It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They burn the flag all the time. They think this time its different? The only difference is their mask portraying the Religion of Peace is falling apart. I don't care who they pray too. As long as they don't force me to obey their religion which is happening in America Today. Our Government now says you can't say anything bad about the Muslim Religion. But it is fine for them to burn the Bible, the Flag, behead people who don't believe in Islam, and our Government does nothing about it. Liberalism gone astray. Stopping them Now and getting rid of our corrupt government officials is the number 1 priority at this time in America.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandmannc40
They burn the flag all the time. They think this time its different? The only difference is their mask portraying the Religion of Peace is falling apart. I don't care who they pray too. As long as they don't force me to obey their religion which is happening in America Today.

No, it isn't.

Our Government now says you can't say anything bad about the Muslim Religion.

No, they haven't.

But it is fine for them to burn the Bible, the Flag, behead people who don't believe in Islam, and our Government does nothing about it.

The government has not prevented this guy from Burning a Koran. So your point is nonsense.

Liberalism gone astray. Stopping them Now and getting rid of our corrupt government officials is the number 1 priority at this time in America.

What does 'liberalism' have to do with the General in Afghanistan saying ### like this will put troops in harms way?

Methinks there is a seriously concerted effort going on on the innernets to muddy the waters on this issue and what a wingnut Jones is.

Oh, and he was run outta his last church by his own congregation:

edit on 10-9-2010 by justadood because: fix quotes

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
reply to post by notsoperfect

I think you misunderstood me. Perhaps I was unclear with that post, I'm not always the best with words.

I agree, there is a HUGE difference between burning books and killing innocent people. What I am saying is that this burning of books is being made out to be a huge deal, with many calling it a crime and that the guy should be arrested because of the response the Muslim world would have.

I'm saying it is hypocritical for everyone to be so upset about this "offense" when actual lives are being taken by those Muslims claiming to be offended.

So, General Petraius is a Muslim, now? The numerous Christian and Jewish churches who have condemned this are muslims?

You seem to be intentionally avoiding the fact that A LOT of people are not happy about this idiot. The attempt to pretend that this is about Muslims vs Christians is disinfo. this is about stupid people annoying smart people. Jones is stupid.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
So whats new, how many decades have these scumsuckers been burning American Flags anyway?

yeah! how dare they burn a flag that represents deceit, murder, and hypocrisy!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hi all,

Dunno, but seems to me that if flags are all their burning--cool (kinda First Amendment right). If and when they go beyond that, it's, as I've suggested years ago, time to hold their Country of Origin responsible -- yes?

Decoy

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ahhh, remember when book burning was an anti 1st amendment action? Here's the problem. Flag burning. I think anyone who burns an American flag is trash. You don't burn the flag. You don't burn copies of the costitution. YOu don't burn copies of the Declaration of Independence.

A rogue preacher wants to burn a Koran(what an idiot) and those offended by it want to burn a US flag. Now if they started burning King James Bibles that would be on par. But burning the flag is another statement entirely.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
British flags being burned, American flags being burned... All made in Taiwan... Someones getting rich from it hey?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Burning a flag is pathetic.

A wise man once said, "If you want to make a point, wash the flag not burn it"

Anyway to my American friends i wouldn't let it annoy you.
Most of the flags of the world are made in China anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yeah, tell them if they burn American flags, it was made in China anyway so that just means more money for China.

It would be nice if protesters overseas got as upset about stoning women or honor killings and beheading people just because they are christian as they do over burning a book. I guess they have to have their priorities straight.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

I disagree, with freedom the people will snuff the madman as long as their is a set of rules to follow, kind of like the U.S. used to when it referred to the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. When people and gov't believe and govern as "All men (People) are Created equal, common courtesy and a place worth living prevail. Sort of like the U.S.A. used to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Good lord, I figured the man was a nut job, but I had no idea of the extent of it.
He's an obsessed lunatic.
Thank for the info.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This should have not surprised anyone on these forums, I thought it would be automatic.
I'll be frank, Book burning is out of style. He should have burnt an ebook.
I wonder if he ever thought about how Jesus him self is quoted in the qu'ran.
but to him it would all be blasphemer anyways.

