It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wager in the Effort to Return Manufacturing to the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Let's take a simple example. Would it be possible to build a TV entirely in the US? Labor, parts, and all? My wager is it is no longer possible.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Bless you, whoever you are, and let's help make it possible again.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

It is not a question of can, but a question of cost.

To figure out the cost to produce a specific size and type of TV, which would be the best indicator, you will likely have to factor in the cost of various hypothetical manufacturing plants and/or processes. Even if you did your due diligence and research into this, it would still be at best a decent guess as to the cost per unit.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The question is not could we build a television here. Of course we can. In fact I am sure we could do so totally relying upon "in house" technologies and parts.

The actual operative question is could we do so for less money than other markets can?

The answer to that is presently "No." because Americans are simply not going to work for two dollars a day and no benefits.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The cost, and what it should be, and the cost per unit, and what it should be, was originated by Bush Sr. and Bill Gates and China in the infamous meeting televised globally back in the days. Clinton carried the flag with NAFTA and other equalizing measures. The American 'worker' as Obama fondly calls us, should not make more money than a Chinese communist nor a S.A. entrepeneur. 'That was the plan, man,' Nagin...Mayor of New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
parts imported + cost of property to build plant on + cost of dis+ labor cost+ ins cost+export tax= no way will it happen till?? free rent, no ins cost, free labor, no tax... then maybe.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Americans have traditionally been the world's customer. Forgetting the customer base, forgetting who your customer is = global meltdown. The customer pays the bills. If the customer has no job and therefore no money to buy, who pays the bills? What is the point of manufacturing anything in China or anywhere else when you have no customer? Help me out here.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'll build you a TV.

If you help me design into it a feature that will cancel out Extremely Low Frequency Radio Waves.

As well as any other Electromagnetic Polluting Interference that you can.

My requirements...The Cabinet would have to be made out of American Grown Wood.

A Copper Coil would be encased in the cabinet.

The remote Control would be Encased in American Grown Wood as well.

All wood to be hand finished, laquered, and one of a kind.

All electronics would be certified surveillance free. As Benjamin Franklin would have done.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

It's not going to happen. I was in tool and die for 10 years. Before this I had never drilled a hole through steel, and I felt like I was being taken in to a coal mine. Zionist culture, mtv cribs, brad pitt's $10,000 cargo pants and all...

Now I hold the experience I had as being responsible for heightened consciousness, not to mention the respect and exactitude I have over my working tools. People will only think 'Hitler' arbeit macht frei and all. Besides, the bolshevik zionists from russia won the war and have taken over the states. I'm thinking of settling elsewhere.

The roof is starting to creak and pop from a different angle. Guessing the control satellite is over to the north right now.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Yeah How About that Nafta. What did Bill Clinton say....something or other about creating millions of jobs
and Increasing the standard of living......oh yeah he conveniently left out the part that that would be for the rest
of the world. NOT the U.S.A. But that's fine for him, Chelsea just had a 2 million dollar wedding in this quicksand
economy. They could afford to Spend THAT much money on a wedding that very well may end in divorce.
Well it is perfectly clear who Nafta benefits. And it sure isn't you and me.

Boy I guess their honeymoon will be paid for with the kickbacks from the repeal of the Glass-Steagal Act.

I hate to be disrespectful to our leaders, sincerely, but how else am I supposed to be.

I can't even afford a new pick up truck. And they spend 2 mil. on a wedding........ Shameful and Pathetic

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Davidmann what are you talking about? It could be a high end limited market TV. Focused for the "top of the
food chain" consumer. Sure I know as far as mass produced TV's that will never happen as we have a minimum
wage here in the states. Speaking of that, you know I have heard many businessmen say that the "Unions"
Destroyed the manufacturing sector, but in reality even at minimum wage, we couldn't compete with the so
called Communist Slave Labor. The traitors only used that as an excuse. The actual reason was profits.
Maximum profits for the few, at the expense of the many. So now we are traveling back in time to the days
of serfdom, sharecroppers, oligarchy, massive usury and unrest. Unfortunately, wars and Bloody Revolution
will follow. Rest Assured. Make no mistake about it. It is only a matter of time. Because the only way to get
those who think it is Gods will that they hold all while the majority suffers, is to ...well read history.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I have this theory that slavery will never be efficient enough to last. Once people work an honest day the increased blood circulation wakes the brain up, and it makes it harder to control them. A sedentary culture is ideal.

Your work with tools holds valuable lessons. A hardened drill bit will drill through anything, but drop it and it shatters. Shows efficiency leads to monoculture, which is unable to bend for the unexpected change. GM crops is a great example.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

See, you are basing it on the bottom line of an old system. Try this:

en.wikipedia.org...

With an entirely new economic system cost is no longer an object.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join