It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Kindly reported by jpost....how nice of them. Of course, when 5 mossad agents were filming 911, Israel didn't tell anyone, but let's keep sending Israel more money. Some people are so programmed to be blind to what's right in front of them. Even if most of you consider yourselves as "good", you're still evil because you not only allow yourselves to be controlled but blindly follow them.

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree with you, thisguy..

To me it says they've won. That's what's wrong with this country today, we've pretty much lost are backbone,,(and a couple other things just below it !)

We are so scared we might offend the world, while the world is lining up to crap down our throat.
WAKE UP PEOPLE.

link   

Originally posted by VonDutch
Maybe he can delete a thousand e-book versions ?

LOL VonDutch!

I like the cut of your jib!

IRM

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Lol "radical muslims"? LMBO!!! if this doesnt prove the ignorance on both sides and the obvious hidden hand agenda which is instigating open provocation to "smoke screen" whatever new "terrorist attack" about to happen then i dont know what will..... oh yeah mosques converted in muslim airports lol and jews and christians claiming the same messiah ... but still arguing over whether this is his Christ's first excursion or second.... if you ask me the only religion of any significance is "Matrixism" lol

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Obama: Quran-burning plan is 'recruitment bonanza for al Qaeda' CNN link

A plan by a small Florida church to burn Qurans on September 11, which has triggered worldwide controversy, is a "recruitment bonanza for al Qaeda," President Obama said Thursday.

"You could have serious violence in places like Pakistan or Afghanistan" as a result of the proposal by the Gainesville, Florida-based Dove World Outreach Center, Obama said on ABC's "Good Morning America." "This could increase the recruitment of individuals who'd be willing to blow themselves up in American cities or European cities."

Then .. its in his PRESIDENCY DUTIES to STOP TERRY JONES ASAP
he will be impeachable if he doesnt do nothing to prevent US troops getting in more harms way

It's his presidential duty to uphold the constitution he swore to. It doesn't matter if it pisses off the whole world. The troops have been in harms way ever since we went over there shooting people. Funny how that works.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Cause: burn the Quran for 9/11 sentiment
Effect: this

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Reply to post by redmage

Burning anything isn't going to cause anyone to act out. It's just their excuse. These people are already wound up tight. If it isn't burning something or banning the burning of something eventually it'll be a sneeze or eye contact.

The LA Riots weren't caused by a ruling. They were caused by decades of tension. The ruling was just an excuse.

Maybe I'm mincing words and playing with semantics but my meaning is not contradictory.

At it's core I see it as a non issue as well. Just let morons be morons. Makes no difference in the long run. The violence that will come will come regardless of these events. All along there have been inflammatory individuals with their groups doing absurd things for bizarre reasons. The only real difference is the specifics of Muslim v. Christian is the "hot topic" of the day so any loner in a shack burning a book will be a headline and any Individual in shouting "death to America" and burning a flag will be as well despite the fact that the two idiots have been doing this consistently for 50+ years now.

The connection with the various supremacist groups in the US isn't only a factor because of the subject. There has a been a natural growth of these groups and some key leadership has come into power within the last decade that is intentionally taking advantage of the current hot topic of the day to solidify their cause. The neo-Nazi and Klan groups are much more effectual now. Having them split and broke. In the 70's actually served to increase their impact and their new heads are much smarter than the trailer trash hicks of the past. They have their own PR people now with hands in the media and are using every bit of their access to their benefit. It is t a stretch given the people I've spoken to and the meetings I have witnessed to expect them to be a serious threat to the stabilty of certain states and regions within the next 20-30 years if they maintain their course. Within a decade even if the economy continues it's decline.

Of course any change in power or direction could thwart this. They are unstable as is any group. Things need to stay on track for them to be successful. Making a big deal about this Terry guy is helping them out. It's not a cause. It's just another spike in the railroad. One that if played well by them will serve their cause well for years to come.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This "pastor" Jones looks like just another con artist to me, with a Bible and a polyester suit. If he didn't have this particular gig, he would be in telemarketing or something. We have a million of them in this country.