Lets just leave it at, he is on par with the horror that is Sarah Palin.
All I can say is, we are better than this. We should be way past the concept of burning litreleture.
But as all the muslims are saying, you are burning paper not the message that is portrayed by the qu'ran

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip

I wonder if he ever thought about how Jesus him self is quoted in the qu'ran.
but to him it would all be blasphemer anyways.

Well, that would require him having even a modicum of understanding of the book. I mean, he doesnt have to have read it, but maybe knowing that Jesus is one of the most-quoted prohets in the Qu-ran might be helpful to his cause.

Of course, he's just an ignorant rube who has bought into the false dichotomy Mr Bush and his CIA friends have fueled for decades wherein we are in a "Holy War", even though its ALL funded by the Godless CIA and their bizarre motivations for instability in a region that is resource-rich.

You would think on a 'conspiracy' website where people believe that 9-11 was an inside job that we wouldn't have so many mulism-haters who still seem to think "we" are at war with a religion.

Oh, and Pastor Jones was run outta town by his last congregation:

www.spiegel.de...

Last year, however, the members of the congregation kicked founder Jones out, because of his radicalism. One of the church's current leaders, Stephan Baar, also told the German news agency DPA that there had been suspicions of financial irregularities in the church surrounding Jones.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

who cares? does burning a flag really bother you that much? maybe you should go burn some flags of middle eastern countries, maybe it will make you feel better. where do they get all of these american flags anyway? are there a lot of walmarts in the middle east?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I also think this radical priest with a tiny following is mad, as in looney!
Dont we have enough trouble already?
Why put our own troops in more harm? Is he nuts?
Of course he has to be.

Not so worried about flag burning- THAT we can deal with.

edit on 11-9-2010 by dgtempe because: Afterthoughts

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The muslims can burn and mutilate the bible all the want, so too the christians with the koran, but at the end of the day, what had they achieved? NOTHING!!!

The bible, the talmud, and the koran had survived for centuries. Burninig the books means nothing. KILLING everyone will achieve something - the total destruction of humans who only comprehends and seeks to follow divine teachings for a peaceful if not harmonious life of Earth. Kill them all and peace will return on Earth - with no humanity left.

Burn by all means. To only play 100% into the hands of those who seek to divide us - brothers and sisters by divine creation.

It sends a signal of radicalism on every sides and sheeps will only follow accordingly, even if achieves nothing - utter stupidity and an unbelievable waste of cerebral tissues we humans had been gifted.

The folly of it all on ALL sides.....sigh....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip

But as all the muslims are saying, you are burning paper not the message that is portrayed by the qu'ran

Where are you getting all Muslims are ok with burning the Koran? They are going ape#### over the mere threat of it, just like they do about lots of other things when people criticize, make fun of their religion. It really is a problem that they go psycho over non-believers burning it or making fun of their religion. Not very thick skinned, just thick-headed, IMO. What's even worse is that some in the West consider this acceptable behavior to want to kill people for burning a book, WTF people!?!?! They are enabling that kind of behavior.

You know how those wacky Muslims act..........

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
You know how those wacky Muslims act..........

Yup, the wacky ones burn American flags, Bibles, and Jones effigies while the majority say things like; "you are burning paper not the message that is portrayed by the qu'ran. ".

edit on 9/11/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So, random idiot with a bad mustache and a dwindling church decides to burn some Ko-Rans.

The media gives him MUCH attention, and some prominent people in the Gov't, military, and numerous faith agencies mention that thats a stupid thing to do.

And the internets EXPLODE with people claiming it's 'muslim extremists' at fault here.

Hmmmm..........

I'd call that mis/dis info any day.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Yup, the wacky ones burn American flags, Bibles, and Jones effigies while the majority say things like; "you are burning paper not the message that is portrayed by the qu'ran. ".

edit on 9/11/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

Please show me the evidence of the major mosques in the Middle east giving Eid sermons to that effect. Show me how well that worked in Afghanistan with the "majority" sermon.......

BTW, I am not speaking of Muslims in America, they are for the most part like you say Moderate, just like for the most part Christians in America are.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join