It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Why don't they urge Saudi Arabia and other Moslem countries to allow to build Christian churches in their country instead of trying to make a room for Christians to pray in their Mosques in Manhattan.

This sounds like a hypocirtic gesture of extreme measure.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by pavil

It is an issue that deeply concerns people in the US for sure. 911 was not very far ago. And tomorrow is 9-11-2010. There are families still suffering from the loss of their family member(s) by the 911 attacks. I don't think this is a hype. It is a very legitimate and important issue of America today.

It's not. It's some whacko that wants to burn some books. It's only become an issue because the media continually talks about it non-stop.

I would bet there have been other churches in the U.S. that have burned Korans and we never heard a peep about it from the media.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

I think you misunderstood me. Perhaps I was unclear with that post, I'm not always the best with words.

I agree, there is a HUGE difference between burning books and killing innocent people. What I am saying is that this burning of books is being made out to be a huge deal, with many calling it a crime and that the guy should be arrested because of the response the Muslim world would have.

I'm saying it is hypocritical for everyone to be so upset about this "offense" when actual lives are being taken by those Muslims claiming to be offended.

Burning books doesnt even compare and yet those extreme muslims won't be punished because their countries and faith promote it or at the least sweap it under the rug and turn a blind eye. Egypt is a perfect example. Where is the global outcry to stop these murders? Yet we are worried about books, and an accursed one at that IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Those countries aren't exactly renowned for their freedoms, are they? I kinda thought we were, and I thought that was the reason the muslim extremists (and apparently christian extremists too) don't like this country, and the melting pot it is supposed to be. I guess maybe we should set up a few mile buffer zone around bombed abortion clinics that churches are prohibited from being built on, in order to be sensitive to the families who lost loved ones in those clinics? Since apparently the actions of the extremists now speak for the entire religion...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Rant removed

edit on 10-9-2010 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Please do not underestimate the symbolism of burning books. Those killings in Egypt and other Moslem countries can be traced back to the teachings of Koran. It is not just burning a bunch of papers. The symbolism of burning Koran is in the condemnation of all the killings by the followers of the teachings of Koran which is the book written from the inspiration of Mohammed alledgely received from Allah.

This is the real and truthful form of the freedom of speech. It is the symbolism of condemning the evils and its practitioners.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Let's make sure to be fair and include the bible's many calls to extreme and cruel violence as we throw our stones. I'm not against the burning of the koran, I just think the bible, the torah and pretty much all other books of organized religion be burned as well, to symbolically announce that mankind has ditched those ancient books of men controlling other men, and embraced god/gods within their own souls, WITHOUT putting a name on them and requiring others to do the same.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You may think I'm picking and choosing out of the many different teachings in the Bible. But without the teachings of Jesus himself, the Old Testament can not be a part of Christianity. It is not correct to include those parts as if Jesus taught the same. Remember he was killed and he didn't kill others or ordered his deciples to kill the non believers.

And that was his ultimate untold teaching. And many people do not realize it as a teaching. And all of his desciples have met the same fate except John.

Now, Mohammed teaches his desciples to kill the non believers. That's the fact. And that teaching is written in Koran.

If you love humanity, peace and freedom, you can not allow Islam to limit your freedom to tell the truth. It will be the end of humanity as we know it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's my understanding that Jesus taught against organized religion, and men being placed above other men in religious heirarchy. I personally believe that those who decided to worship him after his death do him a disservice, as I believe based on his teachings, that he would not want to be worshipped, just appreciated. I do appreciate the teachings of Jesus, and other men who try and get mankind to live in harmony. We could realize SO much more of our potential as a species if it weren't for organized religion, IMO. And to reply to your last comment, I don't let radical islam affect me in ANY way. I don't really care if this fool burns the korans, I just think he's doing it to get attention. Jesus would NOT have thought it was too cool to burn a book just to piss somebody else off though, that I'm sure of.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Jesus did whip the ass off of those people called "money changers". But it can hardly be called a violence.
It shows he does and can get upset upon seeing evil or the sources of the evil. Why would he not burn the book of Koran if he sees how evil that religion is? For fear of being killed by the extremest Moslems?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No, because regardless what many try and say, there ARE good and decent muslims, lots of them. Regular folk like you and I who happened to be brought up in a part of the world where islam is the dominating religion, and put that name on their spirituality because that's all they know, like many here in the U.S. do with christianity, but are not heartless murderers. Jesus would not have pissed on the beliefs of ALL those good people, just to try and get back at a small percentage of extremists. I believe he would not be that petty and it's an insult to him to think he would. He would bring the fight directly to them, as with the 'money changers', IMO.

edit on 10-9-2010 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm talking about the fundamental philosophical structure of Islam. I can see through the evil nautre of it while you can not. Nothing comes from coincidences. I can see the Catholic church has pretty much corrupted the original spirit of Christianity. But it can never become like Islam with the book of Bible open in their hand. There is nothing in the Bible that justifies the actions of the burnings of the witches.

