It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beheadings becoming popular

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
A prediction that's already coming true.
Unfortunately it looks like beheadings will become the new choice of death for people taken hostage by sick fanatics...

But why? Where did this come from?

maybe it's to desensitze for what's to come...

From Rev. 20:4
"...and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands..."

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
For the cutting of heads (in Arabic, qata al-raas) has been the favorite form of Islamist execution for more than 14 centuries.

In the famous battles of early Islam, with the Prophet personally in command of the army of believers, the heads of enemy generals and soldiers were often cut off and put on sticks to be shown around villages and towns as a warning to potential adversaries.

Full Article

I'd say couple a hundred years ago maybe beheading was effective. now it just shows how uncivilized and shameless human beings can be..........

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It is a shock tactic to gain attension. Even though you know the person is just as dead from a bullet to the heart, beheadings insite more of an emotional response. They also show express more desicration and hatred of the group being victomised.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Beheadings has been around but what I see becoming popular is the beheadings of Americans on the news.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have been thinking the same thing. Why beheadings? Not to be crass - but isn't it easier to kill someone with a single bullet to the head instead of the bloodthirsty throat slitting or beheading.

It's so .... blood thirsty.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So, what does that say about the people doing it or the Religion that condones it?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The guillotine remained a popular form of capital punishment well into the 20h century. The device was widely used by Germany, Greece, Switzerland, and Sweden. But under pressure from newly enlightened European countries, France outlawed capital punishment in 1981. In October 1977, Hamida Djadoubi was the last person to be guillotined in France. Guillotine History

They have been popular.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I simply cannot relate to the concept of beheading at all.
I don't understand how a human could possibly do such a thing
to a fellow human, even to an "enemy," or even to the worst criminal.
Or how anyone could even watch it happen without being permanently
mentally scarred and forever imagining it or having nightmares of it
happening to one's family, or oneself.
And therein, perhaps is the answer...it can only happen when the victim is no longer seen as human, but just as "thing." Beheading, or any other such mutilation, in my opinion, demonstrates the utmost possible level of contempt one human can have for another.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This beheading are doing the desired effect that this terrorist want, to them this victims are trophies and their beliefs make them become de attach and remorseless, If we as Americans allowed yourselves to become detach and remorseless we will not better than them.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Beheading your enemy is a sign of power, pride and a sense of perversion. These terrorists are not as well equiped as per sa, the coalition and American forces, so they will use any means neccesary to convey thier message. They use suicide bombers as we use Tanks and Apaches, they use propaganda to instill courage and moral unto thier followers the same way we do.

I'm so sick of this war.

Only a monster could give birth to monsters.

How many more will die so Americans can buy cheaper gas for thier 80 thousand dollar Escalades?

Deep

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think some girls panties on my head would be alot better than getting it cut off. no pun intended....

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeTex
I think some girls panties on my head would be alot better than getting it cut off. no pun intended....

What about anal rape? More went on than what you saw in the pictures, a lot more. Unfortunately, people only respond to what they see on tv, not what they read in other mediums.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Understand a little more about the meaning of halal and halal killing to see the symbolic references of beheading.

Also, the abusive treatment of prisoners in an authorized and condoned program in Abu Ghraib was as anti-Islamic as can be, and deliberately done to cause maximum offense to them.

Neither side of this particular equation has much merit at all for people who choose to think about it. Debates about "at least one is not as bad as the other" offer little. The whole coverage of a "war" on "terrorism" is about as far removed from the reality of the politics involved as you might get. If you want to look at what is barbaric, then don't forget to look to the country that manufactures the greatest number of weapons designed to kill human beings in large numbers in the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amiga_de_los_Gatos
I simply cannot relate to the concept of beheading at all.
I don't understand how a human could possibly do such a thing
to a fellow human, even to an "enemy," or even to the worst criminal.
Or how anyone could even watch it happen without being permanently
mentally scarred and forever imagining it or having nightmares of it
happening to one's family, or oneself.
And therein, perhaps is the answer...it can only happen when the victim is no longer seen as human, but just as "thing." Beheading, or any other such mutilation, in my opinion, demonstrates the utmost possible level of contempt one human can have for another.

Have you ever slit an animal's throat ?
that is pretty much the same thing, those people just get used to it...

[edit on 26-6-2004 by kaskad]

top topics

join