It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you go to Heaven if you Support War or the Death Penalty?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1

Originally posted by camaro68ss
so can i kill in self defence or not. I dont want to go to hell for shooting a guy that was going to shoot me

You were made with the desire to live and the ability to do whatever it takes to survive, it is a part of how we were made. Having to shoot someone to survive is not something any person should ever have to do ever, it is not something that should be taken lightly and if at all avoidable avoid it. You will not be condemned for doing what it takes for you to live. You will not be condemned defending those incapable of defending themselves. But there should be no joy in having to resort with force to do so, if there is then you need to reconsider your motivations for having done so.

Very well put. It is actually a sin of omission to not protect the weak and those in danger of death. This thread should be nearly over with when you look at the Hebrew word used in the 10 Commandments. It means literally, "Thou shalt not MURDER."

Murder is the taking of innocent life. If a person is purposing to kill you they are not innocent, they are premeditating your death. When Cain killed Abel it was premeditated, cold-blooded murder.

Here are Jesus's words about protecting oneself from wicked men in the world:

"He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As to the actual question of supporting war and death penatly, this is not Love. And until we are akin to the vibration of Love, as our Higher Selves, we don't pass the final exams here. Every day is a test, we are tested on a daily basis, and the more awake we are the more responsibilty for overcoming the duality, which is a program running in the system. Mystery school/controller types think its about making a choice, to be postiive STO, or negative STS, angels or demons, and they think this is the duality.

The duality is not behavior. Its the questions on the exams or tests. Example you are tired and ill and cranky (your body is programmed software style, to feel this way) and how you choose to behave in such a moment, either reacting or thinking it through and trying to overcome and be loving, is the answer you are writing on the paper. There are billions of eutopias that chose positive answers to the question. So the duality is not the outcome, its the question. We could all theoretically choose the right answer. Of course it would end quickly then too!

Higher Self sees everyone here as children and family, close family. So someone who has become broken or taumatized, or perhaps even a m'kultra victim, influenced or mind controlled, to do something negative, would be seen like your own child having a temper tantrum and be a threat to self or another. Would you execute your own child, or go to war with them?

Or would you seek to communicate, and negotiate, even die if necessary, but not take lethal action against your child. Note, loving parents would never harm children or family.

And would you lock someone up in a cage for years for minor offenses or drugs, even one off crimes (note most murders are not repeats and are spur of the moment things, amongst those who know each other and the person has to live with this nightmare all their lives). You would only find ways to protect society from repeat sociopathic killers/rapists, and would emphasize everything to be as healing as possible, not punitive. You would see it all as a cry for help.

Think with love, send love and be love, to progress. Say no to all wars, and don't program your children to obey the system but to see through it and question everything, so your children also say no to wars.

edit to add: And remember, Infinity equalizes everyone. The pyramid system governments, banks, infrastructure, corporations and religions are all run by negatives.

We need to reverse the pyramid, invert it, to progress, power, equality and quality of life to the many.

We should not be living in a world of starvation or homelessness let alone wars, or think we can FORCE anyone to be a slave to a corporation to buy or rent property. We all have instrinsic rights to land and resources and like Natives should be building and growing our gardens and only volunteering. This is how all positives live in the universe, no money, like linux open source system, giving and taking and volunteering, and they are all prosperous as well, with a highly advanced education system.

No one should be without. Love equalizes all, shares everything and Never Forces Anyone!

edit on 10-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, God is love, very true.

However, don't forget God's other attributes in the process. God is also JUSTICE. He says when man shed's innocent blood, his blood to will be shed by man.

We are to love each other absolutely, but when a person murders another person it's justified in God's eye to put them to death.

