It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic peace??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
One of the advantages of being clueless is that you are confronted with things, on a daily basis, that really don't make any sense.

I really know nothing about Israel and the conflict that is going on over there. Today somebody explained to me that the Gaza-strip in under the control of Hezbollah but the West-bank has something that is know as "economic peace".....

Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but can somebody explain to me how on earth it is possible that two groups, that are at war with each other, can not find peace based on basic ethics but are able to find peace under the construct of money??

Isn't that like two children fighting with each other and instead of separating them and explaining why you shouldn't fight (you know, explain the ethics behind "if two people are fighting, two people are to blame. etc). You end the conflict by giving them candy. I agree that those two kids will stop fighting but the reason they started fighting will remain. When the candy is gone, the fight will continue....

Am I missing something?? Economic peace?? Why do I get the feeling that this a contradiction...??

(!!! this thread isn't about Israel, Palestine or anything connected to it, it's the term "economic peace" that has me puzzled !!!)

Peace (non-economic, that is)

join