It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revelation of John & the 3 Dimensions of Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
(The ‘conspiracy’ element of the following information is that it is being specifically ignored by the Society of Christian Philosophers because to acknowledge it would seriously threaten the foundations of Christian theology; and, thus, the jobs, the wealth, the pensions and the health insurance of the Christian philosophers.):

The First Seal represents the non-dualistic consciousness Created ‘by and in the image of God’ (Genesis 1:27); which is referred to in the Buddhist/Eastern esoteric tradition as the “observing consciousness”; the existence of which is also implied in the teaching of J. Krishnamurti as well as by Wilhelm Reich in Character Analysis.

And, because this dimension of consciousness is both ‘prior to’ and ‘outside of’ time altogether, it is through this dimension of consciousness that is Revealed the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7), the revelation of the memories of previous lives (described cryptically by Jesus as the “angels in heaven” in his argument with the Sadducees in the Gospel of Luke), and all Prophecies of the future.

The Second Seal (and the “beast of the sea” of Revelations 13:1; see, also, the opening passages of the Second Meditation of Descartes: “I feel as though, all of a sudden, I have fallen into deep water…”) represents the consciousness of the “self”/“not self”, which is the first aspect of the ‘fallen’, dualistic consciousness; and which is referred to in Genesis 3 as the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil”.

The Third Seal (and the “beast of the earth” of Revelations 13:11) represents the consciousness of the ‘thinker’, the second element of the ‘fallen’ consciousness, which is also symbolized in Genesis 3 as the ‘fig leaves’ of thought (and echoed in Saying #37 of the Gospel of Thomas) with which Adam and Eve covered themselves after realizing that they were naked (‘selves’).

(More specifically, whereas the “observing consciousness” was Created ‘by and in the image of God’; the ‘fallen’ consciousness is self-created: the “self” ‘self-reflecting’ itself into existence, and the ‘thinker’ ‘thinking’ itself into existence.)

The Fourth Seal refers to the manifestation in the space-time reality of the duality, conflict and violence created by the ‘fallen’ consciousness, particularly in opposition to those with a Knowledge of Truth.

The Fifth Seal represents the suffering resulting from the violence of the ‘fallen’ consciousness against those who have both a Knowledge of Truth and a direct experience of the consciousness Created ‘by and in the image of God’.

The Sixth Seal represents the annihilation of the ‘fallen’ consciousness; that is, the utter and absolute collapse of both the consciousness of the “self” and the ‘thinker’, which is a crucially necessary pre-requisite for the receiving of Revelation.

The Seventh Seal represents the Knowledge Revealed through both the Vision of the “Son of man” (referred to as the “Night Journey” of Mohammed in the Quran) and the Revelation of the “resurrection”, consisting of the Revelation of the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I have exceeded the time limit allowed to edit this post.

But I find it quite interesting that the 'fallen' consciousness is referred to as the 'fallen' consciousness...

And that Descartes says "I feel as though, all of a sudden, I have fallen into deep water..." in his description of the first aspect of the 'fallen' consciousness: the consciousness of the "self".

Michael Cecil

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire opening post]
Quoting - Please review this link

edit on 9/9/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: quoting entire opening post

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The feeling of being "in water" may be the feeling consciousness that is a step in entering a meditative state, where you become aware of your body as a "feeling mass".
I would be a little suspicious of so-called ancient texts purporting to be authored by famous men of old like Pythagoras. I think there was a lot of later writings trying to gain prominence by having connections like that, just as we find in books of the Bible, with names attached that are of persons who could never have actually written them.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
The feeling of being "in water" may be the feeling consciousness that is a step in entering a meditative state, where you become aware of your body as a "feeling mass".

Well, sure. But it is much more serious than that.

Just read Descartes. He is on the very edge of psychosis and the complete collapse of the consciousness of the 'thinker' and the eruption of the archetypes of the 'unconscious'; which, by the way, also threatens the entire paradigm of the scientific method.

This has quite dramatic implications upon not only the scientific understanding of human consciousness; but, also, on the efforts of the religious 'authorities' to understand Revelations from the frame of reference of the consciousness of the 'thinker'.

In fact, these are merely two aspects of precisely the same problem: placing the preservation of the "self" and the 'thinker' higher than any other Moral value including both the Moral Law and Revealed Truth.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

. . .the following information is. . .being specifically ignored by the Society of Christian Philosophers. . .
Did you submit a paper to this society? Just wondering, and you don't have to answer that, but what would you expect? Your reasoning concerning motivations may be correct, plus there would probably be other factors in addition to the ones you listed, such as not being able to make good use of being in such a society, if they were not being praised for having the good sense of following the accepted view of things.
These points are a little daunting to the average reader like myself and requires me to do some research just to know what you are talking about, so you should not be surprised by a small amount of response to your thesis, but I would not account it to lack of interest or of a principled objection by most normally prolific posters on this forum.
Taking a couple looks, and a superficial analysis, I would have one quibble at least; so if Revelation should be taken as a guide to advancement within a person, then it would fall into the category of gnostic literature, I would think. What seems to disqualify it to being so lumped, to me, would be the utter astonishment that John experienced, so that he may have been considering the whole thing as some sort of bad dream. So I am looking at the sequence of events indicating that John knew a little bit about things, then had a vision that had a lot of information, but no real method of finding a meaningful understanding of it all. Then a gradual enlightenment over a few months to where he could even make determinations about what parts to include in the book he was preparing to pass it on to others. This seems the opposite of how the ordinary gnostic type of writing would come about. So, I guess what I am doing is calling into question your conclusion, or maybe I should say, premise, though I am not able to right this minute discuss all the fine points of your "information" due to my temporary ignorance of a lot of what you bring up.

edit on 10-9-2010 by jmdewey60 because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Did I submit a paper to the Society of Christian Philosophers?

Absolutely....

(Much of the original version is included on my current website, including the videos of 2001--A Space Odyssey and Matrix Revolutions; but I have also made several additions since then.)

Just prior to the outbreak of Operation Cast Lead--resutling in the mass murder of civilians in Gaza by the Zionists--in late December, 2008.

The response I got from the annonymous reviewers was that my argument had no citations to other researchers or evidentiary basis, or some kind of nonsense like that.

I explained to them that the Source of my explanation of the Revelation of John was both the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Revelation of the "resurrection" (including the Revelation of the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives).

They were unimpressed and under-whelmed.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

In other contexts, I have explained that the Revelation of John consists of fractal Prophecies, similar to the 11th and 12th Chapters of the Book of Daniel.

Those descriptions consist, simultaneously, of states and experiences of consciousness as well as Prophecies of occurrences in the space-time reality. Sometimes these two different aspects are weaved so tightly together that one part of a sentence refers to one dimension, and the very next part of the sentence refers to the other dimension.

And this changes over time in accordance with further changes in consciousness as well as events in the space-time reality. So, it is both a Gnostic work and a Prophetic work.

Fulfilling the desires of the consciousness of the 'thinker' to want to know what is going to happen next in the space-time reality, the Christian theologians and ministers and televangelists have made at least tens of millions of dollars focusing exclusively on the Prophetic aspect of the Revelation of John, having no Knowledge whatsoever of the Doctrines and the Teaching that is being conveyed by those Revelations.

That is the classic sign of a false prophet: someone whose only concern is events in the space-time reality; but without any direct Knowledge whatsoever of the Revelation of Truth and the whole issue of the origin of human consciousness and the origin of the 'fallen' consciousness.

Michael Cecil

new topics

top topics

join