It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What defines us as human?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The corporeal brain is an information generating (it configures residual information - memory - into actionable data directives that provide system operational information/event trajctories that take DNA information and translate them into sub-assembly management activities) sub-assembly within the epitome corporeal being. The big tranformation that defines the human being is that the "generated" information directives are sophisticated enough to have achieved "self awareness" and this has resulted in those directiives being generated that specifically target the generation process itself. Self determination.

The human being is actually the self-created dynamic information that the brain has generated as a result of the self-determination effort. This generated informational being is the only one of its kind, and while human beings have been and are being generated by a variety of "brains" - depending on the corporeal material that those brains are made of, the common bond is the self-awareness, method of physical emergence, and informational nature of the physical structure of the being itself. All corporeal brains result in dynamic information, but the human corporeal brain is the only one that creates a self-aware informational personality that had a direct hand in its own creation.

In essence, the human being is not a true corporeal being - as are other brain-driven corporeal beings. The human being doesn't really emerge whole until its corporeal brain has died and "released" the fully developed human being. While this is the result of the sophiostication of the "generated" information, and not the result of any divine plan, the net results have created an existential anomaly that gods and souls have been invented to explain. It's actually a pretty spectacular development, when you compare it to everything else that exists. Just the human capacity for imagination is an absolute game-changer within the whole of reality. There's nothing else that has such freedom.
edit on 7/13/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
The corporeal brain is an information generating (it configures residual information - memory - into actionable data directives that provide system operational information/event trajctories that take DNA information and translate them into sub-assembly management activities) sub-assembly within the epitome corporeal being. The big tranformation that defines the human being is that the "generated" information directives are sophisticated enough to have achieved "self awareness" and this has resulted in those directiives being generated that specifically target the generation process itself. Self determination.

The human being is actually the self-created dynamic information that the brain has generated as a result of the self-determination effort. This generated informational being is the only one of its kind, and while human beings have been and are being generated by a variety of "brains" - depending on the corporeal material that those brains are made of, the common bond is the self-awareness, method of physical emergence, and informational nature of the physical structure of the being itself. All corporeal brains result in dynamic information, but the human corporeal brain is the only one that creates a self-aware informational personality that had a direct hand in its own creation.

In essence, the human being is not a true corporeal being - as are other brain-driven corporeal beings. The human being doesn't really emerge whole until its corporeal brain has died and "released" the fully developed human being. While this is the result of the sophiostication of the "generated" information, and not the result of any divine plan, the net results have created an existential anomaly that gods and souls have been invented to explain. It's actually a pretty spectacular development, when you compare it to everything else that exists. Just the human capacity for imagination is an absolute game-changer within the whole of reality. There's nothing else that has such freedom.

I don't know if I missed this within your abundant use of adjectives, but how exactly did the human brain create itself?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I don't know if I missed this within your abundant use of adjectives, but how exactly did the human brain create itself?

It didn't. Read it again.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You're too smart for you own good. I'm going to try to summarize what you said, and you tell me if I got it right. Then I'm going to write a response to my summary of what I think you said.

Summary:
The difference between us and dolphins, chimps, etc. is that while growing up, humans are directly shaping their brain along the way.

(In ref. to 3rd par. first phrase) The human being isn't a physical being? After the physical brain dies, we become whole?

My Response:
The reason that we are different from the rest of the self-aware group of beings is that we are involved in materialism.

Intelligence has two aspects. Knowledge and wisdom.

Knowledge is the scientific dissection of the material world. Ultimately knowledge results in more knowledge and bigger, better, more efficient, and more practical materials.--- The hows.

Wisdom is the intelligence associated with understanding the self and what is natural. Ultimately, wisdom results in the understanding of the universe--- The whys.

In this light, it can be seen that knowledge is unnatural (materialistic human creation) intelligence whereas wisdom is natural (universal) intelligence.

That is what separates us from them.

So perhaps the reason we participate directly in the shaping of our own brain is because we are not participating in the natural order of things. Truly, we don't consciously participate in the shaping of our brain, but rather unconsciously. We shape our brain because we participate in materialism.

Philosophically speaking, with materialism, we lose our true selves as part and one with nature. We associate ourselves and identify ourselves with materials and the acquisition of materials. In this light, it is seen that greed, jealousy, pride, etc. are unnatural tendencies.

Therefore, it is not so much that we are shaping our brains as much as it is the love of materialism is shaping our brains.

The question is, why would "God", or the condition before the big bang, create something that would partake in unnaturalism when unnaturalism results in us forgetting our true selves?

What would the purpose in forgetting your true selves be? The acceleration of knowledge perhaps. But if knowledge is unnatural intelligence, what is the purpose for knowledge other than to acquire more of that which is materialistic and unnatural? Ultimately, the acquisition of material things nor knowledge bring about happiness, so what is the purpose?

What I'm getting at is a theory that perhaps materialism was intentionally injected into our culture by an outside intelligence because that outside intelligence knew that it would make us forget our true selves.

Whether I made a mistake in any assumptions in my reply or not, one thing I know for certain, and that is that materialism and the acceleration of knowledge go hand in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join