It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran Burning: Muslim Groups Vow Retaliation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
We do not know beyond a doubt that the muslims are responsible for 9/11. The facts are so obscure, we cannot point the finger at the muslims. We already blamed them, we went to afghanistan, and iraq, because of it. And both of those wars, are unjust wars. There has been a lot of muslim hate going on lately, but strangely enough, 6 months ago, it was a non-issue. Only recently has this hate for muslims started to occur. It sounds to me like it is all a staged act. TPTB have it all planned, and its working, the public is buying the story YET AGAIN on 9/11. This pastor just might be a puppet of the government, because if he wasn't, they would stop him, they would find an excuse. If you can arrest and 11 year old for drawing on her desk, they can find a reason to arrest this guy.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Come ON people - if THIS - burning a Koran- causes WWIII - then don't you THINK it is high time we just went ahead and fought this crap out?

It's like this- freedom of speech on one side with the right to criticize a religion you don't like openly

vrs

belief that a book and your religion is so holy that you would say screw that freedom of expression stuff- you don't criticize my profit, you don't draw my prophet, you don't burn my holy book, you don't- you don't DO ANYTHING I don't like or I kill you or I try.

Come on. What side would you people be on?

This is the perfect chance to send a loud dog into the woods to flush out all the ducks.

ALL our political leaders HAVE to condemn it. But if they are smart, they will use it.

I don't agree with this preacher's religion, but heck, he's putting his life on the line for what he believes in- that islam is of the devil - that it is, in fact, an intolerant violent religion.
He's said he's willing to be the canary in the mine.

I'm just gonna watch what happens myself.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I completely agree.

I was toward the notion that most Muslims were bad and wanted to takeover my country (UK), now I believe they are just brainwashed like the rest of the general population. It is not they (Muslims) who wish to take my land but their elites, who in-turn are in cohoots with our elite.

I believe that the top brass of all Religions, Government and Banks are steering us into choas so they can lead us sheep into the New World Order.

They all have something to gain from it!

The writing is on the wall. Question is; Will you follow?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Why did the media even give this guy any attention, I mean there are millions of retarded morons out there. They knew what kind of reaction this would get, who cares if he is a douche?

Don't give him the attention he wants.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Because they want to use him to stir up tension between the west and the rest, to keep the war-machine rolling

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'd be shocked if this Quaran burning frenzy actually goes ahead. In saying that, it is common knowledge the Mslims in various parts of the Islamic world burns all/any Christian bibles and related material when and where it's found.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Interesting to note that even the Muslim extremists have enough class not to suggest burning bibles.

of course not, they already burned over 500
that were in the seat pockets of those
3 airliners. They got a head start !!!

And I sure as hell don't see the Saudi King
allowing a Baptist Preacher to build a
Christian Church right beside the Saudi
Royal Palace. Ya'll come on over for
our annual BBQ fund raiser

edit on 9-9-2010 by boondock-saint because: further a point

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
To all of you sheeple islamaphobes on this thread, blaming the religion on the act of the terrorist. Remmber that adolph hitler was a Christian.

CX

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I don't know what people expect. Of course this is going to CAUSE religious extremists to retaliate. You're openly insulting them by burning a perceived holy book.

I'd be interested to see how much outrage would be induced by a National Burn The Bible Day.

~Keeper

Exactly.

Anyone with the stupidity to intentionaly do something that they know will cause outrage, insult and violence on such a large scale, deserves every bit of backlash they get.

Why has this church/vicar not been charged with anything?

CX.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
oh, come on....the church has been burning books, cds, games, whatever, for a long time....
heck some of the brightest minds, greatest books, and neatest archeological discoveries have been destroyed by the church, or hidden in the vatican....

ain't never seen the pagans raise this kind of ruckus, and their stuff has been burned, their groves destroyed, and their people burned at the stake.....since the beginning of time it seems....

