It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by Ben81

I don’t think you realize the repercussions that would happen if Obama did that! I think it would really upset more people than you think here in the US. Thus causing him even bigger problems. Plus he has not committed a crime!

i dont think i realize ??????
its simply imoral and its testing our freedom of speech rights to the precipice limits
if Obama dont stop the burning .. it will enrage billions of peoples not millions ...
by taking revenge on the USA flag .. its like they know there is a dark entity within the USA gov
since the Gov represent the USA elected not the entire country
the anger wont be similar ... burning the Koran or the bible will anger billions of peoples
burning a empire bad foreign policie gov flag will perhaps tickles the Dick cheney kind of people
would you go suicide bomb yourself because your freedom of speech rights was spitted on ? ...
or because someone burned your country flag ??
thats the difference from burning a Koran to the world to see

edit on 9/9/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

www.jpost.com

Radical Muslim groups around the world plan to burn American flags in protest of Florida Pastor Terry Jones intention to burn copies of the Koran on the ninth anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks on New York's World Trade Center towers, Sky News reported on Thursday.

Anjem Choudary has called for the burning of the US flag outside American embassies around the world in response to what Pastor Jones is planning in Florida. Choudary claimed to have support from leaders of Islamist group
(visit the link for the full news article)

Such immaturity on both sides ... if there is a God (and personally I believe there is) ... he / she / it must be so damn proud right about now !

Children in the playground are better behaved ... PATHETIC !!!

Both sides should be made to sit on the naughty step ... that would just about be their mental capasity of understanding.

Woody

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I dont know but burning the Koran on TV ... this kind of event can literaly open the Pandora box
at least the other side didnt retaliated to their level by saying ok then lets go burn the preacher book the BIBLE

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Which is worse in this case, burning a bible or burning an American flag? The Pastor is both American and Christian.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't care, burn my flag.

Just don't get pissed when I torch yours.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

People can burn Korans and flags.

I still don't care when people do either.

Why is this still an issue we talk about?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
NEWSFLASH: They were going to burn the flag regardless.
It makes no use trying to appease them, so why even bother?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
I don't care, burn my flag.

Just don't get pissed when I torch yours.

Most Americans have the pledge of Allegiances before class right? Although it is routine i think you might feel a little more insulted then when they burn a Danish or Dutch flag for us..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I mentioned nothing about Muslims being voilent. I said retaliation which can mean anything you like, burning bibles or the apparent flag burning thats already going on. I'm not saying Muslims can't control themselves so why twist my words, but if someone antagonises you long enough some things got to give, and that most likely will come from the radicals, who don't represent the majority of the Muslim community.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Thanks, for that post, actually I wonder what our government is concocting behind the American tax payer people this days with mid term elections that all eyes are "once again" turn toward the Islamic nations

If people have not learned yet of how deceiving our ruling corporate pay elites are this nation is truly going to fall and fall we will.

Anybody that doesn't find all this news and attention to the Moron pastor Koran burning and the propaganda following the Islamic "world" response suspicious is truly blind

We are seeing the birth of yet another control conspiracy in the making flag attack for some profiteer entity to cash out with Americans blessing, just like 9/11.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

I agree... Burning our Flags can't hurt us...plenty of people in the past have done it... even our own people have in the past....

Sticks and stones....bullets and explosives may hurt....

but words.... flag burnings will never touch us

until we choose to remember it ...for status quo

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
who cares, let him burn the books. It's his right to burn books and he should be able to do so. I belive he is tired of america bending over backwords for muslims so i guess this is his way of saying enough is enough. let the fires begin. ill bring the smores

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"KABUL, Afghanistan – Hundreds of angry Afghans burned an American flag and chanted "Death to the Christians" on Thursday to protest plans by a small American church to torch copies of the Muslim holy book on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks."

news.yahoo.com...

Or it could bring more than just a flag burning....

We should Pray for our people over across seas...even if they aren't Christian...most Americans are lumped in with us Christians....

over there at least

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Ben81

People can burn Korans and flags.
I still don't care when people do either.
Why is this still an issue we talk about?

Usualy people with:
no respect of others
no principal basic values
close minded
freedom = do what the hell they want

will not care if a religious book followed by billions of people (we are 6 billions on earth)
is being burned on international TV
burning the Koran is like burning the Bible
i didnt read them .. but i respect the those holy books
since they have good part where they spread good intentions

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is just another subject where most americans are not involved at all with wanting to burn books and most muslims don't give a crap about burning flags.......so why are we talking about this again? why is the media pushing this so much?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Brooks and his group isnt the end all be all of this action. It's essentially binding every race and religion based supremacy group to a singular cause.

This isnt about Brooks and his group. It's much bigger than that.

Sorry, but this seems to contradict your earlier statements.

Why do those who would assume a violent reaction keep blaming Brooks for it?

Do you blame the woman with the short skirt for her rape?

And...

His little stunt isn't causing anyone to act out violently. It might be used as an excuse but it is not the cause. A lunatic acts violently because he's a lunatic.

First you say this action isn't going to cause anyone to act out, then you claim that it's some grand-binding-element for "every race and religion based supremacy group"; and that, because of this, it "has the makings of an international Helter Skelter".

That said, the above was really more of a rhetorical observation. Personally, I see that aspect as a non-issue. The only question I really have is "What's Christ-like about intentionally trying to offend others with one's actions?".

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
This is just another subject where most americans are not involved at all with wanting to burn books and most muslims don't give a crap about burning flags.......so why are we talking about this again? why is the media pushing this so much?

THIS is the question
why is the media pushing this so much ... ????
you got your answer right there

They are pushing it to be sure at least +20 media camera reporters will capture the moment for the world eyes
metaphoricaly speaking .. it will open the Pandora box
every muslim will go angry nuts about the fact they showed a burning Koran on TV for the world to see
Obama will later declare .. i reopen the Irak war .. we need troops there ASAP

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Let's assume for a moment that this pastor is sincerely following the words of his Lord and Savior.

Christ said:

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."(Matthew 7:12)

So, this pastor must want Muslims to burn Bibles.

Otherwise, he's a hypocrite who is violating this fundamental teaching.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
reply to post by Ben81

What I found interesting is how the MSM (i.e, jpost) is reporting this

Radical Muslim groups around the world plan to burn American flags in protest of Florida Pastor Terry Jones

Notice how the news print is not putting radical in front of name of Pastor Terry Jones. This news media is implying only the Muslims who are burning flags are radicals and not the Terry Jones.

Second important thing to note is why are Muslims are not burning Bible? I can only ascertain that by burning flags they are blaming U.S.A.

I think you need to look further. They are doing a special Bible urination and burning today in some places. Oh the outrage of it all.. Now, I wonder what would happen if you poured pig blood on the Quran and then burned it. To Islam, pigs are the worst thing you can do to them. Not that anyone would do that. That is disgraceful and disgusting. People should at least respect each others right of worship either way. But they do get to pss on the Holy Bible before they burn it, don't they.

I think as of Saturday, there's going to be a lot of sheep's clothing lying around as people understand and see the real world of Islam.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Muslims are supposed to respect the bible, even if they believe that it has been changed and is not the original message, it is still comes from the source of the same religion as they believe in. Burning the bible would be anti Islamic in my view.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join