But Islam can be such an evil organization with their book Koran open in front of your face. You can get killed by not believing in it when your neighbors are full of them. There is no freedom of religion in Islam.

You just do not understand what it is. You can get killed by those ruthless Moslems and there will be no one crying out for you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Words truly can't express how ignorant and hypocritical the ideas you're putting out come across to me, personally. I know you don't care, and that's fine. I've made clear my position on organized religion, the majority of them are evil, IMO. I'm not standing up for any organized religion, just the good people who get caught up in them, who want so bad to do the right thing, but are so gullible they're doing the exact opposite. That goes for christians AND muslims. You're all wrong, IMO. Go ahead, and continue your crusade against the evil, scary 'moslems'. Maybe one day the religious fundamentalists will all kill each other off, and mankind will begin to truly progress out of the dark ages where people murder each other over what other men have told them god wants them to do. Have fun with that.

edit on 10-9-2010 by 27jd because: spelling

edit on 10-9-2010 by 27jd because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm burning maps in protest of GPS. Join me. Get out those old Atlases, the ones with the roads in the wrong place to fool the Nazis, and burn them!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I'm burning maps in protest of GPS. Join me. Get out those old Atlases, the ones with the roads in the wrong place to fool the Nazis, and burn them!

Only as long as you are merely protesting the EXTREMIST GPS's. We have to send a message to them that America doesnt need digital directions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
this religous matter has new world order written all over it. i say burn the koran. were at war it's time for our country to act like it. the 9-11 anniversary may be tomorrow but i think america is still a third world country decadent in its ways.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is only one of many Muslim outbursts that have been overlooked by the MSM in favor of a nobody preacher who can get them viewers/readers and push THEIR agenda.

This is from 2007. Where was the MSM or ATS outrage?

Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a Catholic school and convent in Gaza.. Crosses were broken, a statue of Jesus was damaged, and prayer books were burned.
Gunmen used the roof of the school during the fighting, and the convent was "desecrated," according to the community’s pastor.
Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well who didn't see this happening? So I guess radical Christians never thought that when you fight fire with fire, that it has the potential to create more fire?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

It's a damn sight more than a piece of cloth. Many Americans died and have been maimed and everything else that can be done to the human body fighting and making this stinking world a better place,represented by this "Piece of cloth". These wide eyed hate filled animals are getting so sickening to see every time they get their feelings hurt. These bastards are animals and a symbolic burning of their Jihad manual proves this. Bibles and other religious books have been been disgraced
over the years but only when these lawless animals get AN E THING that doesn't go their way they go ape Sh*%. They ain't special but they are different. Instead of eliminating them we just back up a few more steps. I for One am sick of it and we in America had better grow some balls, organize , and when we see more then 3 of these sickos in one place kill their asses dead! I don't need the bible or any old 70 year old so called religious leader to tell me to strap on a bomb and get even..I'm one who fought for the "piece of cloth" you so lightly dismiss and I know how to handle these Rabid humans. I'm sick of having to run for the hills to be safe. Kill'em all and let God sort them out!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I, as an American Christian, would myself have gone and stopped Terry Jones from burning a Holy Book.

Muslims may burn our Flag, but I have never seen them burn a Bible, or Torah, or Sacred Scroll.

Terry Jones is WRONG!!!

He could start WWIII thru his actions.

1 bad egg in America.

Not all Muslims are bad, Not all Jews are bad, and not all Christians are bad.

But it only take 1 Idiot like Terry Jones to spark up a bunch of crap.

This guy signed his own Death Warrant. And his "Church" is non-demoninatial, and only has 30-50 people.

Are We, USA Citizens going to let this jerk start 1 and a 1/2 Billion People be attacking us?

This man should be arrested for citing Hatred, Illegal Burning, Threat to the Community, Mental Illness, Inciting Riots -- which would have occurred -- or will, I could list more charges.

God will punish him, so we don't have to.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join