It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Ad: Twin Towers Should Have Been Shorter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by silo13

this close to 911

It's been nine years. How long do you need?

People you don't know took down some buildings in a place you've probably never been. How long do you intend to be angry about that?

ouch! UH, we can be as angry as we want until they answered all the questions that are un answered. Though I gues losing loved ones 9 years ago is no big deal.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
BTW: Your welcome! in regards to giving your country back to you after two different world wars in 100 years.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were a major player in how your country came to form!!!! They can whip you in that argument any day! lol

You helped as much in their freeing from Nazi control to be fair.. Which would have happened anyway, also to be fair.. But sorry.. Bringing it up is pretty ridiculous at this stage.

But still.. Have to love the way you guys view it.

Of course.. The USA completely won WW1 and WW2. Eh..? Hahahahahahaha..

Ye did fund half of them though.. Thats something to be very proud of.

I love the perspectives on this site. Really gives a good impression on the schooling of history in some 'Areas'.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Oh I see, you can dish it but you can't take it

Your very first opening post says it all as to who might need to take a self examination.

It's been nine years. How long do you need?
People you don't know took down some buildings in a place you've probably never been. How long do you intend to be angry about that?

If you start off with assuming you know where the OP is coming from using such disregard for her reasons for not taking the ad as humorous, then guess what? There will be a reply that you too will feel is not to your liking.

Responding to "why are you angry?" with "don't judge me!" shows a mental disconnect.
I truly question who is mentally disconnected here.

Btw, she is 1000% correct. Don't judge her! Maybe asking her a few questions would have been the logical thing to do but instead, you assume and you know what that means, lol.

Please take into consideration pain can be disguised as anger.

I feel it's wrong of you to pass judgment on someone simply because you think what happened nine years ago is in the past.

You have a lot to learn about tragedies, PTSD, 'mental disconnect", not to mention, how to approach others when they feel the opposite as you feel. Take into consideration you may not always be right either.

Thank you,
sl

edit on 10-9-2010 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

noonebutme, throughout your posts you show the mentality of someone who will "go with the flow"

So when the majority decides it's ok to be rude, heartless, disrespectful, you will too? Throughout your posts that is exactly what you are saying.

I u2u'ed you yesterday to explain why I couldn't reply to your post in a timely manner, I also added that I would apologize to you
but I see you haven't read it yet... maybe I messed up on your name when composing it

I do apologize if I hurt your feelings. I don't however apologize for quoting you, what you said in your earlier posts showed such a disregard for ALL human life, I was shocked actually.
I'm glad you took a little time to explain your reasoning's for kicking aside the death of people and I hope I can catch and stop myself when I stand in agreement with the majority even though I don't agree with them in my heart.
Thanks,
sl

edit on 10-9-2010 by sweetliberty because: (to clarify)

edit on 10-9-2010 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yay! It's OK to make ads about people dying!

So that means the next few ads from this company we will see in the Learn to Anticipate series will be:

a) A gorgeous picture of the Indonesian coast line with a big 30 foot concrete wall built and a tsunami wave just off shore.

b) An ariel view of Haiti still in pristine condition, like no one ever lived there.

c) A nice picture of houses on stiltes in Pakistan, as the flood waters rage underneath. And pretty little walls built to keep the waters out of their crops.

(sigh & giggle) what a great marketing campaign!!!

Sarcasm folks.......

See how easy it is to minimize human life with dark humor?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
In my opinion this is really sick and lacks respect and compassion for the dead and their families.

Do you get that upset by automobile ads showing cars speeding, or cars speeding in movies? As over 10 times the number of people killed on 911 are killed every year, so since 911 more than 100 times the number of people that died that day have been killed on the roads.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Well, I tried to explain how I see things, which I do acknowledge I have problems in doing so.

I certainly do not hate people or wish anyone dead - my main point was to emphasise that the needless death of one person or many hundreds or thousands happens all the time, unfortunately. And how my mind works, albeit different from most, is that I don't know these people so there is no emotional response from me. If person X was alive yesterday and I didn't know him and dead today and I still don't know him - nothing has changed for me. So the deaths of the people in 9/11, while tragic and unfortunate, do not generate the emotional response that many of you people experience.

Of course I despise terrorism and oppression through violence - who in the right mind wouldn't?

That then goes to my initial point of why dark or distasteful humour/jokes resonate more with me than perhaps you guys. I'm not saying, nor would I ever say I find the death of people funny. It's the *absurdity* of a genre of joke within the context of the tragedy.

Sort of how paramedics who have to clean up the remnants of the body of a person who jumped in front of a train. My cousin was a police officer who had to help out with that gruesome task and all the people could do was make dark, morbid jokes, one after another. It wasn't because they thought it was funny or truly hated the person - it's a common humen reaction to the general, everyday atrocities in order to stay sane. I think the majority of people feel the same, some just hide it better than others.

I mean, if you can't find time to laugh at how absurd human life is, in all its best and worst moments, you'd go mad, wouldn't you?

EDIT : And no, my feelings were not hurt. Let's say I'm..."thick skinned" to say the least.

edit on 10-9-2010 by noonebutme because: oopsie

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thanks to those who U2U’s me asking for a response to this thread, that yes, I let slide.
I was going to answer it but honestly became so disgusted with the ‘finger pointing’ and the ‘Assuming’ I just walked away from it.

Why walk away? Because when others refuse to deny ignorance sometimes I choose to let them wallow in their ignorance. I can’t change them.

It’s unbelievable to me (or rather too believable looking at the sources) - that a couple of participants in this thread would attribute my ‘anger‘ and ‘never getting over it’ to my having suffered a personal loss. That if I’d suffered a personal loss, such as a loss of a spouse, ‘that’ would be acceptable.

What a bunch of CRAP.

EVERYONE in the USA has suffered a personal loss because of 911.

NO US CITIZEN should ‘Get over it’.

NO ONE CAN HEAL - until we get the TRUTH, until we return to the FREEDOM we HAD pre-911.

What did we loose?
What should make every single US citizen ANGRY?

Let me just list a handful of things.

The illegal invasion of Iraq and war against Afghanistan in direct correlation with the false flag of 911

Patriot Act I and II

Body scanners

Constitutional FREE Zones

DESIGNATED FREE Speech Zones

Need I list more? I don’t think so. If the above isn’t enough then there's no hope at all, not one little bit, for the ignorant(s) who say ‘Get over it’ - ‘It’s time to heal’ - etc. Talk about a bunch of sheep lining up for the slaughter.

Get over it?

You’ve got to be kidding me.

CONSTITUTIONAL FREE ZONES? ‘DESIGNATED’ FREE SPEECH ZONE IN THE USA???

If that isn’t enough to make you angry, then in my opinion, you don’t deserve to be called an American.

So for those who way ‘get over it’ - to ‘heal and move on’?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14b14b0d0fc8.jpg[/atsimg]
‘Bahhhhhh bahhhhh’ said Dolly the cloned Sheep’.

peace

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Well your comments are actually worse than the French ad. I lost friends and co religionists. Why should we forget? It was a damn "Kennedy is shot moment"! But perhaps you are French!

On a different note.

The problem I feel is that modern advertising seeks to be "edgy" and "hip" hence this assinine advert. Advertising is the profession of fools.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Let me just list a handful of things.

You do realize that these things you're listing were largely enabled by public shock and anger over 9-11, right? If people generally viewed 9-11 as "not a big deal" then none of these things you're complaining about would have happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join