It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where, Oh Where, Can my Baby be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You have caught me in a fragile state. It's not all the time that a man gets his heart twisted up. My baby left me. She took a flight, it was a one-way ticket. Hurrying to nowhere, fast. Maybe she's a running, a running, a running, like a sinnerman. But all I know is she is gone baby, gone. Now I am all alone in this world that is so cruel. Misfortune doesn't do business based on zip codes, why don't some people get it. Maybe it's like how a person can try and survive the winter by padding the walls with insulation, if you have enough insulation you might never get cold. Don't try and sell me the Brooklyn Bridge, and I don't want the stuff they use to build the space shuttle either. I am a rugged individual. It's just sometimes I ain't, errr, I'm not so, errr... sometimes I lack a substantial degree of mental acuity and I lose things. And so what if I lose things, I want to be perfect. I refuse to accept things as possessions, that includes people. You know? And I refuse to try so hard because why should I try so hard you see trying that hard only means I am fooling myself into venturing out beyond my natural capabilities to achieve something I shouldn't have in the first place. You see how hard it is to explain but I assure you my logic is infallible. My logic is precise. My premises are without fault. I'm well versed in the principles of epistemology. Of the epistemology of everything and that goes without saying because if you understood epistemology you would know. Inherently I also know a bunch of stuff, not just the greatest writers of the 19th and 20th centuries and the inescapable delusions of the modern man all of which have been my duty to conquer. I am not an arrogant and loveless genius though I can't prove it. I like to gamble and I may be an alcoholic, I don't think I'm such a bad guy, I also have disturbing thoughts invade my mind at times but those are just leftovers from the collective unconscious. After all bad people have such a hard time admitting they are bad and I accuse myself openly to let all the world judge my soul. Aren't I interesting? Perhaps there is no room for my baby beside my pride. Perhaps it was the devil that coaxed her into leaving. I could in a short while have battalions at my command without my baby. But one needs to achieve all that which is impossible to achieve to be successful in that higher sense of the word. And no amount of commanding, no appeals to duty, no testaments to the immortal beauty of the soul will bring my baby back. No meaningless suffering of an individual. No pronouncements of unwritten law. No reverential piety to the power of love. Well maybe some reverential piety to the power of love because my baby can't resist that stuff. But it is not about my bag of tricks. I know for sure it is not about my bag of tricks. You see it is not enough to try and be something in the world or try to pretend to be something in this world, one has to actually be something in this world. Like not thinking you are doing something or being a certain way but actually doing the thing and being the thing. You know? On that note my baby has become something different I know for sure. Me myself has haved havened I had done a couple transformations myself since last time we saw one another. But this is all about how the world wants to transform us. There still must be some aspect of our being that resonates on the same subtle frequency right? Somewhere in between the surreptitious and deceitful? I can look past all that. I look past too much. I am a stubborn rugged man. Yet I am a serious man. I am a serious man. I can overlook everything but the seriousness of the situation which is usually something altogether different. You know? Ok, I know it's out of my control. But I am still wondering where my baby could be.

edit on 8-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Mod Edit: Restored Font.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Paragraphs man, paragraphs.

That big block of writing is killer on the eyes and that type font makes it even worse.

I didn't even try to read it, it hurt my eyes so bad.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What u say? You aborted baby Jesus?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The Blues Project did a nice cover.

edit on 8-9-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I didn't want paragraphs because of the style. The problem was in trying to format the font and italics the text shrunk to that eye gouging size and I don't want to try and fix it. Sorry all.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

That's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233

That's disgusting.

It needed a comma but it was intentional to leave it out.

But all the same, thank you.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
reply to post by FortAnthem

I didn't want paragraphs because of the style. The problem was in trying to format the font and italics the text shrunk to that eye gouging size and I don't want to try and fix it. Sorry all.

Well, I'm all for adding a little bit of style and artistry in your posts but, you have to remember, some of us old coots have a problem with our eyes sometimes.

Have you tried resizing the post?

Try putting [ size=4] and [ /size] around the text, it might help. Although, in the past, things like commas and some punctuation have a tendency to mess up the bb codes. Maybe they fixed it in the new ATS.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
...you have to remember, some of us old coots have a problem with our eyes sometimes.

Since it's only sometimes, read it only when your eyes don't have a problem? Or, try the browser zoom if you've got that.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Is this creative prose?
Did she really leave you?
Do you really want to know where she is at?
Did she leave due to your self absorbed diatribes?
Did she not mention where she was going and why?
Did she take her stuff?
So many questions....

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 5MaveN5

Lol. Yes to everything.

Edit - BTS is lame and I wish the mods would stop moving my threads.

edit on 8-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Why so serious......most likely its time for you to go out and find a new baby. That is unless you are really serious about the one that left. Females usually have huge egos, and its always about them, even when they say its about you.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Females usually have huge egos, and its always about them, even when they say its about you.

Womanology 101, yes I'm familiar with this. We actually started talking again, the future looks bright, and I have a suspicion that I am an all around genius when it comes to life.

Edit to note - thanks for the support. Why haven't you friended my yet dude? Don't you know I have no friends...

edit on 11-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Hmmm....could mean you're being set up to take another beating. But, I had a rocky start with the person I'm with now. She left me a few times in the beginning, we had a few rough spots a few years in, but we've been together coming up on 11 years. She doesn't really have the huge ego though. She'd much rather I buy her dogs a toy than her a diamond ring. She can't quite escape the idea of changing a man, however. The pressures she places do seem in line with actual bonafide spiritual evolution and in that way I don't resent it at all. We seem to be more of a team than a "what's best for myself" match. At times in the short term though, I'd swear we're worse for each other.

Why'd I go on about that? I have no clue.

I suppose you never know what you're gonna get. Best of luck to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the well wishes. It's much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join