It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil unrest in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A cop shot a man who was coming at him with a weapon, a knife. Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks if you go at a cop with a weapon you should be prepared to die? Am I the only one that thinks you should respect the laws of this land,even the ones that you don't like? Ahhhh yes I was born here so I respect the people that put their life on the line for you and me! Or maybe you just want them to get pissed and say why should I help them all they will do is riot,picket,throw rocks at us,bitch and moan how rotten we are?
Next time you need a cop call a crack head instead !

I hate gun laws but I don't take it out on the men and woman that do the Job, I vote to put people in office to change the unjust laws!
If you disagree to bad don't care only people that agree with me can post on this thread! (just kidding)

apnews.myway.com... Here is a LINK

edit on 8-9-2010 by slinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
so where is the civil unrest?

two.

Oh and the guy who went after the cop is a moron.

But Im sure I am just hearing the one side of the story.

If its not too much trouble, please provide sources for your material. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't get it , Is the civil unrest because the cop shot the guy wielding the knife? Is that what were discussing?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm not going to comment on gun laws, but I do agree, bringing a knife to a gunfight will only get you killed. Perhaps that was the intention, suicide by cop. It does usually work.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

DRUDGE REPORT.COM SORRY

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by matt4GA
I don't get it , Is the civil unrest because the cop shot the guy wielding the knife? Is that what were discussing?

Yep, read it on drudge report.com

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
if u do u deserve to die
better take a shotgun

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

I must be the only one left that listens to the propaganda reports

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

I dont know if you arenew to ATS, or are just new at posting topics, but inyouroriginal post, you need to provide a LINK to the source so people know exactly where you are quoting the story from.
All you have to do is copy the web address and paste it in your Original post.

If I were you, I would do that right now before people start to really flame you.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I read that article today on another site.
www.google.com...

This is just getting out of control. Earlier today I was thinking to myself, if we go to those peoples native countries to live, we must abide by their ethics and laws. The fact is is the majority that move into the U.S. don't do the same. I have a simple solution for this, whatever crime they commit in the U.S., give them the same punishment that they would have received in their native land. I bet the Arabic populations would love that. '
'

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by slinger

I dont know if you arenew to ATS, or are just new at posting topics, but inyouroriginal post, you need to provide a LINK to the source so people know exactly where you are quoting the story from.
All you have to do is copy the web address and paste it in your Original post.

If I were you, I would do that right now before people start to really flame you.

Ok OK Let me try that for you back in a sec

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

This is just pathetic. Illegal Immigrants are mad because the cops used lethal means to defend themselves from a man who was waving a knife at them. Im sorry, but if your life is in danger, you have EVERY RIGHT to protect yourself from harm, COP OR NO COP. If I was in the same position, and some drunk ahole was trying to kill me AND OTHERS, I would have done the same.

These people have NO REASON to riot over this, and the fact that they are rioting, just goes to show you that THEY CARE NOT for our laws. If they did, they would KNOW that what this guy did was wrong.
This is another big reason why we need to enforce our immigration laws, these people care not about
our ways here in the country.

I am no big fan of cops, but even I can say what they did was purely self defence, and also defending those that couldnt protect themselves. That is their job.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Common Good because: Edit To Add.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

so where is the civil unrest?

two.

Oh and the guy who went after the cop is a moron.

But Im sure I am just hearing the one side of the story.

If its not too much trouble, please provide sources for your material. Thanks.

MacArthur Park in Los Angeles is where this unrest is. It is a heavy immigrant area. If you need a social security number, ID, or whatever false/stolen papers or whatever necessary to live in the U.S. without going through official channels, the areas around MacArthur Park is the place to go.

Basically what is going on is a few protest groups have taken are using the event, a cop shooting a latino immigrant. and inciting people into the streets. It isn't hardcore rioting with looting and burning buildings but there are people trying to disrupt traffic and throwing things at cars.

Local News

The shooting prompted demonstrations Monday near MacArthur Park, a densely packed neighborhood west of downtown populated with recent immigrants from Central America. Four people were arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor inciting a riot, and others threw rocks and bottles at police, slightly injuring three officers, Officer Bruce Borihanh said.

as for another side to the story...

The officers approached the suspect and told him in Spanish and English to put down the knife. Instead, Jamines raised the knife above his head and lunged at Officer Frank Hernandez, a 13-year veteran of the department, Beck said. Eyewitness accounts from six civilians, nine police personnel and two fire department staff indicate Hernandez fired twice “in immediate defense of life,” Beck said. Jamines, 37, died at the scene.

