It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The problem with freedom is it allows the madmen to run free...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

"Isn't that adorable?"

Yup. Always end the news-cast with something cute and lovable so that people dont notice what distorted garbage we just fed them.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

At least its better roling peace joints with the paper .... than the above statement
bye zig zag next time

i know both paper are thin ... but its not a reason to use them for joint ahahah you silly

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

A pro-family organization says it's hypocritical for high-ranking officials in the Pentagon to condemn a Florida church's plans to burn Qurans when U.S. military personnel burned Bibles last year in Afghanistan

Holy book burnings spark hypocrisy

Military personnel burned Bibles last year ???
i readed they did some nasty stuff with the Koran in Gauntanamo bay prison
so the detainers can talk ...

and yes i hope the pentagon condemn the burning Koran plan ....
it will proove us that the pentagon still have at least some common sense

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Shame on you! You used pages from God's word to
smoke.I know the pages were blank,but shame on
you anyway.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday publicly denounced an American church's plan to burn copies of the Muslim holy book Koran, calling it "a stunt that could greatly endanger our young men and women who are in uniform and incite suicide bombers."

Pastor Terry Jones has confirmed that he is planning to go ahead with the burning.

Obama: Koran burning could spark suicide bombings

what is he waiting for to unleash the army on this guy if he doest want suicide bombers on his presidency
because he didnt do anything ...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
c'mon...there are a hell of alot of people out there that love this stuff, this gives them the permission slip they want. the muslim radicals get their recruitment clips, the right gets their fear-mongering, the military keeps the money flowing in, the media gets it sensational stories, the radical christians and jews will get their retaliation clips. the rest of us caught in the middle of their insane playbook are the people that will suffer, as has happened throughout history..
this is why the majority of us should take these deadly radical religous nuts and put them all on some island, so like rabid dogs, they do not hurt the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
*Sigh*

A religious extremist is trying to combat religious extremism by being extreme. This will get us (k)nowhere.

Americans always get so riled up about flag burning. I would've thought you were used to it by now cause it seems to happen a lot.

The symbol of your country should be in your heart, not on a pole and made in China. So they burn a piece of coloured cloth to hurt you, because you let such a symbolic thing hurt you.

Strange that they will not be burning the bible. I would've thought this was the obvious retaliation. Maybe because they respect all religion and the word of God so wouldn't go this far? Unlike Terry Jones.......

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Stupid question. Are you guys condemning this because it's in bad taste or that you are scared?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday publicly denounced an American church's plan to burn copies of the Muslim holy book Koran, calling it "a stunt that could greatly endanger our young men and women who are in uniform and incite suicide bombers."

Pastor Terry Jones has confirmed that he is planning to go ahead with the burning.

what is he waiting for to unleash the army on this guy if he doest want suicide bombers on his presidency

c'mon, you think this will stop the radical christians from burning quarans??? ten more groups will pop up in a weeks time and start the burning all over again, where is the sheriff? the local police? the state governor? oh yeah..they are all republican right wingers, they love this stuff...better to blame it on a black democratic president.

i bet if it was fifty radical black panthers, those guys would already be tazed, beaten, and thrown in jail.

edit on 9-9-2010 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Are you suggesting that the president unleashes an entire army on one guy for doing something stupid? Am I reading your post correctly? And what pray tell are the ramifications for you Canadians if he does it? You seem to be so keen on distancing yourselves from us anyways.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You are right about a lot of what you posted.
As a christian,I am not a rabid dog.I am of
the feline persuasion,I meow,I don't bark!
If you rub my fir just right,I even purr.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My Opinion is that the pastor has a right to do what he wants, I am not saying that I agree with it, just that it is his right. That being said, how many time have you watched on the news or some media that has shown the US flag being burned, or one of our citizens being beheaded?

If they are that upset about it, we should use it as a tool. Tell them every time they commit a terrorist act, we will burn a Koran for each person injured. Make it up to them wether or not the book gets burnt.

link   
reply to post by jimmyx

if Obama decide to Arrest the guy
the news will be welcomed by worldwide leaders
since he was to first ones to do that publicaly speaking ...i think many MSM will be there to show the images
it will be on TV to the world eyes

the only solution is to arrest Terry Jones
it will represent a GOOD action even if other groups will try again later to replicate his hatred
the worse will be over ...if he is arrester

link   
So a crazy pastor burns the Qu'ran, and they burn American flags in return. I think it would make more sense if they burnt the Bible. Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

Are you suggesting that the president unleashes an entire army on one guy for doing something stupid? Am I reading your post correctly? And what pray tell are the ramifications for you Canadians if he does it? You seem to be so keen on distancing yourselves from us anyways.

Im a north American just like you my friend

i went to NC all the way from Montreal (2 days of driving)
i simply love the USA its beautifull .. peoples are very kind ....i went to your country more than a dozen times in my life and i have enjoyed each trip .. it help me practicing my english since i always work with English people
now im mostly binlingual French and English

the world might be small because i saw so many Quebecois in NC
we love the USA so dont say we are distancing from you ..we only hate certain of your policies
Stephen Harper our prime minister is chained by the USA which is chained in return by Israel
Canadians cities are like Americans cities by the way .. except sadly we dont have any Crackel Barrel Restorants and Waffle houses

we have similar policies within our Governements
but everything else is beautifull (both countries)

Edit to add : i was exagerated for the sending the army
2 peace officers will do the job
or any federal agents

edit on 9/9/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I don’t think you realize the repercussions that would happen if Obama did that! I think it would really upset more people than you think here in the US. Thus causing him even bigger problems. Plus he has not committed a crime!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Personally I think its pathetic, all this anger over what???

Consumer goods made at a profit for corporations...

If they were burning the "original" quran, or some historic American flag, I could understand the rage...

But both sides are just burning mass produced articles, who cares???

The Qurans are just ink and paper, probably printed in the same factory that made the flags...

There are more things to worry about and things like this get blown out of proportion by the MSM...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What else is new. They've been burning American flags for years.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wonder why the Muslim community has chosen to ignore/leave alone the Westboro baptist church who has consistently attacked the Islamic faith and even blasphemed their prophet?

blogs.sparenot.com...

Kind of a double-standard?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join