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The Quran, the Bible, the Baghavad gita. They all teach the same principles.Theyre all Holy books from God.
Different religions squabbling like animals, claiming their religion is the right one and all others are bad, well, these people are doomed. Got no chance of enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If the media gave this no attention , would it still even be an issue?

Of course his actions are those of a radical fundamentalist , and maybe even considered terrorist.

Couldnt the EPA stop him? (with an obscure law or something)

Personally the whole thing doesnt bother me, because this is what I wish would happen to ALL religious text.

Wouldnt just the 'vow of retaliation' be proving that the religion is intolerant? (as all religions are)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
oh, come on....the church has been burning books, cds, games, whatever, for a long time....

well ya got a point there.
I remember some 20 yrs ago
quite a few churches had vinyl record
burnings. Folks would bring their
hard rock or metal records and throw
them on the fire cuz when they played
them backwards, it had satanic messages.
I mostly laughed at that cuz I never listened
to my records backwards and thought it kinda stoooopid.
One of those was Hotel California by the Eagles.
Just let's ya know, the church doesn't
discriminate on their burnings.
lmao

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Burning a book, won't change a thing.
Burning a CD, won't change a thing.
Burning a DVD, won't change a thing.
Burning a building won't change a thing........but

Putting out the flames will change everything!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
of course not, they already burned over 500
that were in the seat pockets of those
3 airliners. They got a head start !!!

What airline are you flying on that has Bibles in the seat pockets? All I ever find are emergency manuals, barf bags and complimentary mint wrappers.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'd be interested to see how much outrage would be induced by a National Burn The Bible Day.

They do it all the time over there. They destroy bibles and rosaries. They put people in jail or 'give them lashes' for even having them in public. Christians don't go nutz and go out looting and destroying things over it.

The whackos over there will use any excuse in order to become violent. Heck, they invent excuses.

If they want to get all riled up because one idiot in this country wants to exercise his right to free speech, then let them get all riled up. They'll get riled up anyways. They always do.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
The Quran, the Bible, the Baghavad gita. They all teach the same principles.Theyre all Holy books from God.

Not really.

The Qu'ran was stolen from the pagan religions of the time. It was stolen from the Jews and Christians as well. Badly stolen. Muhammad got a lot wrong when he took it and claimed 'revelations'. There is nothing holy about the Qu'ran. It is just a manual from a nut who claimed divine revelations in order to control people - control them politically by convincing them he had a direct link to God. It's terrible that so many people buy into this.

The Bible, at least the Old Testament, has many of the same problems. Much of it was taken from ancient Summerian texts. The names were changed, but the stories were the same. Some was taken from the Egyptians. Heck, David didn't write the Psalms. Those came from Akenatons pagan hymns to his sun god. The 10 commandments ... 9/10 of them are directly from the Egyptian Book of the Dead - which Moses would have been well versed in. Adam and Eve? Science has proven this wrong. etc etc

Baghavad Gita? Dunno. I just started looking into that so I can't comment.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
My Opinion is that the pastor has a right to do what he wants, I am not saying that I agree with it, just that it is his right. That being said, how many time have you watched on the news or some media that has shown the US flag being burned, or one of our citizens being beheaded?

If they are that upset about it, we should use it as a tool. Tell them every time they commit a terrorist act, we will burn a Koran for each person injured. Make it up to them wether or not the book gets burnt.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

i'm for that.

bring it to a head!

winner take all. otherwise this will go on forever.

i say it would take 300yrs to eradicate the opposition.

win or lose. everyone go for it!

be done with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
My Opinion is that the pastor has a right to do what he wants, I am not saying that I agree with it, just that it is his right. That being said, how many time have you watched on the news or some media that has shown the US flag being burned, or one of our citizens being beheaded?

If they are that upset about it, we should use it as a tool. Tell them every time they commit a terrorist act, we will burn a Koran for each person injured. Make it up to them wether or not the book gets burnt.

That's an excellent idea, actually. There should be an organization that burns a Qu'ran for every person killed in an Islamic extremist terrorist act.

edit on 9-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join