It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well now this is nothing new. Burning effigies as well as flags have become a way of life.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The pastor has called off the burning on Sept 11. Everyone can calm down now and find something else to feed your egos.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
The pastor has called off the burning on Sept 11. Everyone can calm down now and find something else to feed your egos.

it's too late

other blogs I saw are coming out
and saying they are gonna go
ahead with it anyway on their own.
Freefall effect is in play.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I must say I am disappointed to be part of the human race. It is behaviour like this that is going to see the end of our species, and maybe that will be a good thing. After all if we get rid of ourselves, then we can't go on to harm anything else in the universe. As a species we are meant to be intelligent, and strive forward to make a better world for ourselves and for our children, but from what history tells us is that we are only really interested in fighting each other (usually in the name of religion or greed).

If people are insistant on causing another crusades then leave me out of it, leave all of us that don't care out of it, and maybe, just maybe we will still have a future to look forward too.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but we really need to look at what we are doing, and especially this idiot Terry Jones who is just trying to make armagedon come sooner rather than later.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

it's too late

other blogs I saw are coming out
and saying they are gonna go
ahead with it anyway on their own.
Freefall effect is in play.

So is there a crying session planned already? This was bound to happen in the US, Its been building up for a while now.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
He accomplished what he wished to accomplish by drawing the attention to his point, that he wanted to draw. As for the Flag burning, what's new there? Flag burning has been going on all over the world as sign of protest.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by racos

It is behaviour like this that is going to see the end of our species, and maybe that will be a good thing.

If you feel that strong about it then why don't you go ahead and get a head start?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

thanks pal

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by racos

It is behaviour like this that is going to see the end of our species, and maybe that will be a good thing.

If you feel that strong about it then why don't you go ahead and get a head start?

I remain hopeful that some form of sense will provile from situations like this

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by racos

reply to post by racos

I remain hopeful that some form of sense will provile from situations like this

Yeah I thought your answer would be something like that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by racos

This is ATS, not the Daily Koss or Move On. Childish behavior like that won't get you anywhere.

Adults are able to debate issues without resorting to that type of nonsense. Often though we find children in adults bodies.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Pastor cancels burning, says mosque moving

The pastor planning to burn Qurans on the Sept. 11 anniversary said Thursday that he had called off the event after being given assurances that the Muslim group seeking to build an Islamic center near the World Trade Center site would move the project.

Hmmm... Interesting developments.
Donald Trump Offers to Buy Site of Proposed Downtown Mosque

Donald Trump, the great peacemaker?

The Donald, who is used to making gambles and chasing down publicty, has offered to buy the site of the proposed Islamic Center that is being developed two blocks from Ground Zero.

In a letter to Park51 investor Hisham Elzanaty, an Egyptian-born businessman who says he provided a majority of the financing to gain control over the two buildings where the center would be built, Trump offers to pay 25 percent more than what Elzanaty paid for the site at 45 Park Place.

Mosque Investor Would Consider Selling Site

Hisham Elzanaty, an Egyptian-born businessman who says he provided a majority of the financing to gain control over the two buildings where the center would be built, told The Associated Press that he has always viewed the project primarily as an investment opportunity, and would sell some of the site if the price is right.

Looks like there is a lot going on behind the scenes. Lets see where this will all lead. Did Trump and Elzanaty make a backroom deal?

edit on 9-9-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

reply to post by racos

This is ATS, not the Daily Koss or Move On. Childish behavior like that won't get you anywhere.

Adults are able to debate issues without resorting to that type of nonsense. Often though we find children in adults bodies.

Funny how it is childish when YOU don't approve of the actions. Am I supppose to be more like you and agree with what you say?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not sure if that was directed at me or not, however I didn't mean to come across as childish.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by racos
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not sure if that was directed at me or not, however I didn't mean to come across as childish.

No He was talking to me, apparently he thinks i should be more like him.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Alien Mind because: Typo

link   
Are people really up in arms because Muslims are threatening to burn our flag... for the 30,000th time? Seriously, this is barely news. This might offend some, I really don't care, but the fact is that many more militant Muslims would burn an American flag to celebrate the fact that it's Falafel day in the training camp cafeteria. Not quite the shocker anymore that it once was...

link   
I say go for it! Muslims have been killing,maiming,burning and threatening everyone. I dont want to hear what Christains did 1500 years ago. I'm sick of dealing with muslims with kids gloves. Besides this is America Ive seen flags burned here. If you buy it and want to burn it then its your right. Koran sales must have increased in anticipaion of this book burning.

Do we have any members from France on ATS? I know muslims have been reaking havoc over there Id love to hear there thoughts on this..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If the burning the sacred book of Islam and the flag of the United States of America does actually happen it will fuel even more hate and animosity.

I am not too worried about what the USA might do but I am concerned what effect this will have on Islam.

I think Moslems would be way more inclined to seek revenge and retaliate.

Burning the sacred book of any religion is disrespectful (I am NOT religious) because you are actually displaying a contempt for the people who follow that religion (in the case of Islam...a whole culture).

Burning flags sends the exact same message.

This will solve nothing.

take care all
res

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

I think you're confusing Muslim extremists with regular Muslims...fyi, extremists are the minority, and not acknowledging that makes you a bigot

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

For someone who once desired to be a Nun, you sure are quick to judge. Who are you to say he is satanic? In my mind, he is simply a misguided patriot looking desperately to find away to show his own hatred for the monsters that killed thousands on that dreadful day, via the whole religion.

We can thank all the loud mouths for his global coverage... Leave the man and his 50 meager followers alone and let them do their thing. Patreus and Obama should have just kept their traps shut and the Muslim wouldn't be so flared up like a giant roid.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join