All he cares about is money and his 15 minutes of fame, like all most of these TV preacher types.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Donno why this is such a big issue. These people bought the Quran and they can burn it if they want too. It's not illegal and it's their right to do it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Watch this dude..he makes sense.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
an eye for an eye -Jesus- a book for a flag -Mossad- lol someones gotta get paid

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Since when does the American Flag symbolize the Intolerance of fundamentalist Christians?

Seriously... if they wanted to be ACCURATE with the dispensation of grievances... they could at *LEAST* burn Bibles, instead of US flags...

Get a nice little "Muslim Vs Christianity" War going on...

You know, like the one that has stretched back 1000+ years... or so I have heard.

And *AMERICA* is NOT synonymous with the kind of Hate Spawned drivel that gives us the Fundamentalist Christian...

I Mean.... I'm Not *AGAINST* burning the US Flag... because the flag represents the Freedom to Express oneself, without fear of State Sanctioned Reprisal... Which is what Flag Burning would BE.

But Burning the US flag, in response to some mouth breathing "Pseudo-Judeo-Christians" Burning your religious book is just silly.

Besides... the Qur'an and the Bible have a similar lineage.

Including Gospels by some guy named Jesus.

And other dudes, like: Moses, David, and some character who called himself... "Adam"

I wonder what Jesus, Mohammad, and Moses would think about their followers Screwing up their Message so badly...

“Do not say, that if the people do good to us, we will do good to them; and if the people oppress us, we will oppress them; but determine that if people do you good, you will do good to them; and if they oppress you, you will not oppress them”
-Muhammad

“Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence. Love others as well as you love yourself.”
-J.C.

The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I the LORD am your God.
-Leviticus 19:34

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."
-Talmud, Shabbat 31a

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
eye for an eye. . . blind etc.

meh. as long as that's all they're doing in their own country and not killing anyone.

Don't forget, your sons and daughters are in their countries, with guns and bombs, so you will see the ripple effects very soon...

Already starting.. Let the second phase begin, as systematic and religious warfare begins.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Muslims get their knickers in a twist over a cartoon. Heaven knows what this will do.
So what, they can burn the flag. Turn the other cheek. Who cares? Demonstrate superiority by not getting wound up about it.
That said, one would think that an American Muslim burning the US flag was demonstrating a desire to leave - go and live in a Muslim country maybe...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
At the end of the day i imagine bibles and western flags are burnt DAILY in the middle-east, yet when one pastor decides to burn a few Qurans all hell breaks loose. Its an indictment of how problematic Islam is (and for that matter ANY religion) is in modern day Western Society.

Every time something like this crops up, whether it be "offensive cartoons" etc, its pathetic and embaressing how a) the media hype up the event deliberately and b) how we get the typical reaction of Muslims in their droves chanting against the West because of some tiny, insignificant event.

I'm sick of this rubbish.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
At the end of the day i imagine bibles and western flags are burnt DAILY in the middle-east, yet when one pastor decides to burn a few Qurans all hell breaks loose. Its an indictment of how problematic Islam is (and for that matter ANY religion) is in modern day Western Society.

Every time something like this crops up, whether it be "offensive cartoons" etc, its pathetic and embaressing how a) the media hype up the event deliberately and b) how we get the typical reaction of Muslims in their droves chanting against the West because of some tiny, insignificant event.

I'm sick of this rubbish.

If it was insignificant, no one would die over it.

The question is: Is it worth it?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I had to laugh. Muslims to burn US flags

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Religious fanatics on both sides are acting like little children all based on irrational interpretations of books written hundreds of years ago when we didn't have 1% of the scientific knowledge we have now. It's like watching monkeys fling poo at eachother

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They've been burning the American Flag ever since the war started, nothing new.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

WOW!

The laughter I experienced from watching that video almost made this whole mess seem worthwhile.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join