It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran Burning: Muslim Groups Vow Retaliation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Koran Burning: Muslim Groups Vow Retaliation

news.sky.com

Sky's Home Affairs correspondent Mark White said: "Anjem Choudary is the former head of Islam4UK which was proscribed - in other words outlawed - by the British government in January.

"He is now calling for the burning of the American flag outside US embassies at cities around the world in direct response to what Pastor Terry Jones is planning in Florida.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It looks as if this 9/11 anniversary will be a intresting one. Personally I think we should put aside our differences and mourn the loss of those souls who were lost on and because of that fateful day.

For those of you who don't know about anjem choudary, here is a video of the vile little man:

www.youtube.com...

Peace.
ALS

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just posting so it will go to My ATS, it wouldn't go there for some reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I doubt they do that little. They burn an American flag on a daily basis for anything.

I'd expect some car bombs and suicide murderers from this religion of peace and love.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I doubt they do that little. They burn an American flag on a daily basis for anything.

I'd expect some car bombs and suicide murderers from this religion of peace and love.

Perhaps from the extremist, terrorist type Muslim. But I doubt the moderate, peace-loving Muslim would "commemorate" 9/11 with car-bombs and suicide murder.....

Think about it like this....when the Afghan/Iraqi/Pakistani people see our troops firing weapons, blowing up stuff ect (in order to fight the Terrorists) what do you think they say of Christianity? I'm sure some think Christianity is the "religion" of Death....namely the EXTREMIST TERRORISTS!

Basically what I'm saying is.....you are acting no different than the extremist terrorists act AND you are playing right into their hands.

By proclaiming "Islam is evil" you are GIVING them more recruits, AND making it a religious war....Just like if an extremist Muslim came out and said "Christianity is evil" (Easy to say based on the actions of some of our "leaders") would cause Christians to wish to fight against the person calling Christianity evil.....

conclusion: CALL FOUL ON EXTREMISM IN ANY FORM!!!! Do NOT generalize and label an entire population of people, or a "religion" in this instance and proclaim that, that group is evil.....

It's no different then perhaps a Jew saying "Christianity is evil...look what Timothy Mcveigh did...."

EXTREMISM in any form leads to TERRORISM, not solely religion.....ESPECIALLY not religion when it's practiced in a truthful, peace-loving way AKA Moderate Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jews, ect ect who have GOOD MORALS and practice "service to others".

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I don't know what people expect. Of course this is going to CAUSE religious extremists to retaliate. You're openly insulting them by burning a perceived holy book.

I'd be interested to see how much outrage would be induced by a National Burn The Bible Day.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"religion of peace" FTW!

Way to represent your religion, Extremists....you're REALLY making things better.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
"religion of peace" FTW!

Way to represent your religion, Extremists....you're REALLY making things better.

So the people burning Korans on 9/11 aren't extremists? From a Muslim country perspective with media as corrupt as ours, who do you think represents Christianity

The moderates or the extremists?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So the people burning Korans on 9/11 aren't extremists? From a Muslim country perspective with media as corrupt as ours, who do you think represents Christianity

~Keeper

The media does the (mis)representing. Why the hell should anyone care if a bunch of crazy church-folks bought (not seized) korans in order to burn them.. Maybe if the media didn't pay these nuts any attention, this wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In the media's attempt to paint every Christian as some sort of nut, they use this group as such an example and now it opened up a huge can of worms that will get all sides fighting.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So you're going to subscribe to the eye for an eye?

For a religion that boasts "We are the religion of peace" .. shouldn't they, by their own rules, not be threatening anyone for any reason?

Why is it okay to threaten them if their book is going to be burned?

Also, you're putting words in my mouth, I never said it was okay to burn the book...it's not illegal, and i don't think it should be, but for some Muslims to abandon their principals simply because someone offended them?

Well, im going to call them on it. Every time.

Religion of Peace my ass. Only when it suits them.

You really should consider your implications here...i've been just as harsh in my opinions on extremist Christians as well.

But for me, this isn't about the Christian aspect, this is about a bunch of people who scream to the world "We are the religion of peace" once again showing us that they're not.

And if these people who are making the threats (once again...South Park Creators, anyone?) aren't speaking for all of Islam, why are there no Muslim leaders standing up and speaking out against it?

