It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Says Retaliation for Koran Burning 'Likely'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

The FBI is concerned that Islamic extremists might attack and retaliate at this Saturday's Koran burning planned by radical Florida pastor Terry Jones, ABC News has learned.

"While the FBI has no information to indicate a specific attack has been planned against the United States or U.S. assets in response to the 'International Burn a Koran Day' event, the FBI assesses with high confidence that, as with past incidents perceived as acts of desecration against Islam, extremist actors will continue to threaten or attempt to harm the leaders, organizers, or attendees the event," an FBI int
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Can you smell FALSE-FLAG? Honestly why would anyone post this in the media. It's irresponsible to cause fear the way this will. What's next? Tomorrow's news headline: Radical Islam retaliates by "insert black op here".

And this doesn't prove ANYTHING besides the belief that most Americans have: Do something they don't like, and get consequences!

Muslims preaching that theirs is a faith of peace and tolerance by retaliating violently to differing views proves just the opposite.

abcnews.go.com

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ok so this is the perfect excuse for the goverment to plan an attack against the american people "AGAIN"
and let the taliban take credit for it
burn the quran its just paper

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

abcnews.go.com

The FBI is concerned that Islamic extremists might attack and retaliate at this Saturday's Koran burning planned by radical Florida pastor Terry Jones, ABC News has learned.

"While the FBI has no information to indicate a specific attack has been planned against the United States or U.S. assets in response to the 'International Burn a Koran Day' event, the FBI assesses with high confidence that, as with past incidents perceived as acts of desecration against Islam, extremist actors will continue to threaten or attempt to harm the leaders, organizers, or attendees the event," an FBI int

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

Pay heed to the phrase -"extremist ACTORS"

MAybe the FBI knows this because they can read minds?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was about to say it sounds like a false flag for something as well, but the poster above beat me to it...

I'm sure there will be retaliation somewhere... remember the cartoonist...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by trutherman

I think thats a typo, should be factors, but a fitting typo all the same...

Actors is probably closer to the truth..

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
GOOD!

Too bad that in the US we have this thing called FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.

It seems that the ISLAMIC folk learned it pretty quickly. They realized that we did not want them to build a mosque at ground zero, they could care less what we thought.

SOOOO, I say we tell them another thing we have, we picket their POS mosque. We make sure it does not get built. OOOOOOPS, the wrong concrete mixture, cost us about a month. This goes wrong, that goes wrong, we need a little more to grease these palms, them palms etc etc etc.........................................

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

I don't think that pastor is really going to burn anything. If you can see a picture of him on TV he looks and seems like a big windbag.

Someone will undoubtedly try to bribe him not to burn the Quran. So he won't do it. (Let this be a lesson to you boys and girls, those of you who say "predictions never come true on ATS")

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well I predict that there will be some burning.

So for sure, a "prediction will come true on ATS"

hehe

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There already burning flags and puppets in afghanistan... Almost like a daily routine over there.
no im j/k about the daily routine thing, i dunno about that.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
OK, if we want to burn the Quran we can, and if they want to burn the Holy Bible then do it. It is only fair.
But what we cannot do is KILL EACHOTHER OVER THE BURNING OF A FEW BOOKS!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wut?!?

There's a lot of dead people over there in Iraq and Afghanistan. They put the DU to them in Fallujah. People in Abu Gharib prison . Torture, rendition, etc. This is the blasphemy, not the burning of a sacred book.

Drones hitting the wrong people, death of women and children, rape. But it is too offensive to burn a book says a general.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
OK, if we want to burn the Quran we can, and if they want to burn the Holy Bible then do it. It is only fair.
But what we cannot do is KILL EACHOTHER OVER THE BURNING OF A FEW BOOKS!

The Koran/Bible are testaments to the beginning of our current society, while their words may be gravely misinterpreted by many zealots, they still represent our foundations and are necessary in shaping our future.

And obviously there will be violence over this. Look at what happened after the Muhammad cartoon incident. Some people just don't get it that Islam society is different from theirs. Just because you do something with humor or "freedom" in mind by insulting a global religion doesn't mean the followers will find it just as funny as you (but this should be common sense, but if you haven't figured it out yet this guy is trying to incite violence against Muslims. Probably necessary now in order to lead more American campaigns in the Middle East).

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Some people just don't get it that Islam society is different from theirs. Just because you do something with humor or "freedom" in mind by insulting a global religion doesn't mean the followers will find it just as funny as you

True. But then, it is a big step between finding it not funny, and using it to justify more killing, sadly. With all the wars going on, it seems that if anybody need justification for violence, it is already there? But then, the burning of a COPY of a book will probably entice more justification than killing many UNIQUE HUMAN beings...

(but this should be common sense, but if you haven't figured it out yet this guy is trying to incite violence against Muslims. Probably necessary now in order to lead more American campaigns in the Middle East).

Yes, that is why I bet there will be some burning

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

All part of the NWO plan, to make the war between Christianity and Islam.. Muslims have been saying the current war is between Christianity and Islam, that Christians have puppized almost every Muslim nation stopping them from governing their own affairs.

Once the war gets bigger, both religions will look bad, and NWO will look good.. Then comes the big plan..

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by trutherman

I think thats a typo, should be factors, but a fitting typo all the same...

Actors is probably closer to the truth..

Maybe Not a typo. It is writen that way in two places in the article.

Could it be a subtle hint to a false flag that the FBI agent is trying to get out?
Like the 'Extremist Actors' who used forged Saudi National passports to board 4 planes?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So, burning the Koran will put our soldiers in Afghanistan in danger. When I heard General make that statement I could not believe he made such a statement.

Our soldiers are being killed in Afghanistan. How much more danger can there be?

I do not condone burning any Holy Book. But we do have the right to burn any book we so chose.

The problem is that the MSM and our government have teamed together to insight hate and violence and to separate the American people.

That is not what we need now. We need to become of one mind to overcome our enemies. Divided we will not win.

Wait a minute. Who are our real enemies?

I am confused. It is OK to kill Muslims in Afghanistan, including women and children but we are damned if we burn the Koran?

Has the world gone mad?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Im curious myself if the pastor himself is a CIA plant. Either that or they got to him and turned him; had him set this up. As people have said before, bibles, Qurans, flags, and the like have been burned by many groups all over the world. Why is this international news and causing major controversy? Its one little church in the tiny corner of the US. Its not like the entire nation is partaking in such madness. Its immature, irrational, and just ridiculous. Americans should be above such tactics. I truly doubt there are many Christian and other religious groups endorsing this at all.

Of course, the muslims of the world would be just as irrational and immature to retaliate violently for such nonsense.

edit on 9-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add to comment

top topics

join