It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes God May Abandon Us While The Devil Taunts Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Today I saw a documentary on the History Channel entitled "God Vs Satan" where they talked about the battle between good and evil. How initially Satan was a steward to God, his main purpose being to test and challenge the human race. But throughout the literature of Christian Jewish and Muslim faith there is a maturation of the Devil from steward to independent entity, from the tester of Job's faith to enticing the manifestation of God, Jesus Christ, with the kingdoms of the earth to a fully formed head of the kingdom that is to combat God and his forces during the End Of Days.

It would seem the Devil has served God faithfully until it was time to branch out on his own and inherit his own personal destiny. He had worked hard, achieved promotion after promotion to finally be master of the earthly systems of power, and all only to be labeled the "evil doer", the "worker of iniquity", the "deceiver". Simply because he had a vision for his life that his parent didn't agree with. I don't know about you but perhaps he deserves a victory in the end. How many of you have had a parent or other family member try and limit your potential because of difference of opinion? In my opinion this is one of the most aggravating things in the world because the young should be empowered not held down. We are all individuals, we deserve our freedom.

I'm not a a devil worshiper, I am not a kook. It just makes sense when you think about it. The devil may trick people a lot, lure us to stimulate of senses creatively, and help us with finding freedom for ourselves but you have to ask yourself one question. Are these things really that bad? I think weak people blame the devil for far too much as it is. It's like, you have to take some personal responsibility sometimes. Deny Ignorance.

edit on 9-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I liked the article I read a while back. It discussed the differences of Satan in Judaism and Christianity.
While Satan is the villain in Christianity. In Judaism Satan is God's angel and he does what God commands of him. I.E. Satan has no free will so how could he rebel God?
www.beingjewish.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The first reference is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory lol. I love it.

Not finished yet though...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Tell me when you're finished!
Second line lol

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I'm done!

It just makes so much sense, and incidentally a lot of the ideas I have been posting lately were echoed in that article. I suppose I should feel guilty being raised Christian, having had a completely different understanding of it, I haven't identified myself as Christian for a while but still. I don't know what to say, it just makes sense. I think it would be prudent for me to read a couple more articles. Heh. Thanks for the link btw.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

No need to feel guilty. There are numerous schools in the Christian religion. Christianity has changed a lot since it started. So however you interpret your faith live it and respect yourself and others!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
For any innocent bystanders interested in my thoughts:

It was said in the article linked above that, "Satan is merely an angel with a dirty job."

Yeah. I mean he does have to deal with people's worst intentions, the most lurid aspects of existence, diseased consciences... so on and so forth. He's the janitor for the paranoid schizophrenic psyche of the modern man. A psychoanalytic instigator of the criminal mind... I don't know I'm just making stuff up.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

He never abandons us. He does, however, allow Satan to send trials our way. All the while he's standing behind us, to catch us if we fall.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Cor 10:13

Take care.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
couple my favorites

I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Jesus never abandons us.

Satan's lure is offering the easy path.

Jesus guides us on the difficult path. Our path in life is supposed to be difficult. It is a test.

That is why a lot of people do not believe in Jesus. And it is why a lot of people follow satan.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

You know it isn't that simple.

What do you really think?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233 I think weak people blame the devil for far too much as it is. It's like, you have to take some personal responsibility sometimes.

They have to have an actual "person" to blame it on in the first place.. which is hat you're doing here.
To truly understand what Satan actually "is" ... is to let go of the toddler preschool storybook "external anthropomorphic" "character" concept of Satan...

and to deeply explore the actuality of what the character in the book symbolically represents concerning our psychology and physiology.

Satan comes from Shaytan which is hebrew for "adversary".

it is very simple really.

we are intellectual animals as people on this planet in primate bodies.
if we are to reach higher ideals, higher levels.. and into a more divine form...
..in order to practice what it takes to reach those higher levels..
.. we must resist certain negative animalistic temptations... which are presented to our mind by what?... that's right.. our BODIES...
like fight or flight instincts in situations that do not garner them...
or over sexing ourselves to the point where it's abusive...
or giving into addiction and habits.... anger.. resentment.. animal instinctual SURVIVAL methods of thinking that stem from animalistic behavior... sense of LACK.. scarcity.. trying to mark your territory.. competing with others for dominance... etc...

these all stem from chemical processes within our body's organic makeup.
it is up to our MIND to choose whether to follow their urges or not...

