminiscent of medieval Christianity... One said what one thought at peril of death or dismemberment, or both. Christianity evolved away from that, though it took a while. So, too, will Islam in it's good time.

The danger in Islam isn't the everyday practitioner who only wants to worship in peace...it's the radical who thinks all should believe as he/she does. Christianity was once much like that, too. ...and some small segments of it are that way today.

For a behaviour to change, be it in society or a society's religion, the people within it must first see the need for change...and then must want the change and be willing to work for it. As an outsider looking in, I see that realization that change is necessary maybe beginning to occur, next comes wanting and working. This can not be imposed from with out, it must come from within. From the heart, if you will...

Whether it happens or not, is not within our control as outsiders looking in. Islam must change Islam. Just as Christianity changed, and is changing, Christianity.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is as bad as a high school fight,it's like so childish it's just stupid... you burn mine.. i burn yours...

it's a damn book!.. so f$%&5 what! why don't the 2 religions have a race... to see who's gawd can end world hungar...now that would be worth a headline... not this crap.

edit on 9-9-2010 by KINGOFPAIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So they burn and pee on the book that contains the Old Testament and the message of Jesus, who they consider to be a prophet.

I like where this is going.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lol, this thread just made my day for sick humour.

And the part that is funny, is how everybody is trying to use "Secular" logic to defend countries that would like to remove "Secular" from your vocabulary.

To say that this isn't "Muslim" wide is a fallacy...which branch, is it Sunni, is it Shia...maybe Sufi?

See, if ANY Christian nation did anything even close to what "Muslim" nations do, there would be a global outcry of condemnation.

If a "Muslim" country does it...it is "not all" "Muslims" or " a few" extremists....

Until you guys realize that there is no relation between western Muslims and eastern Muslims you have already lost the train of thought neccessary for resolution.

They are completely different, and if it wasn't for the same title on the religious card, most of you would have figured that out by now.

To the mod, yes Christianity had a brutal period, which it has tried to grow away from. Islam has been around for slightly less time, and is still stuck in that medieval, brutal period....why?

What has let one religion grow and one stagnate?

You will notice that I have quoted "Muslim" through out this post, and the reason is becasue there are many different types, and until we figure out which type(s) are the violent ones, we can not bring resolution.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Actually, yes, that's why military chaplains are forced to arrive in these places without their Chaplains badge (except Muslim Chaplains), and why Catholic masses are held in secret in private residences. They are not allowed to participate in their religion, nor celebrate it. Here in the US we do not retrict other faith's rights, or rites, for that matter. I guess this shows where "tolerance" and appeasement have gotten us. Once again, DON'T CARE.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
this tactic has become mainstream within the neo-christian, Republican/Tea Party Movement. They attempt to justify their own bad actions by highlighting the bad actions of others ....

What BAD exactly has the Tea Party Movement done that is mainstream with them? Examples please.

Originally posted by crazydaisy
The biggest problem is the media ran wild with this story.

I agree. It's just one lone nutter who wants attention. Now he's saying he won't burn them if Obama calls him personally. He knows he's got an international incident brewing .. and he's kinda' blackmailing the POTUS (the POTUS who was STUPID enough to actually comment on this)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
In many ways todays radical Islam is very reminiscent of medieval Christianity...

Yep. It's like looking at Christianity of 1,000 years ago. Problem is ... the world has grown up since then.
And the radical Islamics have been either left behind or they decided they want to stay bad little kiddies ...
Guess being a bad kid is more fun than being a responsible adult.

I agree with ya' ... it's like looking in a time machine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join