It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you go to Heaven if you Support War or the Death Penalty?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I understand that. That's why I basically asked if God TELLS you to kill, does that make it right?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Well how can God communicate with you? That is the bigger question. A person today will seem like a nut if he said he killed a person because God commanded him to do it. Same with people of mainstream religions. I know in Judaism God communicates through all the people so if everyone is going to know God's demands.
judaism.about.com...
www.jewfaq.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

That is confusing, Jesus says one thing, God says another....very confusing indeed.

That saying, 'what would Jesus do' seems the best answer to all questions.

WWJD, would he kill a human? I don't think so. The end.

Can any 'Christian' answer that one? Would Jesus kill a human?!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
by grace

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
by grace

Grace? Did you just say "grace"? I thought God told us not to worship no other God? How can you go to heaven by worshiping Jesus?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Cause God doesn't condoning killing or anything of that sort does he? The one on paper surely has no qualms about it.

Some humans, have to die. That's part of the cycle. It's not always fair, it's not always just, but it's gotta happen one way or another. Sadly, this isn't a slowing trend or anything, being animals there's always gonna be those who want to fight and kill each other.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Course not....He stopped Peter after Peter cut off that dudes ear...Then he healed the dude....

2nd line

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

That is confusing, Jesus says one thing, God says another....very confusing indeed.

That saying, 'what would Jesus do' seems the best answer to all questions.

WWJD, would he kill a human? I don't think so. The end.

Can any 'Christian' answer that one? Would Jesus kill a human?!!!!

Christianity and Judaism are very different. So since both beliefs present something different to the table you would never really understand what God has said in the OT. If a you asked a Jewish person that question they would tell you because Jesus and Christianity are false.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

My question was more rhetorical than anything. I am not saying God communicates with me. Not at all.

Personally my belief is that the old testament had all it's rules and laws because the people who wrote it realized that getting everyone to follow the same basic rules took some of the chaos out of society. All the laws about what to eat, how to clean yourself, what time of the month to have sex with your wife (wives), and so on; cut down on disease, promoted health, and therefore helped people survive.
Life being the real goal. Life and continued procreation, giving families more a chance of surviving through the ages. Once people started realizing some of these laws were good for them, and stabilized (their) society, it became more than that--it became a religion. Then a mythology was added to it and built. That just kept building and transforming into the corrupted rusty machine it is today.

edit on 8/9/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
wow, Humans really need to stop looking outside themselves for answers.

Ask yourselves this:

"If you killed someone, would you want yourself to go to heaven?" give yourself your own judgement stop looking for a God to either forgive you or allow you. We all go through life choosing our path, making decisions, so take responsibility for your own actions and afterlife.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by misuneko

Best answer yet.

You did answer it as if you are not human, though....

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It is hard to define how people define how Biblical characters lived, worshiped and what they preach. Judaism is all the about the Talmud aka. the OT. No Jew can except the Christian New Testament. Islam brings it's own interpenetration to table with the Quran and so on. Everyone can agree and disagree at the same time. It is never ending. Just follow what you believe I say. I'm an Atheist and proud! Yet I respect everyone's belief system regardless.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I'm an Atheist and proud! Yet I respect everyone's belief system regardless.

I'm sort of the same mindset. Except I would replace "agnostic" for "atheist" in my case.

I struggled years ago with the whole issue, then came to think and believe that being agnostic was the most honest "label" for me. It's as truthful as I can be on my personal views.
And what others believe? I couldn't care less. What they DO seems more important anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

by grace

Grace? Did you just say "grace"? I thought God told us not to worship no other God? How can you go to heaven by worshiping Jesus?

How can you go to heaven by worshiping Jesus?
it seems that you don't understand what Trinity is.

You are a body, a soul and a spirit...The holy spirit, Jesus and Jehovah is a trinity as you are.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

by grace

How can you go to heaven by worshiping Jesus?
it seems that you don't understand what Trinity is.

You are a body, a soul and a spirit...The holy spirit, Jesus and Jehovah is a trinity as you are.

That's where it get's controversial! That from my standers but by Judaism standers.
Why would God have to become a man to forgive the sins of mankind? Why couldn't he do this earlier?
www.messiahtruth.com...
www.messiahtruth.com...
Judaism does not believe in the Trinity.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
there is no heaven, dont worry

if there were, no one would be there anyways, so, therefore, it wouldnt actually exists

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

Every bit of the moral teachings in the Bible is just an elaboration, sometimes misinterpretation of this one divine Truth that Jesus taught. So, how does it apply to a murderer?

If you murder someone obviously you do not understand God's existence. If you did, you certainly would not lift a finger to harm another soul. So, having a very limited understanding of God, you do this heinous act, and now find yourself before a being you did not fully understand. Would you not realise, oh my, I screwed up?

Of course you would, you would repent sorely for what you have done.

Now, that having been said, what would you want done for yourself if it was you?

I thought you would be expecting forgiveness.

Judge your Brothers and Sisters not, for they know not what they do. If they did, they certainly would not do it!

Not only that, you are in no position to judge anyone. Do you know what kind of life they lead, what kind of troubles have fallen upon them, what kind of pain they endured, how many times they resisted before they finally broke down and did what ever perceived sin they did? NO!

How do you know you would have made it as far before YOU committed the same sin if you had to bear the weight of their life? You really have no idea.

Judge them not, love all, and be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 8-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I believe that humans need to stop looking at their differences and remember they are all the same beings. Hu-mans. Hu (Divine)

Anyone can have a faith, an eternal reference to a way of being, but no one can tell a human what to do. This is because on Earth there is what is called free will. If a person is reacting to a external source, for example any religious text and then reacts on that information this is still free will from the individual. It is what humans do with this information that counts. We can all choose to decipher information to meet our needs as we all have a different awareness of reality. Because of these differences we draw conclusions that their are people who are right and people who are wrong in their beliefs. We all share this ability to have an opinion, and in our own minds we believe we are correct. Ultimately humans are all failing to recognise why we have this free will, free will allows a planet with sentient beings an opportunity to allow them to either come together as a family that cherish their people and their planet and create a planet that is in harmony and is heaven like or alternatively if they cannot do this they must carry on until they have evolved out of this disharmony or face their own collective perception of hell on Earth.

I believe we create our own heaven or hell here on Earth. At present our collective consciousness is torn in both directions. We can choose unity or we can choose difference.

If we carry on looking externally for answers we will find difference within each other. But if we look inside ourselves, live through our hearts then we can find our similarities for love,for peace and for the protection of the Earth and its people.

At present heaven and hell are a life time away, I feel we all need to start living and focusing on the present. Only then can we prove to God, ourselves if we derive whatever comes next.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

i guess you don't want to go to heaven so don't cry when you don't get in.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

ahhhh if you only knew how false organized religion is.

It is funny they have all these rules, but none follows them.

edit on 9-9-2010 by dragnet53 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join