Satan.. "IS" our animal bodies... IT is what tempts us.

not some red skinned guy with a pitchfork outside ourselves..

but our animal body is represented in illustrations of Satan.. as a man with animal features ... which takes from the greek Satyr and the god Pan. a man with goats legs and horns and a tail and sometimes little bat wings.. just a symbol.. showing the human primate form.. with animal features.. telling you that this "character".. means... the IDEA of the fact that your body is an animal and it's up to you to choose to be tempted by it or not.

this is what Satanists understand satan to be.. and what they worship. so you think satanists understand satan more than christians?

i am not a satanist.

do you understand this a little better now?

this method of understanding your animal body can help enrich your life more than the preschool goodguy/badguy storybook action film "out side yourself" perception the public at large have only perceived it as.

since we're little kiddies.. we are taught stories and legends and watch cartoons and see story archs etc...
as we get older.. some people do not mature in their methods of perceiving ABSTRACT SYMBOLISM.
they just cannot do it.. and they perceive stories and legends the same manner as they did when they were kiddies..
some people learn to open their eyes and see stories as something a bit broader.. and full of metaphor and esoteric ideas portrayed beautifully through analogies ...allegory..

-

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

yes adversary and body is what I'm seeing too in my studies, are there any tools that help increase those accusations and what do you make of these

the next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

“ The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It's impossible for the Father to "abandon us".

He's omnipresent.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

How do you see G-D? When you think about it God is more human like then anything.
www.usbible.com...
www.usbible.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

How do you see G-D? When you think about it God is more human like then anything.
www.usbible.com...
www.usbible.com...

I see Him as declared in His word. One of those attributes is omnipresence. It's impossible for Him to "abandon" anyone.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I can assure you the bible makes no claim to God's omnipotence.

If God was indeed all-powerful than there is no way to reconcile the belief that we are made in his image.

Also, all human understanding of the creator goes right out the door as we will never be able to comprehend what it means to be omnipotent, we could have no relationship to God.

You should be aware that God DOES abandon us. Read the story of Job. Actually, God seldom makes is presence felt in the bible because he contracts all the dirty work to the devil and certain people we would label as "prophets".

You're understanding is some wide-eyed watered down transcendental cluster-fux that doesn't exist in the realm of human understanding.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I never discussed God's omnipotence in this thread, what are you talking about?

I said God is omnipresent, and with respect to this thread, that means He is in all places and dimensions simultaneously.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Arguing about characters that are only in the human psyche is pointless, all representations of our-selfs don't exist outside our-selfs.... God or devil who cares........................But lets say they do exist and this god, being the one, the nothing, who created the something, well then the first thing it says in that book is, let there be light. And as we all know the light bearer is his first angel, his first son.....Saying that what does it matter the disputes between a father and his son, no matter what form they take, I see it as nobody's business but theres. Don't humans have better things to do then argue over things they would never understand in a million years. But then again I guess if he made us in his image then god is as flawed as us, only on godly levels, and humans on human levels. All images are illusions, when we get bored or surpass one image that we hold as truth, it becomes a lie to believe in that image, its lost its mystery we see it for what it is, we begin to change the image, so as to not see it for what it is.... but what we want to see it as. Creating realities in our image.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
well St Padre Pio who lived in the 1900s had the stigmata for 50 strait years. He seen the devil almost weekly.

The devil wooped his butt, but he used it for an offering. The devil is graceless, there is no love there, he's heartless. If allowed he would kill every human being within 3 days, he told this to a prophet one times, one of the saints.

so everything he tempts us with,and blieve me they are real. The demons go around working on souls, trying to cause despair, lust, and hatred, suicide ect. Everything is spiritual. You can tell by the culture he's doing a good job. People today are possesed and not just with lust.

but anyways our bodies are temporal.

He wants the soul to build up as much selfishness as possible, it removes God from the soul and causes it to be dead inside.

everything he does is for our ruin.

Don't think the devil is buddy buddy. He has no grace.

makes hitler look like a chump.

peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join