It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to the 3D Solar Cell??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Its been a while since I posted on here.

Does anyone remember the 3D solar cell being invented about 3 years ago? This new cell was supposedly a lot more efficient than current solar panel technology and due to this would be a REAL solar energy solution. Apparently this tech was quietly suppressed and I never heard about it again. Does anyone have any current info on this technology? Is it still being pursued?

I dug up some links for you guys to look at:

This article:
gtresearchnews.gatech.edu...

And also this video

It seems that while looking around the web for info I have stumbled on more recent news about this type of solar panel, although im not sure if this is the same exact tech as the original invention:

spie.org...

My gut tells me that this tech was suppressed until the ptb were able to release a less efficient version of this tech in order to keep solar power impractical and expensive therefore keeping us slaves to the energy giants.

(just a theory)

Thanks for reading!

-----GeminiSky

edit on 8-9-2010 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I really am interested in Solar Energy as well. I can't wait for the day I can power my own home using solar energy, as well as my electric car and motorcycle.

In answer to your question though, for something to go from concept to production actually takes quite some time when it comes to new as in nano technology.

For example, If I asked you to make a sandwich and I'd pay you a Million Dollars for it you would be able to do it no problem.

But what if I told you that in order to get the Million Dollars, the sandwich had to be the size of a grain of sand.

And that you could only use the utensils in your kitchen.

That's the difficulty in producing nano technology with existing production manufacturing technology.

The majority of our advanced technology comes from the defense industry. Solar panels have been used in the space program for decades. But we don't have them on our homes yet because they are still expensive to manufacture due to the limits of technology.

For example, My Avatar is a Quad Core CPU substrate. Notice the shape of it.

Solar panels are shaped as they are due to the core physics involved with using semiconductors, like a computer chip which conceptually is the same as a photovoltaic cell. They are created by slicing silicon crystals into wafers, and the wafers into the rectangular shapes, which is the most efficient use of the substrate area in which to create transistors.

Getting back to the military and defense.

They will take a kid like this and throw him in a research lab at a University Physics Department and pay his tuition to come up with ideas that suit THEIR defense needs.

So it isn't as if all the good ideas are necessarily swept under the rug by the PTB. But they are used by the PTB for their benefit.

But to launch new innovations takes lots of money, which our Defense Industry has plenty of.

And if it's a good enough idea, that meets their needs, then they will pay this kid to make products using their money.

It's very similar to UFO technology, it isn't as if we would all freak out if we got the truth about aliens and stuff.

Well some of us would. If we were into burning Korans and stuff. They would ... but anyway....

But by obscuring the entire UFO story it's a great way for the military industrial complex to hoard and utilize the technology to their benefit, without sharing it with the general public under the guise of "National Security".

I have mentioned this before but when I was a senior in Electrical Engineering school, the University list all of the companies coming to campus for recruiting. One of the biggest recruiters of us Chip Designers was the CIA.

So back to this kid, the CIA will hire him to innovate solutions allowing them to read peoples computers through the walls of their home for example and not to solve the worlds energy problems, because they have the deep pockets to pay him for it.

They say that the top secret technology is easily 40-50 years advanced of what we currently have.

AS for solar panels and cells, there is always room for improvement. I mean look at the internal combustion engine for example.they were invented hundreds of years ago as steam engines. But because they are simple and cheap to make and after years of innovations It is primarily why we still use them, allowing everyone relatively reliable, affordable economical automotive transportation.

I see innovations like this kid's idea applied to existing solar panel technology that we could produce in a decade. And eventually using Nano technology in the future.

But this won't likely occur until the military industrial complex has moved on to even higher technology and only then will it then begin to trickle down to us.
Just like computers have.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Very interesting view of things, I agree with most of what you said.

new topics

join