It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossad, 9/11, and anti-semitism discussion (not 9/11 related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Fore-warning, let's all be polite please on this.

I was reading the 9/11 forums and came pretty close to labeling some people as racist because they equate anti-Mossad comments to anti-semitism.

Many people posting gave a warning on their post that just because they attack Mossad and the state of Israel, it does not follow that they are anti-semites. Other posters believed otherwise and think if you believe Mossad carried out 9/11 then this opinion is covert anti-semitism.

I was going to reply that labeling someone as a semite (and I use the term to signify the idea of a jewish race and not in a broader linguistic and/or of middle eastern descent) is in itself a racist term because it means you believe in the idea of differences in race, and science (IMHO) proves that there is only one race, the human race.

So I guess its a two parter, do you think criticism of Mossad/Israel is disguised anti-semitism and/or, is it racist to believe in the idea of race. I don't think in terms of race, its more to do with geographical determinism, in my town, all the people I met are pretty much of so-called mixed race and for the most part just want to party and that. I am glad I did not call anyone a racist because it would be very unfair to them, after all I might just be entirely mis-guided myself

So what do some of you guys on ATS think, I would love a few replies to balance out my own viewpoints.

PS to the MODS, not entirely sure what forum this should be in, only its not a discussion of 9/11.

edit on 8-9-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy because: double return key press meant no text in the OP, whooops

BBC Correspondent says MOSSAD did 9/11 and Iran doesn't want Nukes thread in the 9/11 forum is the thread in question

edit on 8-9-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy because: add ATS thread info

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What many people don't realize, is that Israel and Zionists are some of the biggest anti-semites in the world, seeing how they treat the Palestinian people.

With that being said, the label of anti-semite is a smoke-screen for pro-Zionists. It's a scapegoat that allows them to get away with what they are doing by making the subject taboo, though it's only taboo to criticize Israel. This is no accident.

It's a shame that we have to put disclaimers on our posts in an effort to disuade from the anti-semite label. Such a notion is a testiment to how effective the Israelis and Zionists are at controlling society through the media.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Funny, I was going to U2U you because I've been really enjoying your recent posts, you seem a wise person but isn't there always more to learn? Great points and I agree with your perspective in regards to pro-zionists being anti-semites in regards the holocaust in Palestine but I would look to reality, 96 per cent of people (made up statistic) think that anti-semitism is purely 'Jew-bashing'.

And yes it's sad I had to add a pre-warning but the 9/11 thread I linked to, wow, there is some serious stuff and opinions being thrown about, also the warning is a little attempt at intentional covert hypnosis, just for you airspoon (because of your signature about distrusting people who claim to know the truth) here is a link about Milton Erickson, a famous American who understood the world even better than an enlightened buddah.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

You have to ask where the phrase "anti-semitism " came from...

It is now used so widely that to me its lost all meaning, sort of the same as "racist"

Both are a card played way to often, the deck has been stacked.

But who is doing the stacking???

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
For me the term "anti-semite" has lost all meaning as it is so often used against anyone who is critical of the actions or policies of Israel. If I critisize France would that mean I am anti-French? If I happen to make a "Polish joke", would that mean I am anti- Polish? Of course not! But if I should for instance point out my disagreement with settler construction beyond the 1969 line, suddenly I am an anti-semite!

It seems to me that if I disagree with the actions or policies of a government, any government I have a right to voice my disapproval. IF that government happens to be Israel so be it!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Like someone said in another thread, the card of anti semit works only when one has something to lose , only when it's directed to a public person , an actor, a politician a show host , etc

Otherwise it's a bad joke , that only helps other realize that the one using those remarks is a "jukebox" ( someone places coins inside of him and he starts spitting out whatever he can for a purpose the one with the coins wants)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Criticising Mossad is as much 'anti-semetic' as criticising the CIA is 'anti-christian'. Neither make any sense!

I'm all for calling a spade a spade. So criticising Mossad is anti-mossad. Criticising israel is anti-israel. Criticising zionism is anti-zionist. Only criticising the semetic people, including the arabs, can ever ever be anti-semetic.

It's a propoganda tool to make people look biggoted for speaking out about anything Israel does. I'm yet to come across any person anywhere who is truely anti-semetic outside of Israel's own policies and politics!

new topics

top topics

join