It's not wise to focus on a single attribute of God and ignore another.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No it is not alright to put them to death. We have other options that better encompass Jesus stance on forgiveness. Our entire system is one built on the ideal of rehabilitation we have long since gotten away from that, and it is what causes us most of our problems. You serve your time and it should be done that is it. Granted there are some individuals we simply cannot let loose on society that is by no means a grounds to terminate their life, we do not know what purpose God may have for them even in prison. Im sorry I'll leave the executing of people up to God.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

A pagan God loves?
www.usbible.com...
There are also more Gods in the Bible.
www.usbible.com...
God has also made mistakes.
www.usbible.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

A pagan God loves?
www.usbible.com...
There are also more Gods in the Bible.
www.usbible.com...
God has also made mistakes.
www.usbible.com...

Whats funny is everything we know is according to what Humans have wrote or said. Not one person has evidence that God has done (Universe?) or said anything.

Basically all we have is our conscious to tell us whats right and wrong.

Can we kill? No, we can't. What gives us the right to take a human when we didn't create human.
How did we become so Godly? We can't even cure certain deseases much less create a lifeform.

I think the term, 'what would Jesus do' is brilliant. Even if Jesus is not real, his teachings are from a loving heart.

So, like I have asked before, would Jesus be ok with the Death Penalty?
Would he be ok with going to War and killing?

My conscious says no, he wouldn't be ok with that.

edit on 10-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1

Im sorry I'll leave the executing of people up to God.

God's already declared what to do with murderers, how can you say you wish to leave that up to Him on one hand, then reject what God says to do with them in His Word on the other?

I say, let God be God and we do what he says to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

These links are ridiculously full of straw man arguments against God it's laughable.

We get it, you embrace Judaism. I'm not here to embrace you, just speak the truth. if you have a different opinion, that's cool, hold fast to whatever makes you feel better at night.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
God is not against war and God created death.Also if you truely believe that death is swallowed up than death isn't bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Well lets see Jesus says let he who is without sin cast the first stone not he who is without this particular sin cast it so pretty much he just told you no it is not ok to kill a murderer. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Jesus is not God and God can never be man. He can only be a bush.
Get it?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Whats funny is everything we know is according to what Humans have wrote or said. Not one person has evidence that God has done (Universe?) or said anything.

Basically all we have is our conscious to tell us what's right and wrong.

Can we kill? No, we can't. What gives us the right to take a human when we didn't create human.
How did we become so Godly? We can't even cure certain deseases much less create a lifeform.

I think the term, 'what would Jesus do' is brilliant. Even if Jesus is not real, his teachings are from a loving heart.

So, like I have asked before, would Jesus be ok with the Death Penalty?
Would he be ok with going to War and killing?

My conscious says no, he wouldn't be ok with that.

edit on 10-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

Brilliant post my friend,

Yes, All we have is our conscience, which is the WORD of God, Love. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

When Moses came down from Mt. Moriah with the ten commandments, how did he look? He had two beams of light, protruding from his head, which looked like horns. Who else do we associate with horns on his head?
Why? Because no man has a right to issue laws upon another man. Not one!

God's sole commandment to man was this "Go forth and multiply"

Secondly, who commissioned the writing of the bible? Emperor Constantine, who after it was written the way he liked it, agreed to convert. Hhhhm does that not sound fishy?

How would an Emperor maintain power over a cult he could not defeat? Destroy it from within.

Speaking of fish, Jesus never went under the sign of the fish, who did? Hmmmm

Research, compare, study, learn, my Brothers & Sisters.

Jesus taught to follow your own heart, love God, Love your Brothers & Sisters.

FYI. Jesus wasn't the only WORD of God.

The Holy Spirit circled the globe spreading the WORD of God.

Why do you think there are so many similarities??

But, then again, so did he who would rule in God's place.

Therefore, trust no man. Not even me. Trust no book. Trust your own heart. Look within and know what it is you want and who you are. Listen to the WORD of God with your own ear. See his wonder with your own eyes.

Then Know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

With Love,

Your Brother

The Dragons shall be defeated in your own heart, with love.

edit on 11-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join