It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Primatene Mist Kept Behind the Pharmacy Counter Now In Florida?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
OK, So I only been using this stuff since I moved down here three years ago. I have had Asthma my entire life; of course it's bad here in Florida what with the allergy season neverending, however, none of my doctors will actually admit that I do (don't know why). I mean I have been told it's bronchitis, chronic bronchitis, allergies and every other thing under the sun but Asthma. However everyone that I know that's suffered asthma themselves their whole life & understands the symptoms, etc, acknowledges this IS what I have! Now I have always bought the Primatene Mist Off the shelf, however today when I went to get it the stuff was behind the pharmacy counter. What's up with that? I mean I have bought it off the shelf as recently as two months ago. So why the change now? And I also see they may discontinue selling it when I was trying to see why they are suddenly keeping it behind the counter. If they do, I will be truly screwed because I have had excellent health coverage before and those doctors refused to acknowledge that I do indeed have asthma and now I don't have any health coverage so that's even worse! UGH! I really hope they're not taking it off the market!

edit on 9-9-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My guess is that's it's being kept behind the counter now because it contains epinepherine and is probably being abused by kids for a cheap high. Sudafed, some cough syrups, and other things have shared the "behind the counter" fate because people misusing them became a problem.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's ridiculous...the last time I got some Sudafed, you'd think I was trying to buy some kind of serious narcotic...

Sometimes, the legislators can really overreact....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Florida's the worst, we ban everything

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
I also have asthma and purchase Primatene Mist. In Ohio there is no over the counter policy for it. As a cautionary measure in the event "shtf", I am stockpiling them. I recently noticed on the boxes here in Ohio the label says;

"Primatene Mist will no longer be sold after December 31, 2011"

Maybe the behind the counter policy in Florida is a response to this? Personaly, since I noticed this label 2 months ago, I've started buying even more.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Sahabi because: To add the no OTC policy in OH

top topics

join