It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreans Gather to Anoint Kim Jong Un His Father's Heir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

The largest meeting in 30 years is scheduled to take place in early September at which analysts largely expect North Korea to officially debut its leader Kim Jong Il's son and apparent heir, Kim Jong Un.

"Kim Jong Il must have tested his (three) sons and finally decided the third son is best suited. They've been consistently and carefully preparing for this debut for quite some time," said Chul Ki Ju, professor of international studies at Seoul National University.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: title fix

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So hopefully this guy won't be a psychopath. Even if he isn't though, political pressure from those who surround him might lead him to do stupid things. Especially at such a young age. A 20 year old with his finger on the nuke is a quite a scary thing if you ask me. I really hope the people of North Korea grow a collective pair and stop this nutty regime before it's too late...

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Not one response in over 12 hours...
This is a fairly important story too, hmm, looks like I'm a lot of people's ignore lists

Maybe that, and people are just sick of North Korea. Meh.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Good thing you bumped your own thread into the "Recent" posts. This is a fairly significant story. Is this 3rd son the one that is as crazy as Lil Il, or is this the one that is Western Educated and spends most of his time in Japan?

If he is the little crazy one that is closest to Kim Jong Il, then I would guess that a 20 year old sociopath like him will do something rash very soon! This could be a huge development.

If this is the kid that is friendly with the US and Japan, then maybe it is a good development?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The likely heir was educated in Switzerland for several years during middle school and is known to have been a fan of NBA basketball. One of the few witnesses who have met the rumored successor, Fujimoto Genji, a former Japanese private chef of Kim Jong Il, wrote in his tell-all book that Jong-Un, at the time 11 years old, was active, competitive and possessed of leadership qualities.

From your source. Maybe this kid isn't so bad? He seems to be the one that was educated in Switzerland and spent time in Japan. This could be a nice development?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hopefully from not living in Korea he picked up some sense that the normal citizens aren't allowed to get a hold of.

I have to do some looking into this kid, but one things for sure, the situation won't stay stagnant. He will either drop the bravado all together, or actually do something.

I suspect this is what that trip to China was about, letting them know what's up.

Off to investigate Lil Kim's Lil One.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The likely heir was educated in Switzerland for several years during middle school and is known to have been a fan of NBA basketball. One of the few witnesses who have met the rumored successor, Fujimoto Genji, a former Japanese private chef of Kim Jong Il, wrote in his tell-all book that Jong-Un, at the time 11 years old, was active, competitive and possessed of leadership qualities.

From your source. Maybe this kid isn't so bad? He seems to be the one that was educated in Switzerland and spent time in Japan. This could be a nice development?

Even if he is the second coming, he's still way too young to have that much power. The younger the leader, the tighter the grip on the trigger.

I'm also worried that others around him will exploit his age, and deceive him into war.

edit on 9-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So I did a quick investigation on this kid, and came away with very little information. I suppose that's how they want it though right?

His bios are favorable towards him, even saying that he questioned what the normal people do while he is having fun that was provided by his wealth.

Maybe he won't be so bad? A united Korea, probably not until his Father's people die off but a step in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
He definitely -seems- better, let's hope Il Kim doesn't want to go out with a bang.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I thought the NK top brass have been "trailing" kims son for the last year or so?
I'm sure I remember reading of how the genarals thought he was great beacuse he was aggressive and ready to take on the USA/world..
Wasn't he in command when the SK boat got sank a while back,as part of his trail?

Sure I hope hes an improvement-but with a dad like his I ain't gonna hold my breath.
His first few years will be dangerous IMO-he will be wishing to prove himself in front of the world and his people.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You don't know that and it is only speculation. It's not likely the son will be "annointed", but simply introduced to the party and given a post to give him some on the job respect & credintials.

new topics

top topics

join