It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metamaterials, Quantum Optics and Cloaking - A New Reality - Michio Kaku Looks Towards a Quantum Fut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Good Evening All,

Just thought share some information i have been looking into recently. It makes me look forward to what is to come.

Carbon Nano Tubes
Qantum Optics
Spacelifts
Nano Machines
Nuclear Fusion

And...Beyond
Enjoy!!

Photon Computer Processors:

www.youtube.com...

Totally amazing stuff but yet totally beleivable... Ironically i was watching a youtube clip that was more conspiracy related and the mentioned ''Spacelifts'' and then tonight on ABC the documentary host by Kaku talk alot about spacelifts and Carbon Nano.

Although some parts of the government / military may already have surpassed this, it is exciting to look forward to as civilians. I say this because up untill that has been the case with the majority of technology, it is releases to the public once the military etc has found an alternative or something more advanced that what has been announced.
Look at the internet for example, the military was using the basic form of it in the 70's but the public only really got a hold of it in the late 90's onwards.

Well hope you all enjoyed the video's and if you have more to add please do, of course there is much more out there.

Havick

References:

Metamaterials:
en.wikipedia.org...

P.S.

Check out what Nokia is looking into:

Gotta love technology

To top it off, there is the phone.. although some time yet before it or something similar is released, unlike the iphone this is something i would line up for

As you can tell i am Nokia fan

edit on 9-9-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What a quiet and unintelligent forum it is tonight...hmm lame.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good videos there. I have seen one or two of them before. What is interesting with all these new fields is that they early work looks somewhat promising, especially with Nanacarbon Tubes which are slowly coming down in cost. For the work in quantum optics, I spoke to a researcher the other day who was doing some work in that field, however I can not remember what exactly he said, however they again look extremely promising, with the possibility of light bending cloacking becoming a reality.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Great Videos! I especially liked the first and last, although i've seen the last one before. The third video flew completely over my head, had nfi what he was on about.

I can't wait for this sorta tech to come out, gonna be freaking awesome! The possibilities are endless.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wow, S&F
Thank you for the videos, especially the bbc documentary was very interesting. I cannot quite comprehend the implications of all this new technology as of yet, but it will truly revolutionize our ways completely, that I know for sure. It goes beyond our imagination, positively and negatively, and research has to be done with great care and awareness inorder to craft a long lasting future for mankind, even beyond the boundaries of our planet. But the dangers involved are not to be taken lightly.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by racos

Between carbon nanotubes and graphene research we really do live in some really freaking exciting times.

Too bad the rest of the world hasn't caught up...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ooooooooooo cloaking

soo many abuses to that power

i can see what id do with it"sir weve just lost 5 pizzas 2sodas and the store across the street says there missing games movies and the like" sargent"dear god...it seems there will soon be a MASSIVE POOL PARTY!!!"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
oh the beatiful possiblites i yearn for a monster truck made completly out of nanobots
i would turn it into like a mech warrior though within 30 secs though with laza beams of DOOM!
or a awsome suit like iron mans

new topics

top topics

join