I don't know how a guy going after a police officer with a knife can be re-interpreted as something else.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

They should not be doing any protesting,the police were doing their jobs! don't make excuses for idiots!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Thanks, but the poster above me was faster than you(kimish). haha.

This is ridiculous. I dont know why California puts up with this crap.

California better start cracking down on their own state, or they are going to lose control of everything(If they havent already).

Oh and one more thing- The knife he was weilding, was already bloody. I wonder who was the unfortunate person that got stabbed. The police should be able to figure this one out quick due to the fact that there are probably hospital emissions that night, or a dead body somewhere.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Common Good because: Edit- To add

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This is ridiculous. I dont know why California puts up with this crap.

California better start cracking down on their own state, or they are going to lose control of everything(If they havent already).

California puts up with this crap because California has gone beyond the point of no return. Control has already been lost.

If a cop defending himself from a crazy knife wielder could spark protests, imagine a law or a crackdown aimed at illegal immigrants. At best, there would be widespread protests that would cause legendary traffic snarls which would cripple major cities in Cali. At worst, but increasingly more likely, there would be the L.A. riots, Latin style, up and down the state. This would be a catastrophic breakdown of the world's 7th largest economy.

It is so bad that California will go into chaos sooner or later.

It would be so bad that Mexico wouldn't even want California back.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Yes, it would be bad, but it needs to be done or these kinds of events will go on forever.

The only people to blame in all of this is our government for the lack of control on National security.
National security doesnt just mean we need to be protected from terrorists, but from ALL foreign invaders who wish to do harm to us physically, emotionally, and economically. The longer California keeps on with this kind of lack of control, the longer it will be before they get back control of their state.

Personally, I dont think California is done just yet, they have a chance to turn their economy back on track because they are(like you said) the 7th largest economy in the world. We need them to do what is in the best interest of not only them, but for the rest of the nation as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

If you only lived here you would share my pessimism.

The state of California is the poster child for diversity gone mad. With the blind determination to have a system which prints DMV manuals in 50 languages, the government and most of the people have forgotten what the opposite of diversity is, unity.

There is no unity in California. Everyone is looking out for their own interests and any opposition is considered intolerant. Business is fleeing in droves, the productive population is starting to move out ( I am trying to convince my wife but she doesn't want to be far from her family), and the state is running out of resources.

California is going to be as ungovernable as Afghanistan with what is going on.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

You are right, California is messed up, it has been for a while now. I have lived in California for a few years, and I know how bad it is, but I dont think just giving up is the answer. I frequent that state often, because I do a lot of shows in the L.A area. As your neighbor here in Nevada, I know exactly how bad the illegal immigration problem is, things are just as bad here in Vegas as they are in L.A.

That said, I still dont believe that the only way to solve this problem is by washing your hands and saying
that everything is screwed up beyond belief, and there is nothing further that you can do about it. It is the states fault for letting things get the way they are, and its the voters fault for letting this whole 'passive' attitude get them in the position they are today. California is the sanctuary state, and there in lies the problem. Your represenatives only care about getting the votes that they need to stay in power, regardless of how well or how bad that state is doing. You need to weed these people out. I know thats easier said than done, because of the demographics of that state, but it has to be done. You cant just give up. You are right, I dont share your pessimism because I remain optimistic about my country, and I know that we can do these things if people actually try to make things better. All it takes is hard work. It may get violent, and itmay get bloody, but thats better than losing a part of our country that our forefathers faught so hard for. There is no reason as to why we cant do the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

I'm listening to developments on KFI right now. He says they are lining up and Being Bussed In for tonight's protest. If it is a legitimate protest, why bus people in?
Argh.
Anyway I must agree with you. I work with gangsters, you have to get close to them to get it. They are extremely racist, and very violent. They do not reason. They are always looking for a fight or excitement. They are basically bored with ordinary life and any excitement, a bag of gummy bears, a fifth of hooch, a drug, a weapon, a pretty girl, a risque song or video, a fight, they just go off on everything, for kicks of the moment.
My good friend teaches gang kids woodworking. They love it. He had to fight his ears off to get funding for it, and he is a good guy, it is a success. Only a few kids will ever meet him.
Nevertheless, they own my State, California.
I live surrounded my hardworking decent illegals, they do not want to get to know me though, or communicate, because I am not "them." So, I still smile and wave.
When and if TSHTF, I will be barricaded in here, they will turn on us in a moment. We are wishing we could move but the jobs are given to the bilingual, so my degree does me no good, and I can't save enough to move.
Southern California is toast, I do not see a way out now. The Chinese folks coming in may change things?

edit on 8-9-2010 by CestLaVie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join