It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LROC finds natural bridges on Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

LROC finds natural bridges on Moon

lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov

Just when you think you have seen everything, LROC reveals a natural bridge on the Moon! Who would have thought? Natural bridges on the Earth are typically the result of wind and water erosion – not a likely scenario on the Moon. So how did this natural bridge form? The most likely answer is dual collapse into a lava tube. From the Apollo era, SELENE, and LROC images, we know that lava tubes did form in the Moon’s ancient past. SELENE and LROC images have raised the tantalizing prospects that lava tubes remain intact to this day. However this bridge did not form in mare (basalt), but rat
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.a u

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This bridge does seem pretty natural if you ask me but it will be interesting to see what others have to say. Having seen some unusual anomalies/images on the Clementine Lunar Image browser and some old NASA publications this looks like a non event.

lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have to say, this is a really good find.

Actually, the two structures look really anomalous compared to the rest of the terrain in the photo...with their sharp edges and the shadows falling to the right-hand-sides of them then I presume they are structures that are standing straight up on the surface. There are plateaus on the tops too, although the one to the right seems to have holes in it...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Also when you look at the original photo there is a kind of dog-leg ridge that points straight at the left-hand structure...fascinating.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I like the way the "bridge" has 2x more detail per pixel than the rest of the image...Seriously the "bridge" is the most detailed image i have ever seen of the moon, its a shame we'll never get to see the rest of the moon in this detail.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I found some new pics of this bridges and in 3D (anaglyph)!

Source: www.universetoday.com...

And they also found sinkholes on the moon like on earth:

The Bridges seem to be made from lava?!

new topics

top topics

join