It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason The Military is Worried About Koran Burnings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

This article just came out. I know it doesn't reflect the entire military but this is one of the reason why it's so intense right now. That and who knows what. If this thing gets out the people of the middle east some might side with the terrorist. It will be very bad for the whole war effort.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Ignorance_Defier because: Forgot to add info

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
THE BOOK OF ELI!!!!

Has anyone seen the book of eli? Do you remember what the book of eli is? The end of the world happened, because of a religious battle! The book of eli was the last bible known to be remaining in the world. It's the last one because all the rest were burned...... This is starting to sound familiar..... hmmm..... maybe we are meant to burn the koran, maybe its already written. Maybe this is destiny.... or perhaps, the biggest mistake this world has ever seen.

edit on 9-9-2010 by xxshadowfaxx because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This did not just come out, I read it in the newspaper (this EXACT article) about a month ago, and I'm in New Zealand.
The reason the military doesn't want the koran burnings to happen is because radical islamists are fricken lunatics. They will go mental, not unlike a chimpanzee, when these burnings take place. They will rage out of control because someone burnt a storybook that they like so much.
These people are truely fricken moronic and the world needs to see the absurd reactions of these radical dummies when their precious storybook is disrespected.
It's the do-gooders and terrorist-apologists that need to WAKE UP to the FACT that radical islam is a serious serious threat, to the world, and radical islam will NOT treat those do-gooders kindly.
ANY group of people who get violent when something they believe in is disrespected is not worth recognition. I sincerely hope that this priest in Florida doesn't wimp out like a do-gooding pussy. Burn those korans, I know I will be. I bought one last night just for the occasion.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
THE BOOK OF ELI!!!!

Has anyone seen the book of eli? Do you remember what the book of eli is? The end of the world happened, because of a religious battle! The book of eli was the last bible known to be remaining in the world. It's the last one because all the rest were burned...... This is starting to sound familiar..... hmmm..... maybe we are meant to burn the koran, maybe its already written. Maybe this is destiny.... or perhaps, the biggest mistake this world has ever seen.

edit on 9-9-2010 by xxshadowfaxx because: spelling

Be interesting to see where on the timewave zero graph the Eli burning happened. See if it correlates with 9/11 2010

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

the article claims (also on michael moore's homepage):

The Army Times reported that members of the unit regularly smoked the drug on duty and sometimes stole it from civilians.

yet i can't find anything about this in the Army Times:

www.armytimes.com...
theyearindefense.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by primomofo

It's people like you that fuel this idiotic war of religions..

Extremists are in all religions, Islam, Christianity, Judaism etc..

The problem with this Idiot burning holy books is that the offence that it will cause will have a knock on effect giving the radical extremists more ammunition to recruit what would normally be peaceful followers, much in the same way that you subscribe to "Good Ol' Terry's" way of thinking.. do you not realise you are merely becoming an extremist yourself?

CX

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by primomofo
These people are truely fricken moronic and the world needs to see the absurd reactions of these radical dummies when their precious storybook is disrespected.

Some would say that anyone who would burn a book which you know will incite an extreme reaction and more relgious conflict...is truely moronic.

Burn those korans, I know I will be. I bought one last night just for the occasion.

I appreciate your views on Islamic extremists, but i fear you have just joined the ranks of the radicals by doing what you have just done.

CX.

edit on 9/9/10 by CX because: Edited to mend quote brackets.

edit on 9/9/10 by CX because: Spelling.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by primomofo

Thats crazy talk...These people are not yet as civilized as us in the west...

So you need to think back to our early history...

And thats scary,

Crusades killing thousands, burning witches etc etc...
Back then if someone burnt a bible they would probably torture and kill them and also the next 7 generations just to be sure....

Show some compassion, we need to teach them, not incite them...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I wonder what Barry Obama really feels aboput this burniong since he seems to have so many quote's from it

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
After reading that article about the US Soldiers
collecting fingers as trophies it just reminded
me of Viet Nam.

