It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New research shows vitamin D slashes risk of cancers by 77 percent;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Cancer industry refuses to support cancer prevention!

www.naturalnews.com...

'Exciting new research conducted at the Creighton University School of Medicine in Nebraska has revealed that supplementing with vitamin D and calcium can reduce your risk of cancer by an astonishing 77 percent. This includes breast cancer, colon cancer, skin cancer and other forms of cancer. This research provides strong new evidence that vitamin D is the single most effective medicine against cancer, far outpacing the benefits of any cancer drug known to modern science.'

'This research on vitamin D is such good news that the American Cancer Society, of course, had to say something against it. An ACS spokesperson, Marji McCullough, strategic director of nutritional epidemiology for the American Cancer Society, flatly stated that nobody should take supplements to prevent cancer.'

That figures. The American Cancer Society and the FDA are not interested in makeing people healthy. They want us to get cancer. They need us to get cancer. Why? Population Control and Money!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this information to everyone's attention.

Here are a few more articles about the importance of vitamin D (by Dr Mercola):

'Important Vitamin D Update':

articles.mercola.com...

'Avoid Flu Shots With the One Vitamin that Will Stop Flu in Its Tracks':

articles.mercola.com...

'Breakthrough Updates You Need to Know on Vitamin D ':

articles.mercola.com...

'Valuable Insights Into the Importance of Vitamin D and Sun':

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Ummm, I've known that for years, ya know, SUNLIGHT???

The thing the anti-cancer counsel has been telling everyone to avoid??
Slip, slop, slap, here in OZ...

I've said before, they should remove the word "anti" from their name to avoid false advertising lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths the acs will go to keep the money coming in. How many potential cures have the shot down, or refused to get behind? They only care that money is coming in, and not about helping the people who really need it. this is good info. I know it sounds crazy but vitamins and minerals are good for you. eating healthy is good for you. revolutionary ideas.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

There's nothing revolutionary about this...

It's just a healthy lifesyle. Eat well, excersise and yes, get out in the sunlight.

For years now here in Australia its been a huge push to pretty much avoid the sun altogether...

I called BS back then and let my kids play in the sunshine...

Most schools here still "demand" a child wear a hat at playtime...

What a crock I say

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Sorry i think you are wrong about the slip slop slap we have the highest rate of skin cancer in the world and some very hot days with extreme UV radiation especially around 12-2 and when you think about it the original people of this land are black and the majority of people are white so there skin is no up to scratch considering also this country is mostly desert

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A daily dose of Vitamin D from sunlight is ok but like 'Freedom' says skin cancer from too much sun can be a problem. It's just like the vitamin supplements. All in moderation...

I work overseas in Northern Africa where I am now and at the moment the temp here is 40 Deg C. Couple of months ago it was +50 Deg C. That's a wee bit too hot for me.

So a little exposure a little at a time is ok. Best to do would be to mix supplements with sun exposure.

My doctor said I had a higher blood pressure than normal and recommended I take pills to reduce it. No way I'm taking Big Pharma's poison. So here's a link to take down blood pressure:

www.naturalnews.com...

'High blood pressure isn't a disease, it's just a noticeable symptom of a physiological imbalance with a biological cause. One of the most common biological causes of this symptom is a mineral deficiency.

Specifically: Potassium.'

Yep I'll go with that!!

top topics

join