Don't see much condemnation going on, do ya?

edit on 9-9-2010 by Snarf because: further a point

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This is absolutely rediculous....

this is part of the CIA psy-ops program to inflame muslims everywhere and keep the muslim hatred towards the west inflamed and ongoing.....

yes muslim extremist are not liked and not wanted but doing this doesnt help the cause.

This helps only the military industrial complex who need perpetual war to continue to advance their own agendas, to divide and conquer, to grab as much natural global resources from Central Asia and the middle east that they possibly can.

USA cannot survive without WAR and a threatening enemy.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Interesting to note that even the Muslim extremists have enough class not to suggest burning bibles.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Surely someone can stop that braindead fool from burning their holy book. Everyone is up in arms and yet none are in a position to stop it?
There's threads on here of men and women being arrested for crimes yet what's this?
The koran burning? Wtf?
Surely all it takes is someone to steal the f ing trailer that contains the books?
One of you could be a hero.

Remember the uproar when a muslem defaced a war memorial? Well if he's allowed to do this I dread to think what happens. And to be honest you can blame them.
This man is supposed to be a christian walking around with a side arm?

Its a joke. Provacation to war. The excuse. Ultimately Iran perhaps.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Interesting to note that even the Muslim extremists have enough class not to suggest burning bibles.

they wouldn't care about burning bibles , if they would care about burning something it will be the talmud

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
pastor Terry Jones:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This could very well be the act that puts world war 3 over the edge. Is there anyone out there, that actually agrees with this pastor? Anyone at all? The fact that the government is not stepping in and stopping this is utterly retarded. That means, they want it to burn. It is all a staged act, they want it to burn. It give another perfect excuse to go to war.....again..... on 9/11 no less. So they don't even have to change the date when they refer to the reason behind the war. They just have to say 9/11 and blood will boil. The consequences of this action, if it occurs, could be the end of the world as we know it.

People will be forced to choose sides. There will be no middle ground. Even if you are not religious, it won't matter, you'll be an enemy to someone. Streets won't be safe, anywhere. I really hope this pastor thinks about what he's doing.

There are other ways of dealing with the muslims. This is a cowardly way of standing up to them.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Someone will steal the trailer containing the books but before they do they may want to paint over the sides before driving through states. May stir up more trouble.
Imagine what impact this will have if its allowed to go ahead. You can't. Can you blame muslims for any actions that may follow?
2 wrongs don't make a right.
If any are killed because of his actions then let the blood be on his hands.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Someone will steal the trailer containing the books but before they do they may want to paint over the sides before driving through states. May stir up more trouble.
Imagine what impact this will have if its allowed to go ahead. You can't. Can you blame muslims for any actions that may follow?
2 wrongs don't make a right.
If any are killed because of his actions then let the blood be on his hands.

And what does that say for christianity? It makes him, no better than they are. This is wrong, and the governement can have him arrested because this is a breach of national security. This goes beyond freedom of speech. This is potentially an act of war.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

This isn't christianity is it? Hopefully god will step in and strike his church down with the anger he himself will cause by doing such an act. His church is a fraud in itself. No place for that at all.
This event could be what's described as the bowl poured on the kingdom of???????????? If allowed to go ahead.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

And what does that say for christianity? It makes him, no better than they are. This is wrong, and the governement can have him arrested because this is a breach of national security. This goes beyond freedom of speech. This is potentially an act of war.

i'm not in favor of burning holy books. i'm also not in favor of burning thousands of people in buildings. i surely don't speak for all muslims, but i wonder which offends the majority more, burning down those buildings on 9-11, or the burning of these books?

i'm not in favor of either, personally. And if you have not read a book for yourself, you probably shouldn't be burning it.

christ sad do unto others that which you would have done unto yourself, yet how many christians actually treat everyone the exact same identical way? if christians are not treating everyone the same way, the way they like to be treated, then are they really christians to begin with, or are they just pretending to be christians? i don't think everyone likes to be treated the way i like to be treated always, so does this belief put me at opposite of what jesus taught?

furthermore, let us not forget, that chapter 9 verse 11 of the Koran says the exact opposite of what chapter 11 verse 9 of the Torah/Bible says. a coincidence? i don't think so.

burning a book proves very little. let him and his 50 or so followers go to mecca or the dome of the rock and burn the books. don't give the offended a reason to come here, send them offenders there to offend those they want to offend.

how much of our tax dollars are going to be spent protecting this guy's right to burn these books? how much tax dollars are going to be spent for defending against a backlash?

Pastor Terry Jones

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join