It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church's Warfare of Exorcism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The Rev. Thomas J. Euteneuer is president of Virginia-based Human Life International, which has affiliates and partners in 87 countries around the world. A trained exorcist, Fr. Euteneuer has been authorized to perform the ancient rite in several dioceses in the U.S. www.newoxfordreview.org...

This very informative and interesting article sheds some light on what can really
happen during an exorcism. It is different than the movie versions in which Hollywood
played up the action to sell more tickets. But the spiritual warfare and violence can be
pretty frightening.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Yeah I have seen other reviews of that book online.

Exorcism is a good subject...for a while I was actively collecting "fatal exorcism" accounts/incidents - where the possessed person perishes in the process...(and not just Catholic ones, for example here's Wikipedia on the death of Janet Moses Wainuiomata Mākutu Lifting)...kind of a WE HAD TO DESTROY THE VILLAGE IN ORDER TO SAVE IT flavor concept...but lately I've been slacking off on exorcism fatalities, go figure...

You've probably read Hostage To The Devil by ex-priest Malachi Martin...Art Bell had him on "Coast-to-Coast" a lot...supposedly containing basically-true accounts of actual exorcisms...But the devil didn't get enough good lines, I didn't like the speeches attributed to the devil in that book, he didn't say anything literary or extra-clever in that book...like Obama walking around lost without his teleprompter...

I did a thread awhile ago with a bunch of okay-good foreign exorcism youtube videos Orthodox Greek Exorcisms but the video links kept perishing...

edit on 8-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel because: I had an afterthought and added additional information ...allrighhht??? Jesus...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Thanks for your response. I've never read that (but I plan to)
and I'll look up the link when I'm not logged on 'cause I always
get bumped off.

Thank you kindly for replying.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The book American Exorcism was a great study on how many people die each year in the US whilst undergoing an exorcism. A lot of these people are mentally ill and mistreated horribly.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
The book American Exorcism was a great study on how many people die each year in the US whilst undergoing an exorcism. A lot of these people are mentally ill and mistreated horribly.

I guess it was written by a doctor who didn't believe in God or had not reviewed, watched the Emily Rose story. Most doctors don't have an utter clue, most would have lobotomized these possessed people anyway.

top topics

join