It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who likes fat women?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I understand what you are saying....it's like choosing to smoke, or use deadly drugs though.

We see the stuggles morbidly obese people go through and contend with to lose weight, and it becomes clear that for many people it's not a choice after a while, but rather an addiction which they would most likely prefer not to have.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Of course there is a difference in being a little plump, or even 20 or 30 pounds overweight, and being morbidly obese. Morbid obesity is 100 lbs. overweight, and places the individual at risk for disease and death. It's typically a food addiction, and is very hard to kick.

I agree.

When I go on about people being fat or being porkers, I am referring to those people that could easily attain a more attractive body, but carry too many ponds because they are too self-indulgent and lack self-control.

These people are fair game to have comments passed on them.

However, I wouldn't make derogatory comments about genuinely obese people, because I believe that they are the other side of the coin to those that suffer from eating disorders, like anorexia.

You'd have to be a bit of an arse to make unpleasant comments about anorexics.

Both excessive over-eating and under-eating are mainly psychological disorders, rather than physical ones.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So, IMO, obese people are taking an educated risk, just like all the others. I had an obese girlfriend once who told me that she'd rather live fat and short term than be an old, skinny, hungry, crabby person... She died... in an automobile accident.

Or, as a good friend once put it to me, 'I don't want to starve to death and live to be a hundred.'

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
When I go on about people being fat or being porkers, I am referring to those people that could easily attain a more attractive body, but carry too many ponds because they are too self-indulgent and lack self-control.

These people are fair game to have comments passed on them.

However, I wouldn't make derogatory comments about genuinely obese people, because I believe that they are the other side of the coin to those that suffer from eating disorders, like anorexia.

You'd have to be a bit of an arse to make unpleasant comments about anorexics.

Both excessive over-eating and under-eating are mainly psychological disorders, rather than physical ones.

I have never run across anyone else that believed that obesity and anorexia are two sides of the same coin, but that is, in fact, what I believe. There is a level of loss of control and addiction and other emotional issues around food and body image in both cases... And anorexics are also self-indulgent and lack self-control, just like the "porkers" you talk about.

But what I don't understand is that you said you'd have to be an arse to make unpleasant comments about anorexics, but fat people are fair game to have comments passed on them... You said you wouldn't make derogatory comments about genuinely obese people just after you called them "porkers". It's hard to distinguish what you actually believe.

If you or anyone is making derogatory comments to fat OR skinny people, I think arsery is involved in either case.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I have never run across anyone else that believed that obesity and anorexia are two sides of the same coin, but that is, in fact, what I believe.

The psychiatric profession certainly believes that anorexia and bulimia are different manifestations of the same syndrome. Obesity is, I think, a little more complicated. Few obese people are as obsessed and desperate as anorexics tend to be. Perhaps the morbidly obese, those who seem determined to kill themselves with over-eating, bear some similarities.

Leaving such extremes aside, I believe most men, even in westen cultures, are far more eclectic in what they find physically attractive than the cultural norm would decree. Evolutionary biologists tell us the big clincher isn't size (slim or rotund) but waist-to-hip ratio, because this is a good fertility marker. The ratio range gets the most ogles is 0.7 to 0.65. I'd link you to the study but I'm lazy.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I have never run across anyone else that believed that obesity and anorexia are two sides of the same coin, but that is, in fact, what I believe. There is a level of loss of control and addiction and other emotional issues around food and body image in both cases... And anorexics are also self-indulgent and lack self-control, just like the "porkers" you talk about.

I wouldn't say that anorexics are self-indulgent and lack self-control - at least, I don't think that they can help it.

I believe disorders like anorecia and bulimia are largely psychological, and you hear stories from former sufferers of these ailments, saying how they genuinely thought they were fat when they looked in the mirror, even so they only weighed about 5-6 st.

Clearly, if this is the case, then they are in a self-delusional state of mind, and consequently can't really be held to the same standards of a rational person that self-indulges and lacks self-control.

But what I don't understand is that you said you'd have to be an arse to make unpleasant comments about anorexics, but fat people are fair game to have comments passed on them... You said you wouldn't make derogatory comments about genuinely obese people just after you called them "porkers". It's hard to distinguish what you actually believe.

I'm using the colloquial usage of the word ''fat'', when I'm talking about people being fair game for having comments passed about their weight.

That is to say, people that pack a few too many pounds, but could easily correct it.

I'm saying that you'd have to be a bit of an arse to make derogatory comments about someone that was afflicted with anorexia, and similarly, you'd have to be a bit of an arse to make these comments about people who are clinically obese; genuinely fat.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Bulimia, Anorexia, and over-eating are all eating disorders, and can all be fatal.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My last girlfriend before I got married was an Australian lady. She was 4inches taller than me and overweight. We looked odd together lol, but she had a smile that just lit up a room and easy nature that instantly dissarmed everyone she met. Her heart was even bigger than she was and she gave that out to everyone. She really invested in everyone she met. She was sooo hard not to love. She left her mark on the hearts of everyone she ever met and I loved her.. Love her still with a deep never ending love that will never go away.. She continues to be the most amazing, beautiful, smart, funny and the most toughest women I have ever met.. She was taken fron me and there isnt a day that goes past that I dont think about her or miss her.. I was going to marry her..