Some of the American combat veterans
would slice off an ear of the VC and add it
to a necklace around their neck.

And the VC would torture American
POW's and cut off their testicles
and other genitalia.

And what about the wild west where they
slice off the scalps of Indians to get a
bounty. And no, don't be fooled .... the Indians
did NOT start that practice, US Soldiers did.

Truth is, this kind of trophy showcasing
has been going on since the beginning
of time and it will continue despite this
article.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Most people seem to think that burning the Quran would be just like a Muslim burning the Christian Bible. While burning the Bible is a tacky tacky thing to do - it's just a book. However, in truth - the Quran is not analogus to the Bible. For Muslims, the Quran is analogus to Jesus Christ - so this whacko in Florida is not just burning some book - he's destroying the living, breathing word of Alah. So, in essence - this preacher is practically crucifying the Quran. It's important that we remember this distinction-even though it flys in the face of western thought. It's also important that we remember that notion that the Quran is the holy manifestation of Alah on Earth is not limited to so called "radical" Muslims. I'm pretty certain all Muslim's feel this way. His actions [the preacher in Florida] and those of his congregation could potentially be devistating to Muslim/Non-Muslim relations for years to come and that why we saw such an outpouring from religious leaders this week.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by primomofo
The reason the military doesn't want the koran burnings to happen is because radical islamists are fricken lunatics. They will go mental, not unlike a chimpanzee, when these burnings take place. They will rage out of control because someone burnt a storybook that they like so much.
It's the do-gooders and terrorist-apologists that need to WAKE UP to the FACT that radical islam is a serious serious threat, to the world, and radical islam will NOT treat those do-gooders kindly.
ANY group of people who get violent when something they believe in is disrespected is not worth recognition. I sincerely hope that this priest in Florida doesn't wimp out like a do-gooding pussy. Burn those korans, I know I will be. I bought one last night just for the occasion.

And so many US members cannot understand why the rest of the world might have a problem with them!

This member, this book burning, and this case of the murder squad collecting fingers are all indicative of why the US state has become a force for evil rather than good. You've never been the 'world police' you'vealways been the 'world mafia'.

It's time the decent majority of US citizens rose up against their evil regime. The levels of cognitive dissonance by your population are the highest in human history.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hadn't heard about these troopers. They were incredibly stupid in these politically correct times.

Trophy hunting has gone on as long man has fought one another. Fingers, ears, scalps, even heads; and the list goes on.

Their lives are now screwed for this stupid action. They will used as examples by the military.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I saw this guy in the BBC it made me cringe when the reporter asked if he believes he's doing it in the name of Jebus and he said yes without a doubt or something to that effect.

I understand the symbol of what is being done, it truly will further fuel rage especially of the extremist variety, giving them further a reason they can add to their distorted way of thinking. I wish it wouldn't and he would just die away in to the backdrop of crazy news stories, but of course it's the "touchy" subject of religion so KABOOM # storm ensues.........**sigh**

And of course somewhere I'm sure we'll find some reallitory measure which inevtiably will lead to more blood being shed

To me it's a book, it's printed on a press like any other book and only the human mind attaches the attributes of what that book is

I personally think people should just ignore it, he's obviously going to do it BUT and this is the big BUT why oh why do then people because they have seen this guy need to go out and burn the Qur'an

It's a freakin book made of paper and I'm sure it's available in digital format

Ask yourself that I mean why do it, why spend energy doing something that means nothing but a childish act. If you do it in your back garden as you stand over the fire with an evil chuckle shoulders in full swing as you twist your hands together I mean what does it do for you ?

It's like this, if I was walking down the street tomorrow and a foreign fellow came up to me and said:

"Hey english man you suck, watch me burn your #ty british flag in front of you, Ooooo look at me"

I would watch him, probably say he would need help to him in a gentle way and be off on my day not to give it a 2nd thought.

But then again I'm not religious or patriotic in the general sense
, I'm a human being born on Earth and just see things as I find them.

Regards,

Panda

edit on 9-9-2010 by bluepanda because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join