It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'01 Saturn Security Light Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hello, All - Figured that someone here might know what the problem with my car may be. Sometimes, when I try to start my car, the security light will start blinking for about 10-15 minutes. During that time, the car will not start at all. The engine turns over but it just never starts. Sometimes, if I have the AC on and then turn it off (while the light is blinking), the security light will actually stop blinking and the car will be able to start. It's an issue my entire family cannot figure out. Also, when the light starts blinking, a noise occurs near the rear of the car that sounds like some sort of a pump or something (my dad says it might be the fuel pump). So, I really am at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I would definitely check the fuel pump, but before that the fuel filter. Either the filter could be junked up, or the fuel pump isn't capable of putting enough pressure up to force it forward to the engine. I would start with the filter first. Hopefully, you won't have to drop your tank to access it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
When I first bought the vehicle, my dad and I replaced the fuel pump first thing...So, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but I will definitely try to see what I can find. I'll also explore the other part you mentioned. A guy that works at a local gas station here said that his Camaro did the same thing for some time until he took it to an electronics shop and spent about $100 to get it fixed. I was hoping I didn't have to do that. Also, something funky about the light is whenever the security light starts blinking, it could take up to ten minutes for it to start again OR sometimes if I tinker with the headlights, air conditioner, or windshield wipers it seems to get the light to stop blinking and the car will then start. Like I said, you can hear the fuel pump or something in the back of the car doing something when the security light starts blinking but I cannot be sure what the heck the problem is. Thanks, though, for the ideas.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Security issues on GM vehicles almost always involve the ignition lock cylinder(not switch-seperate item). The cylinder has a sensor built in. Have replaced hundreds on chevys,pretty sure Saturn is similar. If possible check codes in the body control module. If lock cylinder issue will have a b2960. Good luck.

Edit to add. Leaving the key on for ten minutes, or untill the security light stops flashing will relearn the system. If that is what happens it is the theft lock sensor in the cylinder.
edit on 28-11-2010 by JMech because: (no reason given)

top topics

join