It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The only thing I see wrong with burning the Koran is that it MAY potentially put US soldiers at risk. But besides that I don't care too much, honestly. Let him. Freedom of speech. It's not illegal and he has every right to. Is it morally wrong? I don't know.

And this bit about the radical muslims burning US flags... they've BEEN doing that!! To me, it's not so shocking because I already know they hate the West. Do YOU know that? You should. They do inflammatory acts against the US and the west all the time, burning effigies, US flags, shouting "death to the west" but Oh No! Gasp. A FL preachers gonna have a Koran bon fire. Let's all lose our minds!

Don't think they wouldn't burn the Torah or the Bible... they would gladly do so. Anyway, I'm sure if you dig around a bit, you can find that people have already partaken in the act of burning korans.

At the end of the day, it's just a book. Better to burn that than something else, you know...

edit on 11-9-2010 by zeldazonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
hey if were at war with islamic people then why don't we just show it? make internment camps for the duration of the war like in WWII? america has softened into a bunch of closet case whimps in my opinion. if we didn't have so many laws, there would be a LOT less people crowding earth gathering to whine about a christianic witch doctor hellbent on having an anti islamc weenie roast

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

They are at fault....if they did not react in the way they have in several similar situations (insulting their religion) then this worry of violence as a means of retaliation would have no basis.

I agree this guy is dumb but you people seriously need to wake up. I'm speaking from someone who knows many Muslims and is engaged to one. These people are not your friends and they do not consider you their equals. They are taught this crap from birth. So sick of this "it's a big conspiracy to hate Muslims" bull crap. They hate you, that's the conspiracy.

It's like no matter what they do, no matter how many acts are committed, all you say is oh it was just a person and the religion was not the cause. Really, that's funny because I doubt they would have committed those acts had it not been for their religious beliefs. 9/11, 7/7, Madrid, Bali acts were all inside jobs carried about individuals just to make the world hate Muslims. Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

that is just a scare tactic by the MSM. They want you to fear muslims and they want another 9/11 too happen. People everyday desecrate the bible or the qu'ran. I hear the papers are soft when you wipe.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

this satanic preacher can only have dark intention behind this event .. and all of his supporters are spreading the lie... that its in their own legality and rights to do whatever they want --> FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Actually it is not a lie.
In the United States of America, THE CONSTITUTION guarantees us the rights to FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF RELIGION. This is what millions of brave men and women have died for and allowing a bunch of nutcase radicals to take these rights away, spits on the graves of all those who have given their lives in defense of those FREEDOMS.

Just curious but where is your outrage for those extremists who have been burning the US flag for decades.. or who behead innocent women, children and the elderly for simply disagreeing with them. Or blow up schools so little girls can't learn to read? Where is your OUTRAGE for those things?

but the muslim showed their restraint .. they didnt say WE WILL BURN THE BIBLE ..
they showed a glimpse of respect there...

They've been burning bibles for years...ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? You didn't know that???

mgine if they would had released the statement burn the bible ....

You honestly believe this hasn't already happened? But we all know that if you burn a bible, you only burn a book and you can't burn or destroy the meaning in that book. Are the teaching of the quran so weak that it can't stand up to opposing view points? Is that why we all must die for even suggesting a different view point to the quran and islam?

Time to pick a side.
Either love FREEDOM or terrorists...which is it?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
Let's hope that all they do is burn a flag, it's only a piece of cloth at the end of the day and highly preferable to terrorist attacks that could follow.

Rev. Terry Jones = Radical Fundamentalist

Exactly.... ANY extremism, be it Jew, Muslim, or Christian is wrong.

It also amazes me about how worked up people get about flag burning.

First off its a protected right in this country
That symbol that so many people get so worked up when its burned is probably made in China
That some feel that some guy in a third world country burning a piece of cloth 1000's of miles away will somehow spell the doom of our country.

Really we have bigger fish to fry.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Yes .. i wouldnt be surprise that someone somewhere burned some religious book (Koran or the Bible)
but they didnt burn it in front of billions watching the news and the pictures

i have also heard many stories that the Koran was desagrated by interogator at the Guantanamo bay Cuba prison
to break muslims prisoners to answer questions

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
Let's hope that all they do is burn a flag, it's only a piece of cloth at the end of the day and highly preferable to terrorist attacks that could follow.

Rev. Terry Jones = Radical Fundamentalist

Exactly.... ANY extremism, be it Jew, Muslim, or Christian is wrong.

It also amazes me about how worked up people get about flag burning.

First off its a protected right in this country
That symbol that so many people get so worked up when its burned is probably made in China
That some feel that some guy in a third world country burning a piece of cloth 1000's of miles away will somehow spell the doom of our country.

Really we have bigger fish to fry.

You make an excellent point. Let's use that same logic and apply it to quran burning.

First off its a protected right in this country (so is quran burning)
That symbol that so many people get so worked up when its burned is probably made in China (again same with the quran)
That some feel that some guy in a third world country burning a BOOK 000's of miles away will somehow spell the doom of THEIR country.

Yes I can work with your logic. Good points !

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Yes .. i wouldnt be surprise that someone somewhere burned some religious book (Koran or the Bible)
but they didnt burn it in front of billions watching the news and the pictures

You mean like this?
www.associatedcontent.com...

or this
justifythis.blogspot.com...

well you get the idea. There are plenty more examples.

i have also heard many stories that the Koran was desagrated by interogator at the Guantanamo bay Cuba prison to break muslims prisoners to answer questions

There is no proof but I do believe this is probably true. So what? Again is it ok for these same extremists to blow up schools? Behead innocent people? Fly planes into buildings? etc.. but when it comes to burning a freakin quran...whoaw that's where we get upset...REALLY?????? What type of F'ed up value system is that???????