Im happy with my wife, and love my kids, but I often wonder what if.. And yearn to find out.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I love fat women...they are so nice and cuddly

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
just followed this thread for a while.

first i have to admit, that every human being has the desire to be loved and that every human being has the right to be loved no matter what shape the person is in.

somebody claimed that only a thin or skinny body can be fit - he really laid much focus on that.
in my life i have seen skinny people who haven.t been fit at all, they couldn.t coz they didn.t had the strength for it.
on the other hand there are people who are overweight but fit as hell – it.s quiet amazing.

so weight is not the key for being fit.

is an overweight person just greedy? no
sometimes they just don.t have learned to eat the right stuff.
or there are issues in their lives that keeps them away from eating the right stuff.
psychological issues or financial issues.

some overweight people are just poor.
they don.t have so much money for expensive fruits and veggies but they can afford noodles and potatoes.
high carb food that might make them overweight.

if we all would become a bit more compassionated of our fellow human than it wouldn.t be a problem if a person is overweight or skinny.

most people are misguided by fashion industry.
it is so much easier for a fashion designer to hang something on a skinny hat stand than to create proper fashion for curvy women.
that.s fact

so they sent size 0 models on the cat walk and make every woman from size 2 onwards feeling guilty.

it.s an industry and this industry goes along with diet industry.
people especially women feel guilty that they don.t look like the models (btw. the models don.t look like models in real life either) and so they start to lose weight ……
and an endless spiral has been started
lose weight - gain weight again - lose weight ………  we call this jo jo effect up and down up and down

i am not advocating overweight that might damage your health
i am just saying that there is a crazy industry outside that tries to manipulate everybody on this globe!

i am female who loves men
when i look at my female friends they are normal, slightly overweight and heavily overweight women, when talking to them weight is not a matter.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the ideal of beauty changes all the time
one time the curvy figures of rubens have been the standard.
marilyn monroe one of the sex symbols of 20ths century wouldn.t get a model job these days since she is overweight in their eyes.
but where is the man who didn.t love her at her times?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Wow...this thread's still going?

I'm not gonna take the PC approach and tell a nice little lie; I'm not sexually attracted to the larger ladies. I'm just not. Go ahead and boo and hiss and call me a shallow, bigoted, fataphobic Über-Nazi. It's not true, but I know at least one person is thinking it.

Done yelling at the monitor?

Okay, allow me to retort. Sexual attraction is a significant part of a relationship, like it or not. Sure, personality plays a part in sexual attraction, but (again, like it or not) so does physical appearance. If I'm not sexually attracted to a lady, that relationship just isn't going to work out and I'm just not turned on by the larger ladies.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with being big. That's fine. As long as you're happy with yourself, I'm happy for you. But I don't have to be (or pretend to be) attracted to anyone just for the sake of Political Correctness © .

If you dig curvy gals, that's great; if you are a curvy gal and happy being so, that's great as well. Just don't expect me to compromise my sexual desires to accommodate you or slander me for refusing to do so. I'm not a bigot; I don't hate anyone; just because I don't find you attractive doesn't mean I thing you're a horrible person.

Neither I, nor anyone else has to find anyone sexy.

Thank you for your time, and because I know there's still probably at least one person out there who thinks I'm the reincarnation of Hitler because of my above statements:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4153bc5be54f.jpg[/atsimg]

Haters gon' hate and I'm just gon' keep struttin'.

-TheAssoc.

edit on 12-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: Skinny chicks rock!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My reply to you OP is "who likes skinny women?"

To your question and to my question the answer is the same: many do.

Now ofc when you get past a certain degree that is not just natural anymore, i think it is safe to say that only weird fetishists like the looks, but this still doesn't mean one could not like them for their personality.

Some quick google imagery to illustrate the difference:

big
beautiful
not so beautiful

skinny
beautiful
not so beautiful

edit on 2010-9-12 by above because: removed possibly offensive semi-nude pic

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I don't think anyone will hate you for that! you didn't spew about, insult or look down on anyone! and that's what I think has riled a few people including myself here! nobody says you have be attracted to larger people, not at all! but respect is something everyone deserves and nobody should be looked down upon because of something like that!

Nothing wrong with what you said at all!!!

edit on 12-9-2010 by valiant because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
After looking at the above pictures... I would have to say that my idea of "curvy" might not match up to the definition that others have!

I'm thinking more along the lines of Jennifer Tilley, or Anna Nicole Smith (pre-human-trainwreck stage).

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
everyone has "rolled a fatty" even if they won't admit it. i know i have.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey OP, I like 'em a little chunky. Fat girls try harder. They need a pretty face though, that is a must. And they're better cooks too, bonus.

And when I say "a little chunky", I don't mean the ones where you can't tell where the boobs end and the belly begins, yuck.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I sure do. My wife is thick and curvy and sexy as hell. I actually prefer her to the skinny type. Their pelvic bone grinds painfully in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Sheesh! Sensitive much?
Or maybe just a case of, someone protesting to much, eh?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
To answer the OP...I dunno is the heavy girl in question a cutie?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join