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I guess you dont beleive in the 9/11 truth movement
Bin laden was a muslim traitor associated with the mossad and the CIA

why would the most powerfull man in the ME Saddam Hussein
living in a huge country .. the US were able to catch the guy in a 6 foot small hole
but they cant find Bin laden who have a 25 millions bounty on his head that live in bigger holes ..(caves)
its been 9 years now .. and you beleive that the mighty USA cant even find the guy who started all this
FISHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY story
everything was well planned before 9/11
The planes hitting the towers .. i would have swallowed the story
but both towers falling down shortly after the hit ... IMPOSSIBLE

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

I guess you dont beleive in the 9/11 truth movement

Not really.

Bin laden was a muslim traitor associated with the mossad and the CIA

He's not the only terrorist.

why would the most powerfull man in the ME Saddam Hussein
living in a huge country .. the US were able to catch the guy in a 6 foot small hole
but they cant find Bin laden who have a 25 millions bounty on his head that live in bigger holes ..(caves)

Couple reason. The primary reason is that bin laden is being protected by pakistan.

its been 9 years now .. and you beleive that the mighty USA cant even find the guy who started all this
FISHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY story

I don't believe in the Hyper-competent government hypothesis.

everything was well planned before 9/11

Yes the terrorists planned out 9/11 pretty well.

The planes hitting the towers .. i would have swallowed the story
but both towers falling down shortly after the hit ... IMPOSSIBLE

Actually not at all. It's called global structural failure.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i think if they just put the koran in a kleenex box then it would wipe up more than stinky cheeks. the koran may even be used to stop sneezes from getting into the air. it may even pick up doggy turds from the floor, wipe your little terrorist's nose before building his own twin snow towers before tackling them.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
What burn USA flags. Death to the outfidels. Kill them all, make them pay for this outrage !!!

Of course I'm joking, but I think some might actually get the point !

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Clearly seems some sort of fear mongering. They wanted this to happen. They want some nut job to attack this nut job then say ''oh look how crazy these muslims are''...Reality is, and this just PROVES there are nut jobs on both sides. I bet this priest is sitting there counting the hits on his video hoping to get some viral fame

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Wow Terry Jones really incited the hate
his message have passed
he didnt had to burn any Koran .. he gave the idea .. that was his plan

another Koran burned page by pages

Quran burned at WTC site

and in London the US flag was burned

Radical Muslim Protesters Burn US Flag Outside Embassy in London

If Terry was never brought to the world eyes
im sure that many Koran Us flag and the bibles will have not burn that much in quantity

that why we need to be carefull before we give somebody a free 15 mins fame on CNN
people will react in different ways to this 15 mins

edit on 9/12/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The whole thing is a joke. Several people burned the koran yesterday, some even stood in front of the WH and tore pages from the koran. Where is the msm coverage? Where is the outrage from the animals in the middle east? Where is the speechs of condemnation from our own traitorous government? Seems they (the msm) stirred up a hornets nest and then failed to deliver the news. Did the governement get to them, because they have proven time and time again they (the media) don't have a conscience? Does this mean we are seeing wholesale censorship? Wouldn't surprise me.......

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Did the governement get to them, because they have proven time and time again they (the media) don't have a conscience? Does this mean we are seeing wholesale censorship? Wouldn't surprise me.......

Very interesting thought here. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me either, but oddly I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I detest the idea of censorship, but I also hate the idea of major networks giving air time to hate mongers.

I suppose they can pick and choose what they consider news. Maybe they "decided" enough was enough.
...........Or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I strongly suspect the bottom line for Jones is he is broke and he needs to come up with cash very quickly or lose his church. He admits in a deposition that his congregation has decreased in recent years, telling attorneys that he currently has a congregation of about 50 people - whereas he had 100 people when his congregation was at its largest. Some current estimates place the number of members at 30 persons which is hardly enough to support any church.

God has no part of Jones' plan. Jones' plan is the Terry Jones plan and it was the reason why his old church in Cologne Germany fired him. His motive is as earthly, worldly and as old as humanity itself - craven ego, greed and avarice. Terry Jones has figured out the magic formula to get every self loathing zealot nut job in the world to send him money --- Get on every TV, radio, newspaper and web site and plead for like minded idiots to send money. There is no doubt that several hundreds perhaps thousands of new "members" have sent in their tithes to pastor fake doctor of theology. So far over 900 fans and potential donors have joined Jones' book fan club and virtual church on Facebook. Jones' International Burn a Koran Day on Facebook has a staggering 15,000 fans. I wonder why Jones' Facebook and YouTube sites have not been shut down because all of them violate the sites' terms of use prohibiting hate speech.

9/11 Burn a Quran day motivated by Terry Jones' greed, money & avarice?

Well ... that explain a lot of Terry Jones...he never really wanted to burn a Koran
since he his a coward .. he wanted attentions.. and others peoples to do it in its place
now he have thousand of fans who will support his church of hate and will send him a lot of cash
is that it ? or he have something else in his mind .. a more bigger plan ?
time will tell us ... i hope i never see that man on TV again

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well ... that explain a lot of Terry Jones...he never really wanted to burn a Koran
since he his a coward .. he wanted attentions.. and others peoples to do it in its place
now he have thousand of fans who will support his church of hate and will send him a lot of cash
is that it ? or he have something else in his mind .. a more bigger plan ?
time will tell us ... i hope i never see that man on TV again

Again, SO ????
What you're just not getting is that this idiot has the right to do it !
and if you say he doesn't, whatever his motivation, you are saying the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION no longer has any meaning and all those men and women who died to protect it, have now meaningless deaths.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join